Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received a negative covid test results about an hour ago.  Strange, how Eric has it and I have been sick with the common symptoms but I'm negative.

Sorry but I'm not wearing a mask and face shield inside my house as Dr suggested I do since Eric has it.  

I was with him 24/7 before he went to hospital with it.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric doing great.  I broke my fever overnight and today just feel like a bad head cold.  

His dr had suggested I keep heat off in the car and keep car windows fully open when I drove him home yesterday.  

Little hard to keep windows open with temperatures in the 20s.  Its snowing again today expect 4 to 6 inches.  

Looks pretty, but more shoveling later today.  

Glad to hear you are both doing better. Do you plan on taking another test? Maybe  it was wrong?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

So much changes on this thread in just 24 hours. 

Unfortunately, I have bad news to add. My wife learned yesterday that her BIL had a stroke and is in a medically induced coma. He is 70. The prognosis is not good. She has had way too much death in her family over the past 10 years...both parents, a brother in his 40s, and a sister in her 50s. It’s driving her crazy that there is nothing that she can do. 

Sorry to hear about your wife’s BIL and all the deaths she has had to deal with. That has to be hard and my heart goes out to you, her and her family.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was just reading on my next door neighbor app a woman who said someone at ALDIs didnt put on a mask so she called 911, who told her to call the health dept. She called them but had to leave a message. She snapped pictures of the offender and her car and license plate.

How do you all feel? Seems over the top, pay for you stuff and get out of there if you are that bothered. What would the health dept do, show up at your doorstep and ban you from grocery shopping for a year. A cruise is a fixed site, but even though I know there will be those pushing the rules, already had covid, vaccinated...I personally havent seen anyone not wearing a mask. But I wouldnt go crazy if I did.

People need to learn what 911 is really for and not waste the operator’s time when it can be used on a true emergency. They should have avoided the person or left. Tell the manager if she thought it was necessary, but to call 911 is just crazy. 🤯

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, I have bad news to add. My wife learned yesterday that her BIL had a stroke and is in a medically induced coma. He is 70. The prognosis is not good. She has had way too much death in her family over the past 10 years...both parents, a brother in his 40s, and a sister in her 50s. It’s driving her crazy that there is nothing that she can do. 

I’m so sorry to read this. 

My sister and brother in law just went to ER for covid tests. Both are very sick with chills and respiratory problems and runny noses. A friend took them to ER. I posted before my bil said he wouldnt get vaccinated because he read there can be side effects. I was upset he was refusing. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My sister and brother in law just went to ER for covid tests. Both are very sick with chills and respiratory problems and runny noses. A friend took them to ER. I posted before my bil said he wouldnt get vaccinated because he read there can be side effects. I was upset he was refusing. 

Hoping for good news, 🤞🏻

• Like 1

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Hoping for good news, 🤞🏻

Well the problem is they were supposed to stay with my dad while mom and I went for our 2nd shots, which could be a all day thing. Now he will be there alone. If I was mom I would ask a neighbor to look in but she hates to ask. Hes unsteady on his feet so we usually dont leave him alone. 

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Pray and have positive thoughts.  

As Dani mentioned a very good friend of ours had a massive stroke and after a month of various tests and no responses of any kind and no brain activity the family placed in hospice.  He woke up a week or so later Hungry.   A week later he is now getting up out of bed and doing physical therapy and speech therapy as there are some deficits but his recovery looks great.

Hang in there and keep us posted 😊

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, i will get another test probably Wednesday or Thursday.

So glad Eric is on the mend and finally home, the best place to be in this pandemic.

Just to be on the safe side and to know "where you stand" with Covid.... and it will be great if you had it with some "acceptable" symptoms -- be done and all 😁

• Like 2

Here’s the finished puzzle. Started at noon yesterday and finished early afternoon today.

It would have gone quicker, except the puzzle box photo was so tiny. No, I don’t need glasses. I might also add there were a few Simpson’s characters I never saw before. 

238825C0-73DC-479B-B7C1-D75CCCCD64F5.thumb.jpeg.293a83e2f241a2ffbf5d2e5f6372ed5b.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

It sounds like covid19.

I hope your sister and BIL recover okay.

It's a shame he didn't listen to you and got the vaccine.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So glad Eric is on the mend and finally home, the best place to be in this pandemic.

Just to be on the safe side and to know "where you stand" with Covid.... and it will be great if you had it with some "acceptable" symptoms -- be done and all 😁

+1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here’s the finished puzzle. Started at noon yesterday and finished early afternoon today.

It would have gone quicker, except the puzzle box photo was so tiny. No, I don’t need glasses. I might also add there were a few Simpson’s characters I never saw before. 

238825C0-73DC-479B-B7C1-D75CCCCD64F5.thumb.jpeg.293a83e2f241a2ffbf5d2e5f6372ed5b.jpeg

That's an intense puzzle.  Where's Waldo?  LOL!  Good Job

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I wish them the best.  Good news is the hospitals have therapeutic options that seem to work for most people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1