Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Prayers for Charlie @DaniDanielle.  There's nothing scarier than waiting for someone to tell you everything is fine.

On a less serious note, I just tested positive for Covid again. 😡😡😡

I really don't have time for sitting at home for 5 days.  I've got a lot to wrap up over the next month before a significant change professionally.  My symptoms are a cough and a little sinus congestion but that is all. I've started my Covid recovery treatment.  Symptoms developed Wednesday, hopefully I'm good to go by Sunday.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We have just got home after a 7 night Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the seas and several nights pre and post cruise hotel stay in a hotel on South beach Miami.

We visited Coco Cay.

Cozumel.

Roatan Honduras

Costa Maya.

Enchantment of the seas was docked next to us at Coco Cay.

IMG_20230203_102047.jpg

IMG_20230201_114247.jpg

IMG_20230130_085858.jpg

IMG_20230130_074042.jpg

IMG_20230203_134202.jpg

Looks great Graham... We board Oasis Mar 5.  I can't wait.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have just got home after a 7 night Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the seas and several nights pre and post cruise hotel stay in a hotel on South beach Miami.

We visited Coco Cay.

Cozumel.

Roatan Honduras

Costa Maya.

Was that your first visit to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan? I was surprised to read your thoughts on Costa Maya. What did you do in Roatan? I thought the horse snd carts had been banned in Cozumel?

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Helping out at my daughter’s house this morning, so I started searching for Ricky.  I thought I found him, but he looked like instead of being inside a box, the box was inside him. 

9B4C53B0-B123-453B-82B2-BF1A6F165C01.thumb.jpeg.61b908507c1e69f740731b156ffa2d91.jpeg

Oh wait, that is my granddaughter’s, work in progress, Valentine’s Day box. 

That is the coolest Valentine's box ever!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Was that your first visit to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan? I was surprised to read your thoughts on Costa Maya. What did you do in Roatan? I thought the horse snd carts had been banned in Cozumel?

It was our first visit to Cozumel,Roatan and Costa Maya.

We had been to Coco cay before all the new development.

We prefer to wander around the shops and are not interested in ancient ruins.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Please keep Charlie, my Charlie not Greg’s!, in your thoughts.  He is going for an MRI to check on the status of his liver.  He has been having stomach issues for awhile now but the cancer doctor does not think it is the cancer.  She ordered the MRI to make sure of the status quo🙏

Thanks all for always being there.

Sending you both our prayers 🙏 Marietta.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

We’re babysitting our two granddaughters starting tonight until next Thursday. Middle DD Jessica has a work conference in Orlando Monday, Tuesday & 1/2 day Wednesday.  Since her husband works from home, he’s flying down with her and will work from Orlando.  Then they decided to add on this weekend, so they fly down early tomorrow morning & return Thursday morning.  I spent all morning getting the last of our vacation stuff put away.  Actually instead of putting it all away, I just laundered everything and put it back into the suitcases for next month!  I’ll need to reorganize a bit but it’s all out of the way.  Then I went grocery shopping and egads!   Stocking up on all their snacks, yogurt, juice, lots of fresh fruit, etc. cost a small fortune.  Then a stop at Target for a couple of new books and a stop at the Dollar Store (now the $1.25 store) for coloring books, stickers, etc.  

The weather is crazy, it was 63 degrees here.  No complaints from me.  

• Like 13

This coming up cruise on Oasis will be our first time on an Oasis class ship and it will be our first experience in a suite on that class of ship as well.  We have the UDP so I will let the concierge know what we want for dining in the evenings and embarkation and sea day lunches but I was wondering about Coastal Kitchen. Do we need to reserve there if we intend to eat breakfast or is it just seating as available.  Also what about lunch in CK?  Does that work the same? I'll probably do Playmakers as often as it is open but was just curious. What about the Globe and Atlas pub?  Does that serve food as well?  Their menu doesn't show anything.  We really enjoyed the Poutine on Odyssey at their pub.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

Getting ready to board Harmony Sunday for a B3B.  Been a busy week , getting a new suitcase and clothes. And I hate shopping. I did get a 4 pack of Air Tags.  Hopefully it will help keeping track of our luggage.  I tried Amazon, but they couldn't deliver in time, so I picked them up at the Apple store, not much difference in price, and they have them.

We did file a report for the lost luggage, but I had an email yesterday that they have had no luck so far. They said they will look for 30 days, and if they don't show up, I will file an insurance claim.  We have an annual travel policy.

I have used Sears a lot in the past for clothes, and our local store is still open, but when I went to the men clothing department, all I saw were mostly empty racks and tables. Really sad, so I ended up at Macys.

One thing that I am really mad at myself about is tossing my little hand held GPS in my suitcase, which have never done before.  I had been looking for a new one, but the ones I have looked at have a satellite  phone, which I really don't want. The biggest loss is all of the waypoints I have stored with all of ports I have been to, maybe going back close to 10 years.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I did get a 4 pack of Air Tags.  Hopefully it will help keeping track of our luggage.

They worked great on our last cruise on Navigator. I could see when they moved from the dock to the ship so I knew at sailaway that our luggage was aboard somewhere.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

They worked great on our last cruise on Navigator. I could see when they moved from the dock to the ship so I knew at sailaway that our luggage was aboard somewhere.

I did have to stop at the Apple store the next day to find out where they hid the Findme app on my phone.

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This coming up cruise on Oasis will be our first time on an Oasis class ship and it will be our first experience in a suite on that class of ship as well.  We have the UDP so I will let the concierge know what we want for dining in the evenings and embarkation and sea day lunches but I was wondering about Coastal Kitchen. Do we need to reserve there if we intend to eat breakfast or is it just seating as available.  Also what about lunch in CK?  Does that work the same? I'll probably do Playmakers as often as it is open but was just curious. What about the Globe and Atlas pub?  Does that serve food as well?  Their menu doesn't show anything.  We really enjoyed the Poutine on Odyssey at their pub.  

We had the ultimate dining package.

We went to Giovanni's and 150 Central park 3 times and Chops Grill once.

We had lunch at Giovannis and Chops Grill on sea days.

We boarded at 11am and went straight to 150 Central Park and booked our weeks dining.

The food was excellent.

Playmakers took up most of the port side of the Boardwalk.

I didn't see anyone eating at the pub.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

I did have to stop at the Apple store the next day to find out where they hid the Findme app on my phone.

It works really great. I bought 8.  Ive got one in my wallet, one on my keys, one on DW's keys, one hidden in my truck, and four in our luggage. I'm a little security conscience since Ive had my truck broken into 3 times.  The first time it was stolen the second and third times it was just broken into and they yarded out our luggage.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We visited Coco Cay.

Cozumel.

Roatan Honduras

Costa Maya.

Enchantment of the seas was docked next to us at Coco Cay.

IMG_20230203_102047.jpg

IMG_20230201_114247.jpg

IMG_20230130_085858.jpg

IMG_20230130_074042.jpg

IMG_20230203_134202.jpg

I believe @Momof3gurlz was 1 island over from you on another ship at Great Stiruup Cay last week and took this picture of you..... So close but yet so far...............

36140DFA-E199-4A62-9A3E-AB1BF8BBC439.thumb.jpeg.385df0ba1d234b1f6aacf2f9a878b1e9.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Looks great Graham... We board Oasis Mar 5.  I can't wait.

Dave, we're boarding on the 5th also!🛳️

Bummer with this darned Covid.  Jim hadn't been feeling well, but didn't test Positive.  Feel better!

• Like 3