Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy trying her best. 

931FDDFC-342B-479C-9A86-EF83824F0D78.thumb.jpeg.972d9792f89e503ac59a9351596c7dee.jpeg

Mom’s wild turkey trying as well. At least Lucy doesn’t carp on the porch, like the turkey at my mom’s. 

12AF880D-9B30-4791-B8FD-5E7B7E75DA8E.thumb.jpeg.53a7c8ec6b5292ca83f8aec53c547258.jpeg

Lucy is quite photogenic!  As is your Mom's wild turkey!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, derorim said:

We are also on the Serenade repo cruise out of Tampa in September.  Your posts nudged me into checking on hotels.  I had kind of forgotten about doing that, for some reason.  Anyhow, I just booked a room at the Hyatt Place Tampa Downtown.  I like that it's more reasonably priced, and walkable.  I dread looking at airfare next.  

Thanks for mentioning this--we are also on this cruise and I haven't booked a hotel or air yet either.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We have stayed at the Tampa Renaissance right next to International Plaza. Kind of pricey but the hotel is very nice. Restaurants and shopping galore.

That also looks like a nice option and price is comparable to the Hilton Tampa Downtown.   I see there is a Capital Grille nearby.    That will probably sway Eric to stay at the Renaissance if I mention that😃

• Like 3

6 hours ago, derorim said:

We are also on the Serenade repo cruise out of Tampa in September.  Your posts nudged me into checking on hotels.  I had kind of forgotten about doing that, for some reason.  Anyhow, I just booked a room at the Hyatt Place Tampa Downtown.  I like that it's more reasonably priced, and walkable.  I dread looking at airfare next.  

That is great to hear there are a couple of us from this thread that will be on the same sailing.    I hope we can all meet up😃     

I priced up airfare but have not yet made a final decision and booked.    We are probably going to fly in on Sunday then we will have all day Monday to meet up with our good friends that moved to Clearwater area last August.     They said they have not yet explored downtown Tampa area and are happy to come meet us there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That also looks like a nice option and price is comparable to the Hilton Tampa Downtown.   I see there is a Capital Grille nearby.    That will probably sway Eric to stay at the Renaissance if I mention that😃

Yes! Lots of great restaurants. Step outside the hotel and everything is right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We realized too late that we missed national pizza day.    We will celebrate tomorrow.😃

Royal sent us an email that they were offering Giovanni's for $32 in honor of pizza day today....guess what, the never ending black friday sale was far cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Royal sent us an email that they were offering Giovanni's for $32 in honor of pizza day today....guess what, the never ending black friday sale was far cheaper.

I saw that email tonight and booked lunch on our end of March Anthem sailing for the 4 of us, Chris & Donna joining us.  Only $16.99 for lunch.   Basically same menu as dinner.

We already had booked Chops for dinner and a surprise dinner for the 2 of them at Izumi.   

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, George C said:

Joebob is ready to fall asleep on blanket 

image.thumb.jpeg.d1a9d304fa6af627a1862abaa0870b36.jpeg

Joebob is adorable! But he looks kind of blank. ☺️ We have had smart cats and not so smart cats. Bobby is kind of in the middle, he looks smart, but he's dumb. 😄

Edited by Coralc

15 hours ago, George C said:

My wife who is way more successful than I was got a very very nice bonus, but instead of doing something practical like upgrading our cruises to penthouse, she will use it to remodel the kitchen. 

Congrats on your wife's bonus 👍 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great to hear there are a couple of us from this thread that will be on the same sailing.    I hope we can all meet up😃    

Me too, it was lovely meeting up with Dani and her talented hubby on Beyond last year. Nice to put faces to names after chatting for a couple of years now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1