Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Lionesss said:

…Yesterday morning the EPA said there were no harmful gases in our air, and safety alert was cancelled.

Then last night the box cars re-ignited and flames were seen again.

Now what concerns us is that so few agency s have come up to the plate to offer help.

But in the meantime a lady lost her whole pen of chickens and she does not reside in the zone.

And a close by pond has dead fish.…

That’s terrible you are having to go thru this. Can you leave the area for a little while or does your husband have to work? Be safe.

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our area was under that advisory.  The schools would not let any of the kids out for recess, because the winds were supposedly blowing our way.  They were advising wearing masks outdoors.  

I am surprised your DH hospital doesn’t require masks.  Ours say they will require them indefinitely.  

Sorry you are also having to go thru this. Here Cleveland Clinic still requires them, but they aren’t the N95 masks just the cheap kind. I don’t think I’ve seen any doctors lately with N95 masks. Take care.

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm scared. 4th mild earthquake in the last 2 days. And as I was writing, another one... 

Missiles? Rockets? I've "dealt" with them before... kind of "known material"....

As our apartment is at the 5th floor, I'm very afraid of being trapped. Long time fear of finding myself in a constructed and narrow place, without being able to move. And we experience very cold days and nights, the coldest from the beginning of the winter.

DH has decided to hang a weight from the lamp, so that we'll KNOW for sure if it's indeed an earthquake... Reassuring? Not so much....

image.thumb.jpeg.c6c02dbdc58046b9c8665ed22e7d57eb.jpeg

That’s awful that you have to go thru rockets and now earthquakes. What a scary situation. Be safe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Honestly Dani, I don't know how you do it. I realize that is home for you. However, I would grab that bag with IDs, passports, money, and jewelry and move. We may have our issue as a country but I think I speak for everyone when I say we would welcome you to the U.S.  Just say'n. 

@dani negreanuAdd Mike and I to the list.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This arrived in advance of Lisa’s birthday next week. 

What‘s in the box?

Roses that last a year. 

F3D1F5D5-C228-4162-8CDF-16B686E2831E.thumb.jpeg.3b6d69873a467e458ccb963a125c8120.jpeg

Beautiful roses.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 7:07 AM, Keksie said:

Some swim the dolphins yes some no.  It all depends on the circumstances.  It is like our ambassadors at the refuge.  They are not able to be released back into the wild for a variety of reasons.  We have worked with them over the years to be able to take them to events etc.  They have a diet designed for their individual needs, a habitat designed just for them and enrichment activities each day.  So, with the dolphins if they are not releasable, carefully monitored with the swimming with people part and well taken care of I have no problem with that. 

The pens at Costa Maya are WAY too small for dolphins.  I haven't seen anything that makes me think they get appropriate enrichment there, either.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 9:56 AM, NHProud said:

You are probably too young to have experienced the blizzard of Jan. 1967 .  That was a snowstorm that closed East Lansing , MI for days . 

I remember 1978's blizzard, though.  

My family had snowmobilies, and we spent that week delivering medicine and food to people who couldn't get out and about.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm so sorry that you have to live like this in today's world, Dani.😔

Me too 😥, sending you prayers for an end to the tremors and peace and cool political heads on both sides for years to come

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went out to the lake for a walk this morning, before the high winds are due to arrive. (20-30 mph winds with gusts to 50 mph)

Saw three eagles, and we should start seeing many more in the next two months. 

This one was a little far away for a good iPhone photo.  I may need to carry my Nikon, which has a better zoom. 

5D69AB1E-8DA4-453B-BCFD-43A3E5577CD3.thumb.jpeg.d34c128051ce31ff5f9e679454faaad7.jpeg

I tried to get closer to two of them sitting in a tree, but they took flight.  I didn’t realize their average wingspan is 7 feet. 

9B7C4594-B900-4F8A-AE5C-030D8191DE30.thumb.jpeg.40311ca9c505ff22a09dc4d58036a6ea.jpeg

Oh well, five miles walked before 10 am. 

• Like 19

On 2/6/2023 at 10:21 AM, sgmn said:

Can I ask where you're staying?  We have a cruise out of Tampa in September and want somewhere with an easy taxi drive of the port 

On 2/6/2023 at 1:52 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I am curious too since we will be on the same cruise as you and Gary.    I was looking at the Hilton Tampa Downtown, Embassy Suites or the Hyatt Tampa Downtown yesterday.   

On 2/6/2023 at 2:58 PM, HBE4 said:

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Tampa Downtown last June when the Rangers were playing the Tampa Bay Lightening in last years playoffs.   Nice place, clean, quiet, friendly staff, great free breakfast.

We are also on the Serenade repo cruise out of Tampa in September.  Your posts nudged me into checking on hotels.  I had kind of forgotten about doing that, for some reason.  Anyhow, I just booked a room at the Hyatt Place Tampa Downtown.  I like that it's more reasonably priced, and walkable.  I dread looking at airfare next.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm scared. 4th mild earthquake in the last 2 days. And as I was writing, another one... 

Missiles? Rockets? I've "dealt" with them before... kind of "known material"....

As our apartment is at the 5th floor, I'm very afraid of being trapped. Long time fear of finding myself in a constructed and narrow place, without being able to move. And we experience very cold days and nights, the coldest from the beginning of the winter.

DH has decided to hang a weight from the lamp, so that we'll KNOW for sure if it's indeed an earthquake... Reassuring? Not so much....

image.thumb.jpeg.c6c02dbdc58046b9c8665ed22e7d57eb.jpeg

Our prayers 🙏 are with you Dani.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The huge difference is that we get an alert for missiles [between 60 and 90 seconds], which, believe me, it's a lot

Those who live near the border have only 15 seconds....

Our in house shelter is built to withstand all but a direct hit to our apartment. When hostilities start, we have water, food, batteries and a bag with our IDs, passports, money and jewelry at the ready.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this Dani.

Best wishes always to you and your family.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1