Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Nice weather so we decided to walk across the street and have dinner (sushi) at the Ritz. We went to their pool bar with a view of the ocean for an after dinner drink. Since we’re facing East toward the ocean, we get a “reflected” sunset. 
APC_3998.thumb.jpeg.0d797444e9b07fe66e60ee627aacd7e2.jpeg

APC_4001.thumb.jpeg.ee5d7f1c3cc6442daeae2d365f0cb2b3.jpeg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I can remember our Pediatrician making house calls from where his office was in Brooklyn to where we lived in lower Manhattan.  If I needed a shot *gasp* he would walk out of my bedroom with my mother not saying a word, to set up the needle.  I just KNEW!  If no shot, he would say goodbye and smile.

I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating:

My father had surgery when he was in his 70s.  My mother told the doctor in the Manhattan hospital that she knew his father, many years ago in Brooklyn, also a doctor.  The young doctor told my mother his last name was not uncommon at all and asked how she was sure she knew his father.  My mother smiled and told him she remembers him running in and out of his father's office when he was a young child.  She said "You look the same as that little boy in your father's office". 

Several doctors in my area make house calls.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

As a Doctor, can you tell me where the blood came from?  Thanks in advance.

jc🤩

Not touching this one with a 10 ft pole. I had no need to see anything inside those cabins. The crew deserved every dollar of that tip. Those women were disgusting. I can't believe those stewards didn't wear gloves when touching anything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not touching this one with a 10 ft pole. I had no need to see anything inside those cabins. The crew deserved every dollar of that tip. Those women were disgusting. I can't believe those stewards didn't wear gloves when touching anything.

I only watch these silly shows because of you.  Agree they were pretty much unbelievable.  Then almost all of the guests are.  I, always wonder how much of the guests are actually real and not people willing to be on TV and everything is actually completely fake.  

JC

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I only watch these silly shows because of you.  Agree they were pretty much unbelievable.  Then almost all of the guests are.  I, always wonder how much of the guests are actually real and not people willing to be on TV and everything is actually completely fake.  

JC

Nice way to end the day.... mindless TV and a glass of wine.🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm in.   Although I haven't skated (roller or ice) in years.

I haven’t roller skated for years, but did ice skate last year on one of our cruises.

Granddaughter roller skates, ice skates and hoverboards.  I was surprised I didn’t have an ice skate or roller skate video handy.  I did have this one from November, just after they got Ricky.  She does have great balance. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

Honestly, it's more likely to do something in error than to do something I want it to.  I was watching a funny video yesterday of a mom overhearing her daughter trying to get Google to set an alarm for "3:60" (instead of four o'clock), and MY Google set an alarm!!!  

I think part of the reason I don't use it for more things (besides the fact that I really don't have more things for it to do) is my control freak tendencies.  (Thanks, traumatic childhood!)  But we can be generous and instead of calling me neurotic, just say that I'm a "visual" person instead of an "aural" person.

I like to *see* the alarms (yes, plural -- I set three, each with a different ringtone) that I set on my phone when I need to get up for work.

I like to *see* the weather forecast (if I actually care about the weather, which I usually don't).  

Back when newspapers were still a thing in this town, I would read the paper every single day, but I would never watch the local or national news on television unless there was something in particular that I knew I wanted to see (typically someone I knew on the broadcast, and then I'd only watch until I saw the person I wanted to see).  I wanted to *see* the words with my own eyes, instead of hearing them spoken by someone else.  

I even like to have the captions on when I'm watching a show on tv, even though my hearing is normal.  

My brain can process the written word a bazillion times faster than the spoken word.  In case y'all haven't figured it out by now, I'm kind of a weirdo!  🤣

Me too. If Dick starts reading something to me I always have to remind him that I’ll absorb it much better  if I read it myself. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for the advice.  What happens at layovers.  Do they usually help you to the next boarding area.  As of now I think I would make it OK if it's in the same area.

Yes. You’ll have to wait till everyone else is off the plane, though. 
Sometimes they take shortcuts and you best everybody to the next gate!

• Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!  I was hoping to do some raking and seeding my front lawn this morning, but it's way too breezy here for that. Luckily, I'm never wanting for something else to spend my day doing;  so, I'm vacuuming and washing towels instead.

My Koi seem to be "chomping at the bit" for me to begin feeding season, but I'm waiting for temps to be around 55 during the day, and 50 at night.  That's what I was told at the Koi Garden store by me.  

• Like 8

Good morning!  Had Lyft drive us to the airport this morning.  When we got out of the car, I had to lock once, twice, even three times to make sure DH didn’t leave anything in the car…like our passports.  😲 😠 Don’t want to go through that again.

Very soon…..To the friendly skies.

66BA7E9A-9E36-4580-BAAC-D0950E75E649.thumb.jpeg.54a04992947b01deeb63fe7d8947391f.jpeg

5070373A-861B-41C6-95CF-C2F638B81D69.thumb.jpeg.437943971d0da18379590e0172d53b68.jpeg

• Like 30

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter.  A Barbie party.  What fun!

Somebody sent me an article that appeared in the New York Times in 2006 that your BIL who grew up in Brooklyn might want to read.

He can Google:When Tilden Was The World.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I live in a very safe virtually crime free area.That is likely why doctors have no qualms about making house calls.

I know there are agencies that specify in medical house calls when patients are unable to get to a doctor's office.  I doubt none of my or Jack's established doctors make house calls and we live in a very safe area too.

• Like 1