Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I find it a little more expensive, but that is mainly because of the DP340 discount I receive with Royal.  Other than that, IMO, I think they are very comparable.  
No they don’t loyalty match, even among their own brands (Carnival, Holland, Seaborne, Cunard, etc.)

I like Royal’s generous loyalty perks but Princess does have an option for $60 pppd that covers your gratuities, wifi for one device, unlimited (15) drinks per day, and some other “stuff”.  To me, that is a no brainer.🍸🍷 They also have a pkg for $80 pppd.

I personally like Princess, but then I am also at their top tier.  I started sailing with them about 12 years ago when Royal and X left the West Coast because of all the problems in Mexico.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

In Honolulu today, 🌺

15 drinks a day? WOW 😲 Do they have AA Meetings onboard?

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So right now I'm watching a Hallmark movie called Mystic Christmas. It was filmed in Mystic Ct. Thought I'd watch it to see the local locations. So my question is how can these Hallmark movies be so painful to watch and how can my mother like this channel so much?😦

Most likely it was filmed in Canada where all of them are filmed. Lower productions costs for Hallmark who cranks out the formula driven movies for 30 movies each season. Yes the plots are predictable but I like them and watch them. I’m not expecting Gone with the Wind. They are what they are a Christmas spirit feel good movie. No sad endings and all is right in the end. Call me stupid if you like but they obviously have their viewers as it’s a huge cash cow for my local town business Hallmark. I’m happy to support them.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Most likely it was filmed in Canada where all of them are filmed. Lower productions costs for Hallmark who cranks out the formula driven movies for 30 movies each season. Yes the plots are predictable but I like them and watch them. I’m not expecting Gone with the Wind. They are what they are a Christmas spirit feel good movie. No sad endings and all is right in the end. Call me stupid if you like but they obviously have their viewers as it’s a huge cash cow for my local town business Hallmark. I’m happy to support them.

It was not filmed in Canada. It was filmed in Mystic CT. A good part of it at the Mystic Aquarium, Mystic Seaport, and Mystic Village. I know all these places. It was not faked. Nothing wrong with a feel good movie but as for the acting.....

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How is it cost wise continue Royal? More expensive? Cheaper? I’ve heard good things about them. Do they do  loyalty match?

@Sea Dog Greg, I find it a little more expensive, but that is mainly because of the DP340 discount I receive with Royal.  Other than that, IMO, I think they are very comparable.  
No they don’t loyalty match, even among their own brands (Carnival, Holland, Seaborne, Cunard, etc.)

I like Royal’s generous loyalty perks but Princess does have an option for $60 pppd that covers your gratuities, wifi for one device, unlimited (15) drinks per day, and some other “stuff”.  To me, that is a no brainer.🍸🍷 They also have a pkg for $80 pppd.

I personally like Princess, but then I am also at their top tier.  I started sailing with them about 12 years ago when Royal and X left the West Coast because of all the problems in Mexico.

In Honolulu today, 🌺

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

In Honolulu today, 🌺

Thanks for your thoughts. Have fun in Honolulu!!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😆 We thought about it too.  We decided to get our first block on the next cruise.   Our DD has always wanted to cruise Alaska so we thought it would be a good memory for her if we get a block on Ovation when we cruise with her in June.

Will Sharon and I each get one?

You will get 1 per household.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

When you are aboard Odyssey could you post what they are charging for internet please?

In February I'll be expecting to hear all about Icon!

You will probably have to remind me, but I'll be happy to. Also happy to talk about the Icon. We get off the Icon in Miami and get on the Odyssey in Fort Lauderdale the same day. A S2S, but different ports.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was not filmed in Canada. It was filmed in Mystic CT. A good part of it at the Mystic Aquarium, Mystic Seaport, and Mystic Village. I know all these places. It was not faked. Nothing wrong with a feel good movie but as for the acting.....

My Wife is from West Haven, CT., she knows Mystic, CT quite well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wray & Nephew/Appleton Estates didn't do a seminar today and I'm not sure if they will be there tomorrow. Didn't look at the list yet. 

I’d love to try it but at $500 a bottle I don’t think I’ll ever get my hands on it.

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Crashed on the bed for about 15 minutes and then off to a special invitation for dinner to Esotico.

20231111_183941.thumb.jpg.f0f5457f4d15e5ffd5065c58d9c4d5ba.jpg

Love Esotico! If you can go through the secret passage to next door to the Kaona Room. It’s even more Tiki. 
https://mytiki.life/tiki-bars/kaona-room

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

15 drinks a day? WOW 😲 Do they have AA Meetings onboard?

That's less than a drink an hour, even if you sleep 8 hours.

At that pace, I'd probably not even get a buzz and go straight from stone cold sober to hangover. 🤪

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No Mystic Pizza with Julia Roberts and Annabeth Gish look-a-likes serving?

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So right now I'm watching a Hallmark movie called Mystic Christmas. It was filmed in Mystic Ct. Thought I'd watch it to see the local locations. So my question is how can these Hallmark movies be so painful to watch and how can my mother like this channel so much?😦

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There was another Hallmark Movie, Love on the Rise,  now on Prime, that was filmed in our area a few years ago. I watched it for the same reason, although I do watch many of their movies even though they are almost all the same.  Have been to most of the places in the movie,  laughed when they walked between 2 places that are about a mile apart, and when they were on the golf course, it was the local driving range, not the course.  The bakery it was filmed at went out of business shortly after the movie was filmed, another covid casualty, sad because they had great pastries.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I’d love to try it but at $500 a bottle I don’t think I’ll ever get my hands on it.

Love Esotico! If you can go through the secret passage to next door to the Kaona Room. It’s even more Tiki. 
https://mytiki.life/tiki-bars/kaona-room

I've been in there before, but probably won't tonight

• Like 1