Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

I have an Android, the rest of the family had iphones, everytime they text me a video or something that ends up blurry on my end, I always joke with them its because of their phone not mine 🤣 

I refuse to get an iphone, not for any particular reason and nothing against the product, I just love Android too much to switch 🙂

I hear that Apple is making some OS changes that are going to make various communications between I-phones and android more compatible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

When we lived in Texas we went with a metal roof. It fit the style of the house.  We also beefed up the insulation and it made a nice difference in the cooling bill.  Here in Florida we went with replacing the shingles since I didn't think metal would look right with the house.  So if it fits the style of house you have I would pick metal.  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I was told that they can be noisier.  I thought the pitter patter of rain on the metal might be nice but then again not so much all night long so I went with shingles.

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That could be a toss up.  Do you have any large trees that could drop limbs on your house?  Our neighbor behind us put in a new storage shed with a metal roof last year, and a large limb fell on it and crushed the ridge cap and a couple panels.  They haven’t done any type of repair on it, and I imagine it would be more difficult than asphalt shingles.  

We had a large limb puncture a hole in the roof of our storage barn.  It was pretty easy to repair, because I had shingles left over from when they replaced our roofs in 2020.  That was the best time to have work done, because everyone wanted the work when they realized it would be longer than 2 weeks to stop the spread. 

Thanks for the input. A Spanish tile type roof would look nice on the house. It is cost prohibitive to do tile which is why I didn't do it when we built it but now they can simulate it with metal.

I had given some thought to the noise issue but it is a "hip" style roof so it's surface is pretty far above the second story ceiling so I don't "think" it would be too big a issue.

I never considered the repair issue. I would definitely have to look into that. Trees could be an problem. I once had a tree damage the roof of my office building and the asphalt roof was pretty easy and inexpensive to fix.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe it has something to do with the 15.  I have a 12 Pro, and have been running iOS 17.1.1 without problems. 

I figure it probably does, but my iPad has the same issue.  Weird. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Might be because you may be shooting in Raw mode instead of JPEG. Look at your camera roll. In the upper corner if it says raw that is the issue because CC does not support Raw format. You can switch your camera in your settings menu or in the camera. There is a button upper right that says Raw. Press it and a line will go through it indicating that it is shooting in JPEG mode.

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks.  I tried that…thinking the photo I previously shot might not post but one I just changed format of would…sigh, no.  I’ll try getting some help from Apple or Rent-A-Teenager tomorrow.  Hope your knee is getting better…and your wife is also doing well.

Greg, you are AMAZING! Helen, this does correct it. When I upgraded to iPhone 15 PM, the phone was set for ProRaw, which I don’t use for photos when I’m just posting online.  Go to Settings on your phone, then Camera, then Formats, scroll down to ProRAW & Resolution Control. Toggle off. Take that photo again, this time the new photo will upload.  You can’t “reassign” a setting to an existing photo, but your new pics should upload now.  🙂

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was the day to print boarding passes for next month’s cruise on Symphony.  Stopped at the bank to pick up some tip money.  

IMG_9346.thumb.jpeg.0d450a35b40e067a6b85291a3e0826c1.jpeg

Think I can get any new, best friend bartenders with this? 😂😂

Are you paying for your cruise in cash? 😄

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Looks to me some 7-8K "tip money"... Seriously ☹️?

LOL, I stopped counting at 5K.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good Lord I was joking.🙄

I was about to make the same joke. Good thing I read ahead as I don't have to suffer the wrath of @Sea Dog😉😇

Just kidding.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry couldn’t tell. The subject is a sore one with me.

30 years ago, people were either Team Apple or Team Windows.  No defections to the other camp were allowed.

Now it's either Team iPhone or Team Android.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vibe said:

Anyone that is an I.T. Professional would not recommend downgrading from iPhone to Android because of the security and privacy vulnerabilities with Android.

Back in the days when I was an I.T. professional, my company issued Blackberry's for corporate use as both Android & iPhone were deemed too vulnerable.   My next company issued me an iPhone as a work phone. Being an Android guy, it was culture shock. It wasn't until I was about to leave that company that Androids became "secure enough" to use as a work phone & I could stop carrying around 2 phones with me wherever I went.  This was during the 2010's decade.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Greg, you are AMAZING! Helen, this does correct it. When I upgraded to iPhone 15 PM, the phone was set for ProRaw, which I don’t use for photos when I’m just posting online.  Go to Settings on your phone, then Camera, then Formats, scroll down to ProRAW & Resolution Control. Toggle off. Take that photo again, this time the new photo will upload.  You can’t “reassign” a setting to an existing photo, but your new pics should upload now.  🙂

The ProRAW control toggle was already off.  When I toggled it on it popped up a Pro Default button.  There you can select JPEG, RAW or RAW Pro max.  I selected JPEG.  When I went to take a trial picture even though I’d just changed the settings it came up with JPEG with a line crossed through it.  I held that icon down and got rid of the line…took two pictures, one before removing the line through JPEG and one after.  Neither photo will post.  Sigh.  Sorry to take up so much of everyone’s time.  I’ll wait for an update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for the input. A Spanish tile type roof would look nice on the house. It is cost prohibitive to do tile which is why I didn't do it when we built it but now they can simulate it with metal.

And if you really want to spend big bucks on a roof, and go green, you can always spring for a Tesla roof.

IMG_6465.thumb.jpeg.cbae5c6c3a40f6e2abb3a3a1f5d366b6.jpeg

My son was actually looking into one of these to replace his roof in California.  I somehow got on Elon’s mailing list for these, after I toured the Tesla plant in Fremont.  For me, it was a hard no.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

The ProRAW control toggle was already off.  When I toggled it on it popped up a Pro Default button.  There you can select JPEG, RAW or RAW Pro max.  I selected JPEG.  When I went to take a trial picture even though I’d just changed the settings it came up with JPEG with a line crossed through it.  I held that icon down and got rid of the line…took two pictures, one before removing the line through JPEG and one after.  Neither photo will post.  Sigh.  Sorry to take up so much of everyone’s time.  I’ll wait for an update.

I am sorry you are having problems. I am running 17.1.1 and have no problems.

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And if you really want to spend big bucks on a roof, and go green, you can always spring for a Tesla roof.

IMG_6465.thumb.jpeg.cbae5c6c3a40f6e2abb3a3a1f5d366b6.jpeg

My son was actually looking into one of these to replace his roof in California.  I somehow got on Elon’s mailing list for these, after I toured the Tesla plant in Fremont.  For me, it was a hard no.

Yeah, hard no describes my reaction as well.🫨 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Aww, don’t worry about taking up people’s time. When I went in to mine, I can select the JPEG Max under ProRAW, but when that is the setting, that is a raw version of JPEG. I couldn’t post then either.  But, when I toggled ProRAW off entirely, it changes it to JPEG, and I can post. 🙂

IMG_0084.png

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

They might have changed it. Go to Camera in Settings and select format. There you can toggle Apple Pro Raw on or off. I would imagine if you turn it on then you will see it if you open up the camera.

Thanks for this.  I've never looked at the setting before.  There were all kinds of interesting little things to play with 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was about to make the same joke. Good thing I read ahead as I don't have to suffer the wrath of @Sea Dog😉😇

Just kidding.

30 years ago, people were either Team Apple or Team Windows.  No defections to the other camp were allowed.

Now it's either Team iPhone or Team Android.

I remember the debates.  I was vociferous  team windows.  I went back with Microsoft to pre windows days.  I think I remember DOS 3.x. 

In 2016 I had a friend convince me to try an iPhone when I upgraded and I've been team apple ever since.  It didn't take long until my tablet became an iPad and my computer became an MacBook Pro.  I don't even consider the alternative anymore.  

It is sort of like the Ford vs Chevy debate that guys who own trucks have. 🙂

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I remember the debates.  I was vociferous  team windows.  I went back with Microsoft to pre windows days.  I think I remember DOS 3.x. 

In 2016 I had a friend convince me to try an iPhone when I upgraded and I've been team apple ever since.  It didn't take long until my tablet became an iPad and my computer became an MacBook Pro.  I don't even consider the alternative anymore.  

It is sort of like the Ford vs Chevy debate that guys who own trucks have. 🙂

I was reading a fiction book a year or so ago , character was a professor he noted everyone in his class had a iPhone he made a mental note to buy apple stock, I bout at 120 it is 189 now too bad I just bought a hundred shares.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Back in the days when I was an I.T. professional, my company issued Blackberry's for corporate use as both Android & iPhone were deemed too vulnerable.   My next company issued me an iPhone as a work phone. Being an Android guy, it was culture shock. It wasn't until I was about to leave that company that Androids became "secure enough" to use as a work phone & I could stop carrying around 2 phones with me wherever I went.  This was during the 2010's decade.

I hated to be on call they use to give us beepers in the 80’s and 90’s and a phone that weighed about 5 pounds . 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, George C said:

I was reading a fiction book a year or so ago , character was a professor he noted everyone in his class had a iPhone he made a mental note to buy apple stock, I bout at 120 it is 189 now too bad I just bought a hundred shares.

I hated to be on call they use to give us beepers in the 80’s and 90’s and a phone that weighed about 5 pounds . 

I remember back in the late 80's and early 90's you only had a pager if you were a doctor, a salesman or a drug dealer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, George C said:

I was just talking to my CIO about this. IBM mainframe memories about receiving a beep and being notified about a job abend. (SB37, S522 etc) There was no such thing as VPN, you had to go on-site to debug (allocate more space, find out why a program timed out, modify JCL, restore, and rerun programs etc)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1