Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We had dinner at Sharon’s last night. Grill flank steak, sweet corn, beans and baked potatoes were on the menu. I will confirm, it was delicious. 

IMG_5909.thumb.jpeg.1de38bd7a31bbacf192063f960d1376d.jpeg

IMG_5914.thumb.jpeg.27bee719293c7aaea4a1224582d6acce.jpeg

Homemade angel food with ice cream was for dessert. 

IMG_5915.thumb.jpeg.8b8572a425fa250cedd9a28505517d50.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 24

I know it’s a common term, but I really dislike the designation of a “no kill” shelter.  That targets the other shelters as “kill” shelters.  I was the Treasurer of the Wilkes County (Georgia) Animal Shelter.  The budget was very tight.  We rescued as many animals as we could, found homes for as many as we could.  Held fundraisers to augment the budget.  Worked with Pet Smart and other states to help place animals.  But in a county where not everyone spays/neuters their animals, the reality is there will always be more animals than our shelter could handle.  We would have loved to be funded to the extent that we could save every animal.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

So sad going to some of these animal shelters, there is just one that is a non kill shelter. Last one we went to we had to pass many large dogs that just stared at us , can’t imagine giving up a pet . We have a friend and neighbor who rescues dogs before they are euthanized to transport them to somewhere it’s safe . 

The Carrollton shelter is pretty new/nice, but we looked and didn’t find our pets there. We found Lucy through Petfinder dot com, she was actually with a local group called Furry Friends Animal Rescue. She had TWO homes before ours, which I can’t even believe that she would have been surrendered twice. She is so sweet.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The Carrollton shelter is pretty new/nice, but we looked and didn’t find our pets there. We found Lucy through Petfinder dot com, she was actually with a local group called Furry Friends Animal Rescue. She had TWO homes before ours, which I can’t even believe that she would have been surrendered twice. She is so sweet.

We visited Carrollton animal shelter yesterday, along with Farmers Branch, Dallas Cat Lady at Petco and Operation kindness, have been on pet finder also. Glad you were able to find a great pet , I feel confident we will get two soon.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, George C said:

So sad going to some of these animal shelters, there is just one that is a non kill shelter. Last one we went to we had to pass many large dogs that just stared at us , can’t imagine giving up a pet . We have a friend and neighbor who rescues dogs before they are euthanized to transport them to somewhere it’s safe . 

It is very sad to visit those places but is such a good feeling when your forever kittie finds you and know you helped at least one animal that day. 

I don't dare take my Husband with me as I know we would be taking everyone home with us.   

They say your pet will find you.    Which is how it happened with our last 2 cats (Sparky and Petey).     I went to the shelter to look at 2 other cats I saw on their website and Sparky (previously known as Cody) walked right over to me and purred and purred and just wanted so much love.    I walked over to another cat and next thing I saw was Sparky laying in the cat carrier I brought with me.     He chose me so be it - I didn't look any further. 

Eva (our black cat about 4 yrs older) was so happy when Sparky came in the door.   They immediately connected. 

A year or so later I returned to the same shelter to look at an orange cat my husband liked on their website and ended up bringing home Petey as he followed me and kept rubbing up against my leg.     

The cat rescue shelter I have gone to does not have them in cages they are all in a large open room with numerous cat trees, lots of toys and beds along with some window seats.  I feel this makes it easier to see their personalities too.  Seeing any animal in a cage is so sad.    

I found the shelter on the local site for petfinder.com   

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I know it’s a common term, but I really dislike the designation of a “no kill” shelter.  That targets the other shelters as “kill” shelters.  I was the Treasurer of the Wilkes County (Georgia) Animal Shelter.  The budget was very tight.  We rescued as many animals as we could, found homes for as many as we could.  Held fundraisers to augment the budget.  Worked with Pet Smart and other states to help place animals.  But in a county where not everyone spays/neuters their animals, the reality is there will always be more animals than our shelter could handle.  We would have loved to be funded to the extent that we could save every animal.  

Thank you for everything you have done to save their lves and place them in (hopefully) their forever homes😍

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Does anyone have advice on reserving dinner in Solarium Bistro on Harmony (Oct)?  I found dinner info for my reservation and hit "reserve" for the bistro but nothing happened.  Because it's no charge, do I have to wait to make reservations once on board? 

I recall being able to book bistro reservations on the App for other ships.  Maybe it was closer to the sail date ??

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I read your post after I typed mine.    Petfinder.com is the site we used for 2 of our 3 cats and just recommended George check it out.   

Beautiful photos, looks like you are having great weather on your cruise!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

So sad,,,I put on my bathing suit, picked out a new book to read today and was heading out the door to my car when I noticed the sky getting dark west of us.    Looked at weather on phone and radar shows showers heading to us by 2 pm.   My girlfriend that invited over to her pool lives about 1/2 hr away.   I called her and she said it just started getting dark at her house too.   

I guess it wasn't meant to be.   😪

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is very sad to visit those places but is such a good feeling when your forever kittie finds you and know you helped at least one animal that day. 

I don't dare take my Husband with me as I know we would be taking everyone home with us.   

They say your pet will find you.    Which is how it happened with our last 2 cats (Sparky and Petey).     I went to the shelter to look at 2 other cats I saw on their website and Sparky (previously known as Cody) walked right over to me and purred and purred and just wanted so much love.    I walked over to another cat and next thing I saw was Sparky laying in the cat carrier I brought with me.     He chose me so be it - I didn't look any further. 

Eva (our black cat about 4 yrs older) was so happy when Sparky came in the door.   They immediately connected. 

A year or so later I returned to the same shelter to look at an orange cat my husband liked on their website and ended up bringing home Petey as he followed me and kept rubbing up against my leg.     

The cat rescue shelter I have gone to does not have them in cages they are all in a large open room with numerous cat trees, lots of toys and beds along with some window seats.  I feel this makes it easier to see their personalities too.  Seeing any animal in a cage is so sad.    

I found the shelter on the local site for petfinder.com   

About 35 years ago we got our first kitten a year later wife said she was lonely and we needed to get adopt another kitten, original cat was furious seeing new kitten and never really liked him although they were together for 16 years. So when we got our next kittens we got two that were already bonded.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, George C said:

About 35 years ago we got our first kitten a year later wife said she was lonely and we needed to get adopt another kitten, original cat was furious seeing new kitten and never really liked him although they were together for 16 years. So when we got our next kittens we got two that were already bonded.

When we got our cats the shelter wouldn't let us get 2 at the same time.  They said the cats bond with each other and not the family if you get more than one at a time.  Daughter picked out the shelter cat that was about 2 years old.  A month later son got a kitten.  The kitten wanted to snuggle with the older one but she preferred people.  Both took to the kids and followed their respective ones around.  They both became ours when the kids went to college competing for mostly my attention.  

• Like 8

Took a little but to find but here is my son with the kitten and the 2 of them years later.  We had put the kitten in the old dog crate for a few days to let the 2 cats get to know each other.  My son said he was lonely so joined him.

20200618_1545422.thumb.jpg.be5b60719461986005b6628fbfd0f19a.jpg

IMAG0039..thumb.jpg.fbe4fd8b2166f14884937ef38ebb9158.jpg

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I recall being able to book bistro reservations on the App for other ships.  Maybe it was closer to the sail date ??

Thanks, Debbie, I'll try again in a few weeks.  I hate the thought of waiting too long and not getting a decent dinner time, if at all.  I was pleased my TA was able to book us early dining in the MDR.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 4

So happy to see Catherine, Princess of Wales, looking her usual regal and beautiful self during her visit to Wimbledon.  What an amazing woman.

Glad it overshadowed Kris Kardashian's ovaries saga.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So happy to see Catherine, Princess of Wales, looking her usual regal and beautiful self during her visit to Wimbledon.  What an amazing woman.

Yes she looks great and their Daughter, Princess Charlotte is adorable too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few photos from our pool area

Don’ know your secret to getting them to bloom so nice every year. Ours always look horrible.  Maybe that’s because I don’t have a clue how to prune them. 

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Don’ know your secret to getting them to bloom so nice every year. Ours always look horrible.  Maybe that’s because I don’t have a clue how to prune them. 

The secret to pruning Hydrangea's is to know what type you have, blooms on new wood or old wood.  You have to find that out, otherwise you might be pruning next years flower buds without realizing it.  

• Like 4