Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Me too.  my tastes range from Tom Jones and Michael Buble to AC/DC and Greenday and just about everything in between.  My secret sin is Abba.  Most people who knew me wouldn't believe it but I had a secret crush on Anni-Frid all through my teen years.

I like Abba a lot. Saw Abbacadabra twice now on the ships and I really like Mamma Mia.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I, also had a day that felt like pre-covid.  Went to garden center and sign said all our employees are fully vaccinated, masks optional.  Majority of center is outdoors except for the joy house and inside store.   

That was supposed to be hot house, not joy house.  I wasnt at that kind of store!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I played in a part time garage band in late '68, '69 and part of '70. Three of us. Between dating, working and oh yeah school (🤢) we would sometimes land a gig playing a few Friday night local high school dances. January '70 was the last time we played at our own high school dance. Apparently the school dance chaperones didn't like our version of the Jimi Hendrix song "Fire" and shut us down.  😇 We were called in the office Monday morning and we were given a stern no more! 

For some reason my high school did not have dances.There were no Proms .I have no idea why.My school did not have a football team either.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

No. Really a pretty simple song to play. But still one of my favorites to play. I don't believe I've ever had a highlight anything in my life. 😁 

That surprises me.I always thought that it was difficult to play that long in a song.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

:classic_biggrin: I am being serious, since I don't know that much about music. I didn't know drumbeats had "notes"? Or is it that the drumbeat is associated with a particular note in the song. I know different drums make different sounds, but do they have notes associated? :classic_smile:

Yes there is standard notation for drums. For Jazz charts the notation may vary from arranger to arranger. Here is a good example of drum sheet music. This is the legendary Steve Gadd playing on Steely Dan's Aja album which includes the notation for his famous drum solo.

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like Abba a lot. Saw Abbacadabra twice now on the ships and I really like Mamma Mia.

Now I can't get "Dancing Queen" out of my head.  Their harmonizing is superb.

Queen was mentioned in here.  What about Journey? Judy Collins, Sara Mclachlan's "Angel" duet with Pink and one with Josh Groban.  Such wonderful music.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Queen was mentioned in here.  What about Journey? Judy Collins, Sara Mclachlan's "Angel" duet with Pink and one with Josh Groban.  Such wonderful music.

I really like Judy Collins. I can't believe she is now 82 yo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess I would have been pretty lonely on the sideline with no players to take care of.😐

We had a great basketball team including a future member of the pro Basketball hall of time,a baseball team ,handball and tennis teams.If you are a basketball fan there was a documentary made about the star of our basketball team that played in theaters ,on PBS and is currently on You Tube.I contributed to the making of the film.It is Undefeated:The Roger Brown story.I have been promoting the film for 10;years.I do not gain anything from people viewing other than an appreciation of a wonderful story.

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I never liked Abba . I saw Judy Collins in concert in 1965 .She was great but so were Grace Slick and Joni Mitchell from that era.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes there is standard notation for drums. For Jazz charts the notation may vary from arranger to arranger. Here is a good example of drum sheet music. This is the legendary Steve Gadd playing on Steely Dan's Aja album which includes the notation for his famous drum solo.

If you are a Steely Dan fan are you familiar with Don Campbell ? He recorded with them years ago.I met Don in Maine in 2013 .He is a great singer/musician and a very nice guy.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I can’t believe no one has mentioned Queen as a favorite band, I say as I sit here watching Bohemian Rhapsody!!

I had never heard of Queen until a 16 year old relative told me about them,

I saw Freddie Mercury for the first time on TV-Live Aid concert.I had actually won tickets for the concert but I had young children and my wife was working nights at the time as an RN.I gave the tickets away to the son of a co-worker.

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My all time favorite --

Nights in White Satin -- The Moody Blues

Love the Moody Blues, saw Justin in a 800 seat arena about 4 years ago.  Since he was selling tickets as Justin and nothing about the Moody Blues, there couldn’t have been 250 people in the show... being a super fan, we were in the front row.  Definitely not a Moody Blues concert, but it was really cool, listening him telling stories and singing and playing guitar.  A great low key evening.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, George C said:

The charter music cruises we take have great original artist but a

so some really good cover bands including Queen.

Anthem had We Will Rock You, plenty of Queen music, kind of a silly plot, but worth seeing if you like Queen.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The problem with Dylan, as with Neil Young, is sometimes he can sing and sometimes he hurts my ears.

Dylan, always hurts the ears and if he ever could sing, he quit doing it before I went to concerts.  Neil can mostly sing, but the problem with a Neil Young concert, is he and Crazy Horse will go into guitar masterbat....

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

🤢

Haven't bothered to look for it...but one CC member months ago coined the phrase "Fecal Tea Bags".  🤪

That was Folgy.... he was from Kamloops BC in Canada, eh.  He died from cancer.  I believe about a decade ago.  Funny guy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Love the Moody Blues, saw Justin in a 800 seat arena about 4 years ago.  Since he was selling tickets as Justin and nothing about the Moody Blues, there couldn’t have been 250 people in the show... being a super fan, we were in the front row.  Definitely not a Moody Blues concert, but it was really cool, listening him telling stories and singing and playing guitar.  A great low key evening.  

Nobody has mentioned Joan Jett.She lives in my area and gives free concerts in the summer The last time I went 3000 people showed up.