Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My first concert was in the late 70's and I was in high school. I was allowed to go to UF to see the Eagles  and unknown at the time, Jimmy Buffett, opened for them. I have been to many concerts since then and Elton John is still my favorite.

Yes, the Eagles. Their album Hotel California has a song on it called The Last Resort. I love that song and my friends in college got to hear it over... and over... and over...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I will probably be thrown off the thread for saying this but, to me, Springsteen always seems like he is over singing everything. I was at the Stone Pony once and there was some rumor that he was going to show up. It didn't happen.

My cousin said Springsteen always sounded like he had a bad stomach ache.😳

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I will probably be thrown off the thread for saying this but, to me, Springsteen always seems like he is over singing everything. I was at the Stone Pony once and there was some rumor that he was going to show up. It didn't happen.

Count me in as another non-fan of Springsteen.  

• Like 6

What about Fleetwood Mac? wasn’t crazy about them back when they were a big thing, but I’ve come to appreciate them more lately.  Loved the book that was loosely based on Stevie Nicks, “Daisy Jones and the Six”.  Heard it’s being made into a movie - hope so. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I saw P, P&M when they came to the Mohegan Sun. I can't remember the year but they sounded great.

I played and sang Paul's The Wedding Song at my med school roommate's wedding.

My wife and I saw P,P&M in 1965 for the first time and many times afterward.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had the same experience at the Stone Pony.We went there expecting to  see him and he never showed.

My first concert was James Taylor in 1979 at Harvard Stadium in the rain.  There were two other acts that opened for him, Joan Armatrading and The Pousett Dart Band.  I just googled for the year and found a picture.  Definitely not me in the picture lol  I was there with my sister and Mom, way up in the seats as I was just a young'un.

James Taylor July 28,1979 -

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My first concert was in the late 70's and I was in high school. I was allowed to go to UF to see the Eagles  and unknown at the time, Jimmy Buffett, opened for them. I have been to many concerts since then and Elton John is still my favorite.

The first real concert I went to was at the Apollo to see James Brown in 1960.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

David Bowie, sometime in the early 90s.  Best concert ever.  

Surprisingly, for me at least because it wasn't really in my wheelhouse at the time, but Rod Stewart in 1990 was an amazing concert.  Amazing performance.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, the Eagles. Their album Hotel California has a song on it called The Last Resort. I love that song and my friends in college got to hear it over... and over... and over...

I have a Best Of Eagles CD but aside from Hotel California I was never really into them.

• Like 1

Another great show from days gone by was B.B. King during Expo 86 in Vancouver.  It was amazing because it was a small venue on the Expo site called 86th Street.  Basically night club style where a lot of local acts performed during Expo.  To see B.B. King in that intimate of an environment was memorable.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We saw Elvis, Bobby Darin, The Righteous Brothers and so many more in Vegas in the 70’s.

I never cared for Elvis Presley  and Bobby Darin.The only Righteous Brothers song I liked was Unchained Melody.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

What about Fleetwood Mac? wasn’t crazy about them back when they were a big thing, but I’ve come to appreciate them more lately.  Loved the book that was loosely based on Stevie Nicks, “Daisy Jones and the Six”.  Heard it’s being made into a movie - hope so. 

I love Fleetwood Mac .Stevie Nicks in my opinion has a great voice.

• Like 1

Ok anyone ever walk out on a concert ? I walked out on Procol Harem in Fillmore East, opening acts were great including the Byrds this was 1969 right after I finished basic training. Fairly recently we walked out on Diana Ross she kept audience waiting for about a hour then sounded terrible, this was a charity event in Dallas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

Ok anyone ever walk out on a concert ? I walked out on Procol Harem in Fillmore East, opening acts were great including the Byrds this was 1969 right after I finished basic training. Fairly recently we walked out on Diana Ross she kept audience waiting for about a hour then sounded terrible, this was a charity event in Dallas.

We left a Johnny Mathis concert because he was putting us to sleep.  One ballad after another but no lively change ups.  Dionne Warwick was a little odd also so we left that show.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Surprisingly, for me at least because it wasn't really in my wheelhouse at the time, but Rod Stewart in 1990 was an amazing concert.  Amazing performance.

In the late 90’s one of my daughters was living in England.She went into a club and saw Rod Stewart.She asked for an autograph and he looked at her and said F... Off.Mick Jagger was there heard what he said to her and invited her to take a picture with him and gave her two signed autographs.The picture of her and Jagger was in her bedroom for many years.We all stopped buying Rod Stewart albums.

• Like 2