Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just heard some sad news B J Thomas just passed away, he was on our rock and romance cruise two years ago and was scheduled to be on it again in February, very friendly guy talked to everyone, posed with pictures and told great stories about his career.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like the beach is crowded.  Is Israel fully out of lockdown now? 

YES, we are.

Beach going is very popular here. Free of charge. Days longer now, people going after work just to see beautiful sunsets.

A semblance of return to normalcy.... let's see if it's for keeps....

• Like 10

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I learned watching my mom, nothing was measured.  A little of this, a little of that!  I am teaching my 12 year old granddaughter how to make sauce and meatballs.  I told her just keep adding stuff until it smells right.  She knows exactly how the meatballs should smell before we cook them.

That's pretty much how I cook. I use sight and feel when I add ingredients. My Italian tomato sauce is made from scratch and I cook it and simmer for at least 6 hours. I actually cook my meatballs in the sauce. Little bits of meat will come off and the make the sauce thicker. I also add sugar to make the sauce sweet. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes, been there a few times & loved it. 
Did you ever go to Peddlers in the fall when they sold fresh cider?  The shop ran that stand; DD & SIL would work there on weekends.  His family sold the shop a few years ago. 

YES, I have definitely been there and enjoyed many fresh ciders over the years.   

Probably good they sold the shop a few years ago.     I feel bad for all the shop owners that had to shut down during the lock down. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, George C said:

Just heard some sad news B J Thomas just passed away, he was on our rock and romance cruise two years ago and was scheduled to be on it again in February, very friendly guy talked to everyone, posed with pictures and told great stories about his career.

That's sad to hear, may he RIP.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, George C said:

Love Siamese cats , we had one and when we got our current cats 14 years ago we were told they were Siamese but i doubt it, one is definitely a ragdoll.

According to the Siamese's mom, the pure breed are cross-eyed....

For the last 20 years, she had only Siameses. Then, one day, her hubby left her for another woman (not younger, just "different") and wanted the Siamese....

In the end, the "different" couldn't be bothered with the Siamese, but meantime my friend adopted the grey one, so now she has two....

I'm the honorary mom 😁

42 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Looks like your cats had a busy day ordering "stuff" on the internet - it can be exhausting - just wait for the bills!!!!!

No worries, see above 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, George C said:

I heard that also. I liked his music.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Oh no, I can’t take all these deaths.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's pretty much how I cook. I use sight and feel when I add ingredients. My Italian tomato sauce is made from scratch and I cook it and simmer for at least 6 hours. I actually cook my meatballs in the sauce. Little bits of meat will come off and the make the sauce thicker. I also add sugar to make the sauce sweet. 

Learned the sugar trick years ago.  The longer that sauce cooks the better.  Do you call it gravy, that’s what we always called it?  Got grief from non-Italian friends but who cares!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks for posting. Way to young. "Hooked On A Feeling"...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's amazing.

It was amazing .We tried many experiments in the lab.Another one was to put an object from our pocket like a pen or a key into a large bag.The Professor would shake the bag and ask each person to reach in and take something out ,concentrate on the object and attempt to guess who it belonged to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I can get my wife to move out of the bed in the middle of the night while I am still sleeping. She calls it snoring. Strange because I never hear a thing!!!!!

I have that same power and I also do not know that I snore.I think it is a guy thing.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Learned the sugar trick years ago.  The longer that sauce cooks the better.  Do you call it gravy, that’s what we always called it?  Got grief from non-Italian friends but who cares!

I add sugar when sautéing the garlic and onions. Laura didn’t like ot, but she came around. Also add a little sugar when boiling corn on the cob.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My first cruise was to Bermuda in 1987 on the old Home Lines, the Atlantic, out of Manhattan. Docked right on Front St in Hamilton for 3 days. Loved it. 

My first cruise to Bermuda was on a Cunard ship in 1973 .We docked on Front St and also spent 3 days there.I loved and still love Bermuda.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We have been to that restaurant a few times and liked it ( I am not fussy about food so never ask my food opinion! Something has to be REALLY bad if I say it is bad 😁LOL!). I always like to sit canal side. Then we walk along the bridge to PA and back. We have also been to a couple others on the PA and NJ side. We enjoy food, even Royal Caribbean's rubber pizza and Olive Garden!!!!!😁honest!
Enjoy yourselves!

The best thing about NJ other than the cruise port is the Einstein store in Princeton.They sell tee shirts with great sayings by a guy named Einstein that I love wearing on cruises.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Do you call it gravy,

Yep, "Sunday Gravy" My wife side of the family is mostly Italian. That's where I got most of my recipes. Let it simmer all day makes for a great sauce. It also freezes really well too.

• Like 2