Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are just lying down relaxing

It is nice to see y’all out enjoying life everyday.  It is like a never ending vacation.  It looks like you live in a nice location.  I like the tent idea.

• Thanks 1

Merion_Mom

On a much smaller level if we become Diamond on the first week of a B2B will we be able to have Diamond status on the second week?

Generally, it is easy to manage this.  On the first cruise, have a chat with the Loyalty Ambassador.  S/he can expedite the switch.

Pls. see above in red @Merion_Mom 's reply to your "conundrum". She's much more experienced than me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It is nice to see y’all out enjoying life everyday.  It is like a never ending vacation.  It looks like you live in a nice location.  I like the tent idea.

Thanks.

Pauline works Monday and Tuesday only.

It is lovely here.

I'm pleased to hear you are a lot better today.

Graham.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Crispy Brussels sprouts are like candy.  I sometimes add a little balsamic with the olive oil, salt & pepper. 

Try radishes some time. They are really good and surprisingly, don’t taste like you’d expect. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am feeling good.  Not 100% yet but moving closer.  No concerns.  Thanks for asking.  Btw,  as soon as I got up I drank some water! 😂   The Grandson is doing better too!

Happy to hear everyone is feeling better and drinking water.   😍    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Try radishes some time. They are really good and surprisingly, don’t taste like you’d expect. 

I love radishes.     We have grown them in the past, didn't this year.   I always sliced my radishes and put in salads or would simply grab and eat.  never cooked them, will have to try that.

38 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

FYI.  Serenade has arrived in Juneau.

Shame no one is doing a live review.   Hopefully the next sailing.   I would love to see some photos and hear all about their trip.    We were scheduled for a Alaska cruise this past June and was very sad it was cancelled.          

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

One of my Grandsons is about to be on PBS Arkansas.  He won a writing contest.  They are supposed to animate the story he wrote.  The Great Team vs Robo.

That is awesome.    I hope you are recording the show.      How fun for him to see his book animated.   

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I've been following, on and off, the opening ceremony of the Olympics [boy, truly amazing, but loooong].

So saddened to see the Olympic stadium empty.... 

No viewers/spectators/public.

Nasty virus 😢

I think the 1800 drones forming the earth though stole the show above the stadium in the dark night with all the lights on the drones. Amazing on how they can do that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I've been following, on and off, the opening ceremony of the Olympics [boy, truly amazing, but loooong].

So saddened to see the Olympic stadium empty.... 

No viewers/spectators/public.

Nasty virus 😢

yes, very sad and strange to see an empty stadium.      

is there any particular athlete that you will be rooting for?

I used to love watching Michael Phelps swim and I like to see Simone Biles, Gymnanist, but I also like to see the newbies win

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Shame no one is doing a live review.   Hopefully the next sailing.   I would love to see some photos and hear all about their trip.    We were scheduled for a Alaska cruise this past June and was very sad it was cancelled.          

@harryfat1 sent me this link, don't know if it works 😟

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love radishes.     We have grown them in the past, didn't this year.   I always sliced my radishes and put in salads or would simply grab and eat.  never cooked them, will have to try that.

I love radishes too. The only problem is when I grow them I can’t find enough people to eat them.  Last year I grew a type called Breakfast Radishes. We have a Mexican food truck that slices them up and serves them with tacos. They taste good with steak tacos.  We can still grow them. It only takes about 30 days to mature.

@jagsfan I have never thought of including the radishes.  I need to try.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think the 1800 drones forming the earth though stole the show above the stadium in the dark night with all the lights on the drones. Amazing on how they can do that.

I missed it.  I will see if there is a replay later.  It has been awhile since I have seen a drone show like that but remember it was a big wow factor.

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, it works - thank you!   He always writes nice articles.   Serenade is one of our favorite ships.    Love the size and the atmosphere and always feel at home as soon as we walk on her.    I cannot imagine what it feels like with only 630 passengers.   I think we would love it but at the same time miss having all the people to watch and meet. 

• Like 1

SUCCESS. 

Yup. Been an interesting day. 
So. The newest adventure for us is. 

DRUM ROLL 

After dealing with township and county representatives, and numerous re do’s of blue prints. Today we were finally approved for our construction of a new Un attached garage. 

Now mind you. The DH. Thought of everything. And left no option out, you know, might be needed in the future. 

We live in a development on 2 1/2 acres. 
We conquered or should I say we modified the development rules after other owners who live on our street did not follow. Just had to make sure they could not come back and penalize us. 

Some of the  township trustees not all should have looked into there past with skeletons in their closets before they ran for public office. But we won’t go there. Let’s just say they quickly approved the revised  blue prints, I think just to get rid of me. 

Onto the county. To get in to zoning office I had to first meet with a sherif deputy to state my intentions, go through medical detector and X-ray screening of my purse.  I felt safe and secure there. They obviously missed my can of mace on my key ring and those scissors. Well.  I was safe. 

Then into zoning office 

That man was awesome.  Quickly printed my permit and out the door. 

Now to the garage. 

1120 square functional space 

concrete base. 
It is a lofted 1 1/2 levels 

1 double and single garage doors

Side people door

Back golf cart door. ( DH snuck that by me, we      do not own a golf cart ). 
But he says we can ride lawn mower and snow blower in. 

Work bench 

Room  for 5 of those big red tool chests 

Sink

Sitting area

mini fridge 

comfy chairs tables

sattelite hookup ???? 
He’ s gonna freeze his **** off in winter only portable heaters 

Um sounds like a man cave in the making.

I personally knew we needed some more storage and didn’t think our current 5 car Garage was too small. But. I guess I cannot complain. 
The DH ALWAYS lets me get what I want so it is his turn.  

Below is a picture of our wooded lot. 
Yup those trees were downed over a year ago. Now they will be moved for the new addition. 

Then the building will begin. 

We picked our start date end of August. 

74AC2B1D-1AFA-45ED-98BE-DE8A8D7D5E6E.jpeg

• Like 12

Addendum. 

Yup he deserves it I told him to consider it my 30th anniversary gift to him. 

Then out of the blue he goes. This year not only is it our 30th anniversary, but also I want to get you something you wants  since it is a milestone birthday for you. . So let me know so I don’t end up in the dog house ( or  garage ) for all that matters. 

I go I will think about it. 
So it only took 30 seconds for the text to get to his phone of what I would like. He barely was out of the room when his phone chimed.  

Bangle bracelet with a few diamonds. 

859AC3DF-E5B1-4631-AC9D-D086D582DBC8.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 1