Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

Today Travel Agent received full rebate for our 4 April  Marina cruise from Buenos Aires to Lisbon.  Much better service from Oceania than Celebrity who are still returning refunds in dribs and drabs.

Success at last! 

Cruise May 5th 

Cancelled at our request 10 March

Deposit and final balance received in full on two Credit cards today. Many thanks due to our TA who was unremitting in her chasing up the payment, thanks Jane! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jo-b said:

Success at last! 

Cruise May 5th 

Deposit and final balance received in full on two Credit cards today. Many thanks due to our TA who was unremitting in her chasing up the payment, thanks Jane! 

Well done, Jo 🙂

We’re still waiting 😕

5 hours ago, jo-b said:

Success at last! 

Cruise May 5th 

Did O cancel the cruise before you did?

33 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Did O cancel the cruise before you did?

No it was due to sail from Venice with a couple of other Italian ports, on 9 March they amended the itinerary to Greek ports and we cancelled and asked for a full refund as this was a significant change under UK ABTA rules. They weren’t happy but did agree.  

1 hour ago, Glenndale said:

Well done, Jo 🙂

We’re still waiting 😕

So would we be other than for our TA she spent literally hours one day hanging on whilst they found a director to take her call and clear whatever logjam it was stuck in. Good luck with yours. 

Got refund onJune 3 for May 25 cruise paid in full.  Oceania canceled on April 24.  We had until May 8 to decide on FCC or refund ... took the FCC.  The refund is for the taxes and fees.  40 days from date of cancelation for the refund to post to my Visa.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:58 AM, jo-b said:

No it was due to sail from Venice with a couple of other Italian ports, on 9 March they amended the itinerary to Greek ports and we cancelled and asked for a full refund as this was a significant change under UK ABTA rules. They weren’t happy but did agree.  

In this case being from UK with ABTA worked in your advantage. Happy for you.

US customers would only get FCC in your situation.

April 1 cruise

Cancelled by Oceania on March 13

Full refund requested by us on March 14 & Cruise Cancelled Confirmation received on March 15.

Still waiting for the final piece of our refund (about $725).

I will contact our TA on Monday since she kept quoting the "up to 90 days" whenever I asked her to find the status of our refund. 

Today makes 90 days for us.

15 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

In this case being from UK with ABTA worked in your advantage. Happy for you.

US customers would only get FCC in your situation.

That is what we were offered. TA refused in our behalf and requested a refund. The cruise was of course later cancelled. 

Good news.  We have finally received our deposit refund from our TA.  Trouble is, we now have two credits on our credit card: one from the TA and one from our card dispute.  You couldn't make it up!  So we now have to sort that out.

5 hours ago, Medeba said:

Good news.  We have finally received our deposit refund from our TA.  Trouble is, we now have two credits on our credit card: one from the TA and one from our card dispute.  You couldn't make it up!  So we now have to sort that out.

The credit from your card is temporary.

Call the credit card and tell them you received the amount disputed from your TA and the CC will remove their temporary credit.

As simple as that.

33 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

The credit from your card is temporary.

Call the credit card and tell them you received the amount disputed from your TA and the CC will remove their temporary credit.

As simple as that.

Paulchili. You were right! All sorted. Thank you.

That’s good news Medeba, excellent.

Last  week we were successful in pushing back our LA to LA cruise to next September by transferring this year’s deposit and avoiding paying the final payment.  Still waiting on an Azamara refund from a cruise cancelled by them mid March and so likely to activate Section 75 myself.
Let’s hope for many more successful outcomes this week.

Regards

• Like 2

Today I received my refund from Oceania as well as our friends who we were traveling with us.  Here are the details of our cruise cancellation:

Ship - Riviera

Sail date - May 26, 2020

Oceania cancelled this cruise on April 24, 2020

We requested a FULL REFUND through our TA April 24, 2020

Cruise was paid in full February, 2020.

Full Refund arrived to our credit cards (I used multiple cards) June 15, 2020 - 52 days from cancellation date.

We live in the U.S.

Hope you all receive yours soon!

We finally received the last piece of our refund this morning.

Ship - Sirena

Sail date - April 1, 2020

Oceania cancelled this cruise on March 13, 2020

We requested a full refund through our TA March 14, 2020

Cruise was paid in full December, 2019.

The final 2 pieces of the refund (it ended up being refunded in 4 pieces total) arrived in our credit card account this morning, 93 days after receiving the cruise cancelled confirmation from Oceania.

It would have been nice if O had paid out refunds on a first in first out basis.

• Like 1

Our June 4-18, 2020, Alaska cruise on Regatta was cancelled by Oceania on April 24.  We requested refund the same day through our TA.  Refund appeared in credit card account today, June 17, in three pieces:  original deposit, final payment, and residual payment for shore excursion.

Edited by redraider1966
identifying cruise ship

On 6/8/2020 at 6:05 AM, roger b said:

I also booked with Six Star Cruises and was in your position , as I have posted before open a dispute with your credit card company money was back in my credit card account as soon as I showed that they wanted 90 days to refund, I also told S.S what I was doing  !!

Hi

I have been told by Oceania that they refunded Six Star Cruises on 8th June. Our TA has confirmed that they have the money but apparently it comes in a lump sum with a spreadsheet and they have to work out who is owed what. I am not sure how long this will take but we haven't received anything yet!

On 6/14/2020 at 12:50 AM, LJRVancouver said:

Full refund for May 25th cruise cancelled April 24th posted to my Amex card today. 😀 Booked by TA and glad she will still receive her commissions. Happy day.

do TA's still receive commissions if we get refunded? I hoped they would but was not sure. I wonder if it is different in different countries? Did not want to raise with my TA