Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

Posted on Roll Call- received remaining monies owed for March 31,2020 Miami to Rome thru AMEX today. 80+ days but satisfied. Now if tour operators in Rome and Vatican were as cooperative. And for my table of eight-Jancruz, FF, Paulchili, Petoonya, and Zesty Italian.

Safe travels.

3 hours ago, Nonregdaduck said:

Posted on Roll Call- received remaining monies owed for March 31,2020 Miami to Rome thru AMEX today. 80+ days but satisfied. Now if tour operators in Rome and Vatican were as cooperative. And for my table of eight-Jancruz, FF, Paulchili, Petoonya, and Zesty Italian.

Safe travels.

Finally received the remaining refund on Mar. 31, 2020 also!  We had gotten 2 refunds within about 2 weeks of them cancelling Mar. 16.  Nothing since, but were told it could be 90 days.  It was just short of that.  Oddly, one check was $198 with another much larger.  So it took 4 refunds, but we got it all back.  Also, got Aer Lingus flight and AA so only disappointment was United.  

Nonregdaduck, I'm not sure what the table of eight reference is?  Sorry, I looked back several pages as I haven't read in awhile, but couldn't find it.  Glad you and a few others have posted refunds received.  Some good new these days is certainly worth hearing!!

Edited by Zesty Italian
misspelled name

6 minutes ago, Zesty Italian said:

.....I'm not sure what the table of eight reference is?  Sorry, I looked back several pages as I haven't read in awhile, but couldn't find it. 

That was my original post reminding folks that the new normal would probably exclude tables of eight. And I asked: Who from CC posters do you find interesting enough to have at your final table for eight (no significant others).

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

That was my original post reminding folks that the new normal would probably exclude tables of eight. And I asked: Who from CC posters do you find interesting enough to have at your final table for eight (no significant others).

Oh my, and Nonregdaduck was putting us at the same table?  It could be interesting now that I know you are Sicilian.  I can't believe you were holding out on "Vinnie" from us all this time!!

58 minutes ago, Zesty Italian said:

Oh my, and Nonregdaduck was putting us at the same table?  It could be interesting now that I know you are Sicilian.  I can't believe you were holding out on "Vinnie" from us all this time!!

i miei genitori sono di Messina.

Vinnie? I really wouldn't bother him unless I needed the house painted. 👀😳😎

So, who would be at your table? 

6 hours ago, Nonregdaduck said:

Safe travels.

I'm honored Nonregdaduck 😃

And congratulations on your refund riches.

58 minutes ago, Zesty Italian said:

Never mind FF.  Found it.  You didn't get many actual answers.

No, like so many posts, it was hijacked early and often. With several months of reading to while away the time waiting on a refund, one can glean quite a bit from the various posts. (BTW FF- KEEP LEADING THE CHEERS FOR O) i have seen first hand how human nature responds in an unfamiliar situation. We have an office staff of 8. Of which, 2 have not missed a day of work since March, 4 have SOME evidence that they have been working from home, and 2 have been MIA. All of us have been paid our salaries, thanks to PPP.

12 hours ago, Nonregdaduck said:

And for my table of eight-Jancruz, FF, Paulchili, Petoonya, and Zesty Italian.

Thank you - an honor to be picked despite your few posts here.

Perhaps you have been reading more than posting?

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Thank you - an honor to be picked despite your few posts here.

Perhaps you have been reading more than posting?

Who said, "it is better to be quiet and thought......than to speak and remove all doubt. " I TRY to adhere to that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Sounds like a great table with intelligence, knowledge and positivity!

Not sure I fit in there.  I only invited FF to my table to be polite as he started this.  (We wouldn't make it to appetizers).  I wanted to take you and hear about chocolate 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2020 at 10:43 PM, Medeba said:

What I forgot to say was that I got an automated email from my TA saying that it could take 14 days to get a reply!  If I don't hear anything in a couple of days, I think a phone call will be in order.  And yes, Glenndale, after many years of my business and recommending them to friends, I think I may well be looking for another agent (if we ever decide to cruise again).

Hi

I have reading through this thread as we are on day 86 waiting for a refund from Oceania with no sign of any payment at all. I am just wondering whether Oceania has refunded to our TA who may be holding on to it. As you are also in the UK can I ask who you used? Just because on our roll call there are another couple who also booked through Six Star Cruises who haven't received a penny yet either and I am wondering if this is the same in your case?

Thanks

6 hours ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

Hi

I have reading through this thread as we are on day 86 waiting for a refund from Oceania with no sign of any payment at all. I am just wondering whether Oceania has refunded to our TA who may be holding on to it. As you are also in the UK can I ask who you used? Just because on our roll call there are another couple who also booked through Six Star Cruises who haven't received a penny yet either and I am wondering if this is the same in your case?

Thanks

I also booked with Six Star Cruises and was in your position , as I have posted before open a dispute with your credit card company money was back in my credit card account as soon as I showed that they wanted 90 days to refund, I also told S.S what I was doing  !!

9 hours ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

Hi

Thanks

Hi Holidayreader.

I would take Roger b's advice and open a dispute with your CC company (assuming you paid by credit card).  In the meantime, you could do what I did and email Oceania UK at 'AdminUK at Oceaniacruises dot com' quoting your booking reference with them and asking how your refund is progressing.  They took about 2 working days to reply.  I'm assuming that you are having trouble getting through to your TA so I think this is the best way forward.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

We booked thru the Eskimo house and we have had zero information from them.

We are now within a week of the 90 days limit that O had previously referred to.

I have emailed O again today to try and discover when we will be refunded and am now seriously considering either going for a chargeback on our CC or a section 75.

Which route have you all decided to take?

Sharon, I'm assuming you were only waiting for a return of deposit? whereas Medeba and myself had paid in full for our holidays.

Roger B and Holidayreader are you waiting for a deposit or a return of your total holiday payments?

2 hours ago, Glenndale said:

We booked thru the Eskimo house and we have had zero information from them.

We are now within a week of the 90 days limit that O had previously referred to.

I have emailed O again today to try and discover when we will be refunded and am now seriously considering either going for a chargeback on our CC or a section 75.

Which route have you all decided to take?

Sharon, I'm assuming you were only waiting for a return of deposit? whereas Medeba and myself had paid in full for our holidays.

Roger B and Holidayreader are you waiting for a deposit or a return of your total holiday payments?

We are waiting for the whole of our payment back! Our cruise concierge has rung Oceania for further information and I can share what we were told. Our cruise was due to start on April 6th and was cancelled by Oceania on 13th March, though we didn't find out directly from them, we haven't had any communication from Oceania, and we began the process for a refund straight away. We have been told that Oceania are doing the cruises in groups and for their purposes they consider our cancellation to be 31st March and so 90 days start from then! Consequently although we are now 87 days since the cruise was cancelled we then have to add another 18 days to that! It may then take at least another two weeks to process. All this does not seem to explain why people who cancelled the cruise themselves or are in a different country (mostly USA on our roll call) have been receiving stage payments from the beginning and now mostly seem to be reimbursed in full. We were told by other cruisers who booked through ROL that they had been reimbursed at the beginning of May but that must be down to ROL themselves as apparently Oceania are saying that they haven't paid ROL. Good for ROL if so!