Grandeur OTS - Lodging in Baltimore

We stayed at Brookshire Suites on Lombard.  It is literally only about a block from the inner harbor and we very affordable.   In included free breakfast and the room was clean and very comfortable.  We would definitely stay here again.

Erika

the cruise terminal and  Baltimore(Inner harbor) are not in close proximity.  so what exactly do you want?  you can stay by the airport fairly reasonably and  get to the Pier without much fuss.  Inner Harbor will cost more, but is walkable to  a butt ton of entertainment and food options( including the Aquarium)  Outlying areas such as Pasadena are about 20 minutes from the Pier,  but will have reasonable  prices on accommodations.  

not sure if you didn't have a budge but ive stayed at the intercontinental (now the royal sonesta) and the four seasons both and were awesome..  the four seasons is way out there and not close to the ships at all..  hopefully its not the same bed from years ago lol but my wife and i say that was the most comfortable bed we've ever stayed in at the intercontinental. 

18 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Is your goal just to have a place to sleep and go to the cruise? Or do you want to visit Baltimore?

Looking for a place to spend the night.  Would like to have a few options to eat at but not opposed to eating in the hotel restaurant if there is one.  Arriving around 3:30 in the afternoon and cruising the next day. 

Also looking for hotel shuttle to the cruise port. 

You won't find a free hotel shuttle to the cruise port, but an Uber will be easy and cheap.

I'd suggest Courtyard by Marriott Downtown/Inner Harbor.  It's in a nice area, very walkable, with nice shops and lots of food options.

The Pendry is delightful for a splurge!

Some of the airport hotels will take you to the cruise port. You would have to call and ask them if they will do this.

Are you flying or driving?

If driving, there are a couple of stay and park hotels.  You stay over night, they shuttle you to/from the port, and allow you to park for the duration of your cruise.

We drive to Baltimore for GotS cruises and always stay at the Best Western Plus on O'Donnel for the Park & Cruise .  The shuttle to and from the port is done by KD Elite and they have always been prompt.  The cost of the hotel night and the rt shuttle is usually less than the cost of parking at the port.

My husband and I have stayed at The Best Western Hotel and Conference Center quite a few times. You can

leave your car there and they provide a shuttle to and from the pier. They provide breakfast and the price is reasonable.

Never had any issues.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:48 AM, bgoff60 said:

Looking for a place to spend the night.  Would like to have a few options to eat at but not opposed to eating in the hotel restaurant if there is one.  Arriving around 3:30 in the afternoon and cruising the next day. 

Also looking for hotel shuttle to the cruise port. 

BEST WESTERN PLUS BALTIMORE CRUISEPORT
5625 O Donnell Street, Baltimore, MD, 21224

On 4/3/2020 at 8:50 AM, Tony O said:

There is a new  Courtyard by Mariott at McHenry Row. This is about a 5 minute walk to the cruise terminal. Its located in the Locust Point area of Baltimore 

We stayed there. it is a nice place. Clean and new. No free breakfast as at the Best Westerns. Items to order were on the expensive side. Parking garage was across the street. Do not remember what they charge, I saw it some where. We were not charged for it. Don't know why.

There no possible way to walk to the port unless you are up to walking through traffic crossing and jumping the hurdles on I 95 and perhaps a chain link fence with barbed wire.

Other than that we have stayed at the Marriott Waterfront...liked the area a lot.

And Best Western Elkridge.....hotel was decent, nice breakfast. Clean rooms. Free parking on site. Shuttle to and from the port and airport.

Also stayed at the Embassy Suites Airport. It was fine.

Edited by Arzeena

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

BEST WESTERN PLUS BALTIMORE CRUISEPORT
5625 O Donnell Street, Baltimore, MD, 21224

I highly recommend this best western.  My Dh and I travel to baltimore for work leisure and cruising on a regular basis and have stayed at this hotel many times.  They have free shuttle to cruise terminal  free shuttle to inner harbor  free parking for your entire cruise.  Send shuttle bus to pick you up after disembarkment.   Free breakfast is decent too.  Very reasonable prices too.

We have stayed at many hotels inner harbor and always like hiltons Pier 5  there is a ruth chris steakhouse and mccormick schmidts attached to hotel.  Rooms right on harbor with great views. Free breakfast and happy hour every night.    Great location to visit everything in harbor and water taxi right there too.

Love baltimore!  Love crabs too!

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We stayed there. it is a nice place. Clean and new. No free breakfast as at the Best Westerns. Items to order were on the expensive side. Parking garage was across the street. Do not remember what they charge, I saw it some where. We were not charged for it. Don't know why.

There no possible way to walk to the port unless you are up to walking through traffic crossing and jumping the hurdles on I 95 and perhaps a chain link fence with barbed wire.

Other than that we have stayed at the Marriott Waterfront...liked the area a lot.

And Best Western Elkridge.....hotel was decent, nice breakfast. Clean rooms. Free parking on site. Shuttle to and from the port and airport.

Also stayed at the Embassy Suites Airport. It was fine.

Are we talking about the same hotel ? You can walk the sidewalk from the hotel along Key Highway and  cross the street at the intersection which has a traffic signal. There are no chan link feces or running across 95 as walk under 95 to get there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The best place to ask this non-RCCL related question is the East Coast Departures board.

Cruise Critic is looking for a new moderator.

Write to LauraS at community@cruisecritic.com