my June 26 Baltic cruise has disappeared from my account

susiesan

I went online to manage my reservation for an upcoming June 26 Baltic cruise on Marina that has not been cancelled by me yet. My reservation is gone. My account shows no bookings.

I have received no email from Oceania or my TA nor have I received my $1500 deposit back. 

Did Oceania just cancel all the June cruises without telling anyone?

1 minute ago, susiesan said:

I went online to manage my reservation for an upcoming June 26 Baltic cruise on Marina that has not been cancelled by me yet. My reservation is gone. My account shows no bookings.

I have received no email from Oceania or my TA nor have I received my $1500 deposit back. 

Did Oceania just cancel all the June cruises without telling anyone?

On weekends, most usually Saturday nights, Oceania does web maintenance which locks out everyone's booked cruises for however long the IT work takes. There's often a bunch of similar posts (I.e., missing bookings) on CC on weekends.

Given the entire Covid-19 situation, it may be that the process is taking longer than usual.

• Like 1

I was hoping O had gone ahead and cancelled all the June sailings as we all know they won't be happening, especially in Europe. I am all set to re book thee same cruise for August 29 2021 as soon as I get my deposit back without the $500 admin fee being applied. I have to give O a new credit card for the new deposit since they will not transfer it to another booking without charging me $500 to move the deposit. Seems like a lot of extra work for them but if that's how they want to play the game it is fine with me.

9 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

On weekends, most usually Saturday nights, Oceania does web maintenance which locks out everyone's booked cruises for however long the IT work takes. There's often a bunch of similar posts (I.e., missing bookings) on CC on weekends.

Given the entire Covid-19 situation, it may be that the process is taking longer than usual.

I agree with you but........ all my future cruises (May & Nov/Dec) are still there?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I agree with you but........ all my future cruises (May & Nov/Dec) are still there?

Since many folks don't provide complete info, it's often hard to do a comparison. Perhaps Susiesan found the cruise missing last night (she didn't identify when she "went online"). And then her next post didn't identify if she had checked again just now (and what she found).

And then, there's the issue if she had or had not closed completely out of her browser and/or cleared cookies so that she is now looking at the account right now.

It's the same with the refunds discussion: many posters are asking for answers to questions for which they've posted incomplete and/or incorrect info.

OK.

I just went into my account (1:00 pm Pacific) and our three future cruises including one this November are all there.

FWIW, our May 2020 cruise, which was cancelled by Oceania in late February, has been gone since we received the Oceania notice via our TA.

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

looks like May June  are all waitlisted

Getting ready for the next round of cancellation ?

I am sure that May will be cancelled and June as well, most likely.

There is little appetite for people to get aboard a ship at the moment

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I am sure that May will be cancelled and June as well, most likely.

There is little appetite for people to get aboard a ship at the moment

I agree

As long as people are allowed to wander around freely  & fly cross country  this virus will never end

Hey, Susiesan -

I was scheduled for an Alaskan cruise, beginning 2 May, which was recently cancelled.  However, I noticed that, once their cruises were cancelled in mid-March, all categories of all cruises from mid-April through the end of May switched to "Wait List". 

The presumptive take-away was that they wouldn't accept new reservations since the cruises would be cancelled, but they didn't want to officially cancel at that time.  After they announced the cancellation, the cruise just disappeared from "My Reservations".  (To date, I have not been notified by Oceania or my TA that my cruise has been cancelled.)

I did a random sample of their cruises between now and the end of June and each showed all categories as "Wait List".  Beginning in July, it shows the actual status.  Were I you, I wouldn't plan on that Northern European cruise setting sail.

(BTW and FWIW, I got my Alaskan cruise doc's were delivered on Saturday!)

Edited by Cliff-FLL
Typo/Clarity

The June 26 Baltic has been showing wait listed for a few weeks now. It has been showing in my account as a booked cruise until today, with a final payment date of April 12. I was going to go ahead and cancel this week and then Re book the same cruise for August 29, 2021. Now I don't know what is going on. I talked to my TA today and she has no idea either. O is closed over the weekends now and she won't  be back until Tuesday.  So I will wait a few days to se what is up. In the meantime I started cancelling related reservations: 2 nights at Copenhagen Marriott booked with points and 2 nights Scandic in Stockholm. I will wait a few weeks to cacel the flights which h were booked with UA miles, likely United will cancel before I do. The points can be redeposited.

59 minutes ago, susiesan said:

The June 26 Baltic has been showing wait listed for a few weeks now. It has been showing in my account as a booked cruise until today, with a final payment date of April 12.

Final payment are due 90 days out why is yours different?

Could explain t why your booking disappeared 😎

51 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Final payment are due 90 days out why is yours different?

Could explain t why your booking disappeared 😎

I got an email from my TA a month ago extending the final payment date to April 12 for a June 26 cruise. As of 2 days ago when I could see my booking that is the date that was showing for final payment due. It is a mystery. I have not cancelled yet and neither has Oceania.

10 hours ago, susiesan said:

I got an email from my TA a month ago extending the final payment date to April 12 for a June 26 cruise. As of 2 days ago when I could see my booking that is the date that was showing for final payment due. It is a mystery. I have not cancelled yet and neither has Oceania.

How did you get the extended FP date?

We literally begged for an extension to our Sept Cruise FP date (they wanted money last weekend) and they told us to jam it.

Edited by Shawnino
typo

12 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

We literally begged for an extension to our Sept Cruise FP date (they wanted money last weekend) and they told us to jam it.

seriously??? 😲

1 hour ago, Shawnino said:

here is the text of the email I got from my TA on March 3. The new final payment date showed in my booking prior to it disappearing. I don't know why got the date extended and you did not. Ask your TA.

Oceania is extending their final payment and penalty periods. You are currently under a $250.00 per person cancellation fee.  This was due to increase to 25% on 28 March. They have moved this and the final payment due date to 11 April. As we always do, we'll bump that 11th due date to the 1st. We always build in a 10 day window for safety. 

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

Oceania is extending their final payment and penalty periods. You are currently under a $250.00 per person cancellation fee.  This was due to increase to 25% on 28 March. They have moved this and the final payment due date to 11 April. As we always do, we'll bump that 11th due date to the 1st. We always build in a 10 day window for safety. 

So was your final payment to your TA on April 1st?

28 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

So was your final payment to your TA on April 1st?

It would have been the final payment. I did not make it to the TA on 4/1. I believe the cruise has been cancelled and there is $500 FCC in my account according to the TA. But Cannot see this yet myself since my account is all messed up. I will wait until tomorrow when my TA can talk with oceania and clear this up.

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

here is the text of the email I got from my TA on March 3. The new final payment date showed in my booking prior to it disappearing. I don't know why got the date extended and you did not. Ask your TA.

Ten-day window?  Yikes!  And your TA always does this “for safety?”

Edited by CintiPam