CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Guess what our post lady brought us today ? Go on, guess, you won't believe the answer!

No, not an Avon catalogue,  but a lovely shiny cheque ! Whoopee Do!

For information we requested a refund on March 29th for our Arcadia April 12th cruise. We had paid by cc through a TA. I haven't done any chasing, but was going to start doing so this week, as the 60 days have been reached.

So, off to Lincoln tomorrow to pay the cheque in. My wife will be coming with me - she says it's because it will be the first time she can dress up after 12 weeks, but I think it's to make sure I don't run off with the cheque!

Fantastic news Wowzz.

I'm really pleased for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Guess what our post lady brought us today ? Go on, guess, you won't believe the answer!

For information we requested a refund on March 29th for our Arcadia April 12th cruise. We had paid by cc through a TA. I haven't done any chasing, but was going to start doing so this week, as the 60 days have been reached.

So, off to Lincoln tomorrow to pay the cheque in. My wife will be coming with me - she says it's because it will be the first time she can dress up after 12 weeks, but I think it's to make sure I don't run off with the cheque!

Must be my turn next - I was booked on Arcadia for 12 April too!  At least I look as if I’ve been on a cruise - brown and fat. Enjoy your day out tomorrow.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Received mine today after being told on Friday by Cunard I would receive my refund by credit card because that is how I paid the balance and today received a cheque by post . You could not make it up it is that farcical do anyone at P&O/Cunard know what they are doing.

Great news Tom.

13 minutes ago, Dobbers said:

Received a cheque today after filling in the cancellation form on 30th March.  Not too much over the 60 days.

Just want to add we booked through TA but the cheque came directly from Carnival.

Great news at last.

First post but I have been following this thread. Just to let you know, cheque received today for full balance. Would have preferred it going back to CC (although paid through TA card payment says P&O) as I now have to brave the bank - online limit £1000 - but won’t complain. cheque dated 28 May so 59 days when issued.

EO12A 14 May

Refund requested 30 March

Things seem to be moving. Fingers crossed you all receive your refunds soon, especially those of you on over 70 days.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

If asked I just say we go on that many cruises I can't remember how much it cost.😇

If asked, I have known  to say it was free....I know someone high up but am not at liberty to say who..I don't of course but it really winds some people up.Just a bit of devilment.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, MrsMac2 said:

First post but I have been following this thread. Just to let you know, cheque received today for full balance. Would have preferred it going back to CC (although paid through TA card payment says P&O) as I now have to brave the bank - online limit £1000 - but won’t complain. cheque dated 28 May so 59 days when issued.

EO12A 14 May

Refund requested 30 March

Things seem to be moving. Fingers crossed you all receive your refunds soon, especially those of you on over 70 days.

Excellent news,nice to hear more Refunds coming through.

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Oh wowzz I’m happy for you , you were my side kick on waiting for this refund being same cruise but asked for refund a day after you ! Let’s hope the postman is good tomorrow for us or maybe Wednesday on our wedding Anniversary, which we should be away on Iona now , and still waiting for that refund too , don’t think theirs many of us 

12 th April cruise left waiting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Excellent news,nice to hear more Refunds coming through.

As long as they leave enough cash in the kitty to fill up Iona's fuel tanks ready for our cruise to the Fjords at the end of August. If they need to have a whip round for gas, I'm sure Gary isn't short of a few Bob.😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Wow, Wowzz! So pleased for you. Have a happy sleep tonight, and a nice day out in Lincoln tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

As long as they leave enough cash in the kitty to fill up Iona's fuel tanks ready for our cruise to the Fjords at the end of August. If they need to have a whip round for gas, I'm sure Gary isn't short of a few Bob.😂

You aint going nowhere at the end of August are you.  There is no way!

1st time post on this thread.

Asked for refund 30th March following email from P&O. Cruise date 15th May on Arcadia

Never recieved any reply at all to date.

I have tried contacting P & O but cant get through

Contacyed TA today and they say cant deal with it as I replied through P & O.

All I want to know is are they dealing with it, any help would be great.

10 hours ago, staygulf said:

I never indulge in such vulgar conversation at dinner. If anyone asks me how much I paid for my cruise I tell them to mind their own business. 

I’ve never understood why some people feel the need fo discuss the price they paid. We shared a table once on Ventura and this chap kept on saying how much they had paid and looking at us expecting us to say what we had paid. What the numpty failed to appreciate that there are around a dozen different types of cabin and, although he didn’t say, they were clearly talking about the price of an inside cabin as if everyone on the ship was also in an inside cabin, so it was irrelevant anyway. We just smiled and said nothing. We had paid more, but after dinner we returned to our Penthouse Suite!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well done Wowzz. About blooming time! We are still waiting for over £150 for our Cruise Personaliser purchases. I think P&O is reckoning on us all being so focused and relieved that we have had our cruise fare refunded that we will all forget about that. Not me! They’ve had their 60 days now, but I’m not going to chase as I’m curious to see just how long they will take!

• Like 2