CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

23 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Well done Wowzz. About blooming time! We are still waiting for over £150 for our Cruise Personaliser purchases. I think P&O is reckoning on us all being so focused and relieved that we have had our cruise fare refunded that we will all forget about that. Not me! 

Good news - the 1st must be a P&O payday!!🥂

I am quietly ticking the days off for the same type of refund too - day 78, so in to real week twelve.

Have had two "I've contacted finance" messages so far post day 60 ... so maybe my mini CC refund will be picked out of the hat tomorrow ... I'd be pleasantly surprised.

I think that 84 days is the worst I've seen so far ... any further bids?

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo

39 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

1st time post on this thread.

Asked for refund 30th March following email from P&O. Cruise date 15th May on Arcadia

Never recieved any reply at all to date.

I have tried contacting P & O but cant get through

Contacyed TA today and they say cant deal with it as I replied through P & O.

All I want to know is are they dealing with it, any help would be great.

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are being messed about too.  Although a problem for everyone, there are a number of examples of people getting given the run around when a TA is involved.

My advice would be to create an audit trail of the dates/times and people that you have spoken to.  In terms of contacting P&O use any of the following:

1) Call them on the main number and keep pressing 1 (as if you need help to complete the refund form), or

2) Contact them via the P&O Facebook page - put a post on their section about Refunds, don't give away personal information but they will then ask you to send a direct message which will (eventually) get a response from a human, or

3) Contact them by sending a Tweet, or

4) Contact them via the "Contact Us" page email request on their website.  Take a screenshot before you send it.

One of these routes will get you a personal contact eventually.  Be absolutely clear when you contacted them and, if applicable, if the lack of reimbursement of your funds in a timely manner is causing you financial distress. 

Also reference Paul Ludlow's video promising 60 day turnaround and remind them that the Package Tour Regulations still apply to P&O, no matter what they say about pandemics and new IT systems.  You may hear the term "escalated."  Polite but firm etc.

Next route if no joy is to contact your bank if you paid either the balance by debit (chargeback) card or credit card (section 75 claim).  This puts the onus on the bank and the TA to get interested as the funds can be reversed from their account.  There are various examples of TAs blaming P&O and vice versa.

Be persistent and try multiple routes is the only thing I can say.  Don't just rely on the phone with P&O as there are various fob off stories they come up with and this can lack the necessary audit trail.  There is little standard response from P&O.

Hope this helps you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevcharben said:

1st time post on this thread.

Asked for refund 30th March following email from P&O. Cruise date 15th May on Arcadia

Never recieved any reply at all to date.

I have tried contacting P & O but cant get through

Contacyed TA today and they say cant deal with it as I replied through P & O.

All I want to know is are they dealing with it, any help would be great.

Ring this number at 9.15 when P&O open.

Press 1 for booking direct because if you press 2 for TA they cut you off.

Give your P&O confirmation ref number.

Tell them today is day 63(64 tomorrow) since you cancelled.and you want to escalate your refund as per Paul Ludlows up to 60 days wait for refund.

Be polite but assertive.

Good luck.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

3 months away. It will all be history soon, perhaps.🤔

Did you read Arnold Donald's (Carnival President & CEO) interview with cruise critic?  He admits that the earlier intimation about some cruising starting in August was a bit too fanciful, and that any restart will be on limited ships and limited areas, dependant on the Ports being reopened.

But he does say that they have no consolidation plans, since all their lines serve discreet market sectors.

Everyone up and until the end of August (direct bookings) is in a full refund queue now, end of September for TA bookings. 

First two weeks of October will be deposits only, as will most of September for direct bookings.

Based on the last suspension estimate, another 150-200k refund requests now coming; March still outstanding in some cases.

Have an awful feeling that some customers will have a long wait - just hope that the focus on refunds accelerates and does not "pause" for any period of time now.

All the FCCs will be useless if there’s 7 months worth of passengers trying to get booked onto future holidays. Sod trying to find one of those; their booking system will hike the prices even more now presumably - despite nobody knowing what the quality of these new cruise holiday experiences will be.

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Ring this number at 9.15 when P&O open.

Press 1 for booking direct because if you press 2 for TA they cut you off.

Give your P&O confirmation ref number.

Tell them today is day 63(64 tomorrow) since you cancelled.and you want to escalate your refund as per Paul Ludlows up to 60 days wait for refund.

Be polite but assertive.

Good luck.

Graham.

Thanks fot that also to NPTY for the advice.

I managed to get to speak to a real person and as at leats put my mind at rest that I am being dealt with (on the spreadsheet), which is all I really wanted to know.

Im not fussed how long it takes as I am fortunate not to need the cash for now, but hopefully it will be dealt with in the next few weeks.

I was told I would recieve the refund by cheque as I booked through a TA.

• Like 1

Been down to our local village centre and there were about 50 people of a certain age queuing to get in clutching bits of paper.

Must have been a raft of P&O cheques delivered today by the look of it.

I'm only on day 39 so won't bother ringing till 23rd.

I suggested but no reply,  that they just copy 2020 schedule into 2022, and move everyone to same cruise same cabin in 2 years time ( of course could ask for refund). No reply 

2021 full so I asked for refund. Would have waited till 2022 for same cruise same cabin

17 hours ago, zap99 said:

As long as they leave enough cash in the kitty to fill up Iona's fuel tanks ready for our cruise to the Fjords at the end of August. If they need to have a whip round for gas, I'm sure Gary isn't short of a few Bob.😂

16 hours ago, zap99 said:

The power of positive thought Jean.  Who can say 😁

2 hours ago, PandNo Refund said:

All cruises up til October 15th now cancelled... this thread will get a 2nd peak emoji102.png

Sorry Zapp ,at least you kept the faith :classic_sad: Fear not she might sail in October :classic_wink:

59 minutes ago, mickrory said:

Been down to our local village centre and there were about 50 people of a certain age queuing to get in clutching bits of paper.

Must have been a raft of P&O cheques delivered today by the look of it.

I'm only on day 39 so won't bother ringing till 23rd.

Ha ha, sounds like me this morning here, in a 100 metre winding, socially distanced queue to get in the bank to pay my refund cheque in, received late yesterday afternoon after ‘only’ 63 days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrsMac2 said:

Ha ha, sounds like me this morning here, in a 100 metre winding, socially distanced queue to get in the bank to pay my refund cheque in, received late yesterday afternoon after ‘only’ 63 days. 

Went into Lincoln today - basically a ghost town. Straight to the Santander ATM, paid the cheque in, and away. 30 seconds in total.

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Went into Lincoln today - basically a ghost town. Straight to the Santander ATM, paid the cheque in, and away. 30 seconds in total.

We don't have a branch here, I use the Post Office to pay any cheques in. Not that I have had any for a long time. 

We are up to day 40, should have been on Azura now.

My sister received her refund yesterday issued on day 59 last Thursday. Cruise on 15th May, not sure which ship.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That’s, really good.  I did think about leaving the queue and going back later but just had to pay the cheque in 😀 I was allowed to jump the queue as I got nearer as I wanted to just use the ATM - was inside for paying in.

Edited by MrsMac2

Very sad, but inevitable, that all cruises now cancelled until at least mid October, especially for those still living in the vain hope that they would have commenced before then. It’s at least good that some people will have had their cruise cancelled prior to balance due date. At least there is a modicum of decency left by someone at P&O!

It will be fascinating to see how quickly those affected by August to October cancellations receive their refunds. As P&O is (almost) up to date with refunds from the last batch of cancellations, they should start flowing almost immediately, but I can’t help but feel that these customers will also be subject to excessive delays before P&O start paying out in volume  The accountants in Carnival House will no doubt be working out how long they think they can get away with it!

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Very sad, but inevitable, that all cruises now cancelled until at least mid October, especially for those still living in the vain hope that they would have commenced before then. It’s at least good that some people will have had their cruise cancelled prior to balance due date. At least there is a modicum of decency left by someone at P&O!

It will be fascinating to see how quickly those affected by August to October cancellations receive their refunds. As P&O is (almost) up to date with refunds from the last batch of cancellations, they should start flowing almost immediately, but I can’t help but feel that these customers will also be subject to excessive delays before P&O start paying out in volume  The accountants in Carnival House will no doubt be working out how long they think they can get away with it!

Selbourne,  as I said elsewhere, Carnival run out of cash at the end of the year, so i can't see them rushing to pay refunds in less than 60 days. 

I'm not sure if the corporation could survive another block of cancellations after the ones announced today.

Booked through travel agent on credit card, requested refund direct to P & O on line on 30th March for April 16th sailing. Have not contacted anyone since, only had the generic email last week saying request confirmed,  cheque arrived in post this afternoon, day 64. No Logic to it all but result in the end, hope everyone receives the money they are owed. Waiting now for Celebrity to cancel our October cruise & start the wait clock all over again. 

12 minutes ago, ledlex said:

Booked through travel agent on credit card, requested refund direct to P & O on line on 30th March for April 16th sailing. Have not contacted anyone since, only had the generic email last week saying request confirmed,  cheque arrived in post this afternoon, day 64. No Logic to it all but result in the end, hope everyone receives the money they are owed. Waiting now for Celebrity to cancel our October cruise & start the wait clock all over again. 

Glad you got your cheque. I assume you won't have had to pay for your October cruise yet?

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Sorry Zapp ,at least you kept the faith :classic_sad: Fear not she might sail in October :classic_wink:

Been out all day and missed that. Poo. Looks like plan B then. What's plan B? You may well ask. I'll need to liaise with my advisor.🤔

• Like 1

Would you believe but after receiving a cheque yesterday from Carnival UK  for full refund of my Cunard May cruise after being told on Friday it would be refunded to my credit card account within 5-10 days I have now received full refund to my credit card so now been paid twice. They are that incompetent it beggars belief.

• Like 1