CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They closed their office in Southampton and everyone is working from home at their own pace so some of us will wait different times.

My concern is that they have broken the contract already, so what can we do if it is not within the 45/60 days agreed... 

Nothing much... 

ABTA will just quote unprecedented times and do nothing. 

I have no doubt we will all get our refunds, some will be within 45/60 days, but I suspect many won't. 

Andy 

4 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Morning  Graham. Thank you for your continued posts te the refund. I dont actually accept the working from home excuse. I am also wfh but that doesn't mean less productivity, and as I suspect they are not inundated with new bookings they have the availability to concentrate on refunds. Also not at all impressed if P.O now saying 60 days for those of us who were in the first batch of cancellations. 

I agree plus cheque in the post and cheque clearing time when a bank transfer would have been quicker and safer.

The amount they say is a few hundred pounds less than what we paid and they say to take that up with your TA for refund of the difference.

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

My concern is that they have broken the contract already, so what can we do if it is not within the 45/60 days agreed... 

Nothing much... 

I have no doubt we will all get our refunds, some will be within 45/60 days, but I suspect many won't. 

Andy 

I agree it is very frustrating.

I will only be happy when/if the refund clears into our bank.

I will and hopefully others will keep us in the loop when this happens.

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Nothing much... 

Andy 

This has actually made the decision regarding my next booked cruise (end August)  This was to be, for me, a bucket list cruise to Iceland booked on launch day. I was going to pay the balance  due next month,  as we got a good deal on a cabin I wanted and either have it cancelled if not allowed to cruise at that future date or go on what would I know would be a slightly different cruise experience. I am not prepared however to have 2 full balance payments in the coffers of p.o. I will therefore move the deposit as FCC and look at options for next year.  Although the same Iceland is more expensive at the moment. P.O could have kept many more of us as loyal customers with better customer service. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree it is very frustrating.

I will only be happy when/if the refund clears into our bank.

I will and hopefully others will keep us in the loop when this happens.

Did you actually pay by cheque or credit card. ? Legally the payment should be refunded by the same means to the same account from which it originated. 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Nothing much... 

Andy 

Make a small claim for interest on the sum withheld, at court rates. 

Giving 45 days grace shows a large degree of patience from customers when the funds should be returned in 14. There comes a point when customers can’t continue to be doormats. 

I am however in the meantime being optimistic and hope to see my refund within the 45 days promised. Breaking that promise will do nothing for P&Os reputation, would you trust them with your money again?

1 hour ago, miniyorkie said:

Did you actually pay by cheque or credit card. ? Legally the payment should be refunded by the same means to the same account from which it originated. 

Paid by credit card to the TA.

P&O email said cheque direct from them to me.

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Make a small claim for interest on the sum withheld, at court rates. 

Giving 45 days grace shows a large degree of patience from customers when the funds should be returned in 14. There comes a point when customers can’t continue to be doormats. 

I am however in the meantime being optimistic and hope to see my refund within the 45 days promised. Breaking that promise will do nothing for P&Os reputation, would you trust them with your money again?

I do agree, but can't see it making much difference. 

Are courts open? If so, how big would the queue be? 

By that time, you have your money. 

ABTA were flippant and they should be protecting us... 

Andy 

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Paid by credit card to the TA.

P&O email said cheque direct from them to me.

Other  forums have said that P&O will send a cheque to the TA,  and the TA will then refund you by whichever means you used to pay.

To be honest, it seems P&O lack any coherent strategy, or single unified response with regard to refunds. The call centre staff  seem to be contradicting themselves, and communications are a shambles. I requested a refund using the online form over 3 weeks ago and subsequently I gave not heard a word from P&O. 

Given the complete pig's ear P&O gave made of refunds, FCC, etc,I'm amazed that anyone would consider giving them any money at the monent for any future cruuse.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Never had any dealings with ABTA but I have always wanted my bookings with ABTA & ATOL protection.

Just had a look on Trustpilot and the reviews are not good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Always open for online business.

www.moneyclaims.service.gov.uk

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Always open for online business.

www.moneyclaims.service.gov.uk

Any claim seems to suggest mediation first. 

The fact that P&O are not refusing to pay and you will have to pay a fee to make a claim seems to make it a little bit pointless to me. 

I'm sure others will find it useful though. 

Andy 

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Any claim seems to suggest mediation first. 

The fact that P&O are not refusing to pay and you will have to pay a fee to make a claim seems to make it a little bit pointless to me. 

I'm sure others will find it useful though. 

Andy 

I agree pointless at present, they can have their 45 or 60 days. Shame we all know that electronic refunds can be processed much quicker than they are offering, when I rang they went through all the details, put me on hold for a couple of minutes and said my refund would be done later that day. Naughty people!

I find it astonishing that no one other then the OP has a refund yet! I’m still inside my 45 days though - we shall see! 

Regarding home working, I’ve just got all my kit to set up at home and both my PC and phone have to be plugged into my home router! Imagine how many other people are doing that, I hope  my WiFi can cope! I had to phone our IT desk and he said his internet at home was slow so it would take a while for me to get my email!

I received cancellation invoices on 13th March and was told my refund would be within 45 days. Have heard nothing since. I will not be paying any balances for the 6 plus cruises i still have booked and will cancel all before final payment date. I suspect i will have to take FCC as P&O will probably not offer a refund and will do everything it can to retain passengers money. Reading stock market reports, allegedly Carnival years ago registered their business outside of the US to avoid paying taxes and this has backfired as they are not eligible for the US $2 trillion dollar stimulus package. They have to raise money by other means. Carnival says it's bracing for business to be shut down through the rest of 2020.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

"my issue is that I have had no response to my claim form. I have however had a telephone conversation about it just in case to which they have specifically agreed to a refund in 45 days."

How did you manage to talk to P&O Vampiress88? Every number I ring seems to have a pre-recorded message on a loop. Not a human being in sight!

20 minutes ago, Sootyjen said:

"my issue is that I have had no response to my claim form. I have however had a telephone conversation about it just in case to which they have specifically agreed to a refund in 45 days."

How did you manage to talk to P&O Vampiress88? Every number I ring seems to have a pre-recorded message on a loop. Not a human being in sight!

it was a good few weeks back. Didn’t take long to get through either. 

‭0800 052 3840‬

called them on 20th March. Took 10 mins conversation all together. at 12.16. 
Just looked at my records. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 4:41 PM, P&O SUE said:

I find it astonishing that no one other then the OP has a refund yet! I’m still inside my 45 days though - we shall see! 

Regarding home working, I’ve just got all my kit to set up at home and both my PC and phone have to be plugged into my home router! Imagine how many other people are doing that, I hope  my WiFi can cope! I had to phone our IT desk and he said his internet at home was slow so it would take a while for me to get my email!

Just checked the email again from P&O and it actually said we would get a cheque processed and sent to us within

60 DAYS.

They said not to worry you will get it in due course!!!

With the news this morning from P&O of suspending cruises till July 31st their workload has massively increased so I wonder if this 60 days will be increased again?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

It is a bigger period than most of us thought isn’t it?

Gutted myself as I had the longest cruise I’ve had for a while booked for October but now accepting we’re not going.

I'm surprised they announced such a long suspension this time.

Regarding refund P&O and TA reading from a different book with contradicting stories.

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

It is a bigger period than most of us thought isn’t it?

Gutted myself as I had the longest cruise I’ve had for a while booked for October but now accepting we’re not going.

It's not a longer period than I thought.  I can't see there being any cruises for the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

It's not a longer period than I thought.  I can't see there being any cruises for the rest of the year.

Quite a bit longer than I thought, mainly because I was assuming they would still want to drag out the refunds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh I agree but I thought P&O would do just a month again like they’ve done before.