CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

I just wonder if P&O/Carnival have decided that it is just "easier " to make one announcement that covers a lengthy period,  because no one in their right minds would think that a  cruise would go ahead before the end of July. It could make less work in the long run, rather than drip feeding cancellations on a 4 weekly basis.

The next announcement will be to cancel cruises through to the end of September,  probably to be made in early June.

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I just wonder if P&O/Carnival have decided that it is just "easier " to make one announcement that covers a lengthy period,  because no one in their right minds would think that a  cruise would go ahead before the end of July. It could make less work in the long run, rather than drip feeding cancellations on a 4 weekly basis.

The next announcement will be to cancel cruises through to the end of September,  probably to be made in early June.

They are not in a hurry to refund  (told 60 days) and been 41 days to date so it probably doesn't matter how much notice they give because I don't think cruising will restart until September at the earliest and by then people will probably be told 90 days for refund.

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

They are not in a hurry to refund  (told 60 days) and been 41 days to date so it probably doesn't matter how much notice they give because I don't think cruising will restart until September at the earliest and by then people will probably be told 90 days for refund.

Reading in the papers today Graham  that Michael O'Leary has apologised for delays to refund payments amid frustration over how long it is taking customers to get their money back.

All other cruise lines seem to be giving out statements about refunding customers yet P&O are the ones  leaving customers guessing will it be 60 days or more ?

To think that Ryan Air boss O'Leary is a bit of a bad boy in the travel industry, he has at least held his

hands up and said sorry which is more than can be said for P&O at this time. 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Reading in the papers today Graham  that Michael O'Leary has apologised for delays to refund payments amid frustration over how long it is taking customers to get their money back.

This is the same MoL who is saying that no cash refunds will be given until the CV19 crisis is over!

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

This is the same MoL who is saying that no cash refunds will be given until the CV19 crisis is over!

What they say and what they do Wowzz is two different things as we all well know .

3 hours ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Freedom of speech seems to have gone from this site, I have seen emails just now regarding a related press article, checked the news website and there it is, come back here and the posts are gone. Are we now in the old USSR?

My mistake, i should have added a link instead of copying.  I thought I was doing it the right way. Here is the link to  it.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/norfolk-holidaymakers-anguish-as-p-o-cruises-delays-cancellation-refund-by-months-1-6618692

1 hour ago, emam said:

My mistake, i should have added a link instead of copying.  I thought I was doing it the right way. Here is the link to  it.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/norfolk-holidaymakers-anguish-as-p-o-cruises-delays-cancellation-refund-by-months-1-6618692

Another very poor piece of journalism by a incompetent reporter writes an article about P&O Cruises and head the story with a photgraph of a P&O ferry.

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Another very poor piece of journalism by a incompetent reporter writes an article about P&O Cruises and head the story with a photgraph of a P&O ferry.

But will his stupidity result in him losing status, or will it be seen as a great way to lead a story?

11 hours ago, majortom10 said:

And another article yesterday (I forget where) was about P&O Ferries with a photo of Britannia 🤣

I was quite impressed yesterday to read a local paper’s piece about the three ships in Dover (I live about 50 mins away or would have taken a drive to have a look) They actually named they all correctly 😊

I cancelled my June cruise on March 13.  It was outside of 90 days, but I had already paid in full so was entitled to 95 % refund (and 5% FCC as that was the rule at the time).

When I cancelled, they told me 2-3 weeks for the refund, then it became 45 days, then 60 now on twitter it says up to 90 days.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We boarded a TUI flight to Barbados a couple of years ago to join Britannia. The flght steward announced "on behalf of p&o ferries, welcome aboard this ....."

• Like 1

We are into day 27 of an up to 45 day wait for a refund, however my wife was happy this morning as Jet2 finally refunded her the money for return flight to Grenoble over Easter, flights were cancelled on 18 March. Jet2 closed their phone lines so only communication was via messenger or email, plus they sent out communication as part of the refund process earlier this week which stated that no refund was payable, which caused a panic until we found out yesterday when Jet2 finally responded to a public tweet. The customer service from Jet2 was not good, no phones, confusing emails and slow responses, following the public tweet everything seemed to speed up.

The hotel and car hire companies in Grenoble refunded payments in less than 48hrs. 

3 hours ago, mat5664 said:

I cancelled my June cruise on March 13.  It was outside of 90 days, but I had already paid in full so was entitled to 95 % refund (and 5% FCC as that was the rule at the time).

When I cancelled, they told me 2-3 weeks for the refund, then it became 45 days, then 60 now on twitter it says up to 90 days.  

Same scenario for us but our cruise was on March 20th Azura TA.

To think they take the money instantly and a Bacs takes 3 hours!! To refund.

Edited by grapau27

23 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We are into day 27 of an up to 45 day wait for a refund, however my wife was happy this morning as Jet2 finally refunded her the money for return flight to Grenoble over Easter, flights were cancelled on 18 March. Jet2 closed their phone lines so only communication was via messenger or email, plus they sent out communication as part of the refund process earlier this week which stated that no refund was payable, which caused a panic until we found out yesterday when Jet2 finally responded to a public tweet. The customer service from Jet2 was not good, no phones, confusing emails and slow responses, following the public tweet everything seemed to speed up.

The hotel and car hire companies in Grenoble refunded payments in less than 48hrs. 

Let's hope P&O take notice.

The frustration of this is likely to give me another heart attack.

Nearly £4k owed to us.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Let's hope P&O take notice.

The frustration of this is likely to give me another heart attack.

Nearly £4k owed to us.

Just over £8K for us, we were doing a 3 week cruise around the Med, was looking forward to visiting Venice again and we had lined up the Vatican, Florence, Athens & Knossos in Crete for a few if our trips.   
Plus the opportunity to spend some more time in Malta which was Oceana’s home port for 2020. 

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just over £8K for us, we were doing a 3 week cruise around the Med, was looking forward to visiting Venice again and we had lined up the Vatican, Florence, Athens & Knossos in Crete for a few if our trips.   
Plus the opportunity to spend some more time in Malta which was Oceana’s home port for 2020. 

2 week Caribbean/Transatlantic back to Southampton on Azura with a nice balcony cabin at the back of the ship.

We have got back over £500 from other companies and the £70 we paid to pre book our plane seats on the P&O cruise planner was refunded within 14 days.

A friend of mine recieved his refund in three parts. It was Princess if I am not mistaken. First part was issued for the excursions part, the second was a few weeks later and it was for the initial cruise itself while the last one was a partial insurance refund which they received within 40 days after the second refund operation. 

As an update I submitted our claim for the cancelled Britannia TA on 17th March. Received a cancellation invoice on the 24th. At the time of submission the screen advised a 45 day wait. I was advised by someone on social media that P&O had changed the process for refunds for speciality dining/excursions or anything purchased in advance and were providing a FCC for 110% of the value unless you submitted yet another claim. So I submitted another claim on 2nd April, now this advised a 60 day wait.

Not happy with this as it amounts to around £3800 and as I've mentioned before we're both furloughed so need that money, not P&O.

My issue with P&O is that you cannot speak to anyone and you do not receive confirmation of your submission except online once submitted. 

So I emailed Helen Lamb in Guest Relations on 20th April and she has replied today.

"Thank you for your e mail. Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying. We are receiving an unprecedented volume of correspondence at this time and your patience is appreciated. 

Whilst our Contact Centre is  open with the team working from their homes, I am sorry that you have been unable to get through. Please rest assured that your request for a full refund for all aspects of the cancelled holiday have been received. I am  sorry however that you have not received your refund within the timescale previously communicated. COVID-19 is having a significant impact on our operations especially now that the vast majority of our team are working remotely. As advised, your request has been received and our estimate is that refunds for bookings cancelled by the end of March are likely to take a minimum of 45 days to process. We appreciate that this is not the news you were hoping for but do ask for your patience and understanding at this challenging time. 

Assuring you of our best intentions."

Edited by peteukmcr

Had 4x Flybe flights refunded by the bank

2x National Express tickets refunded 

2 night pre cruise stay in Prem Inn West Quay refunded in less than 3 hours

3x cruises. 2x excursions. 2x extra travel expenses all P&O you guessed it nothing

2x EasyJet flights nothing

some companies play the game some don’t 

• Like 2

Now had 2 cruises cancelled. Decided to take the FCC and get a better cabin on a 2021 cruise. Could I do it online? Could I hell! I refuse to phone their pay number. Might try the free one next week. And I WANT to spend my FCC with P and O!

15 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

Had 4x Flybe flights refunded by the bank

2x National Express tickets refunded 

2 night pre cruise stay in Prem Inn West Quay refunded in less than 3 hours

3x cruises. 2x excursions. 2x extra travel expenses all P&O you guessed it nothing

2x EasyJet flights nothing

some companies play the game some don’t 

Agree. We had a Center Parcs booking cancelled on 15 April, the refund was back on my credit card on Friday 24th.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

We are now waiting for refunds for 3 cancelled cruises the first we cancelled early March so far we have had nothing not even cancellation invoices 

I was told by TA and P&O they were working on the earliest cruise dates first.

Ours was Azura TA for March 20 which was cancelled March 13.

P&O said we would get a cheque direct to us even though we paid our TA by credit card??.

45 days tomorrow so  more phone calls tomorrow.

The trust from even loyal P&O customers like us is rapidly diminishing.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I was told by TA and P&O they were working on the earliest cruise dates first.

Ours was Azura TA for March 20 which was cancelled March 13.

P&O said we would get a cheque direct to us even though we paid our TA by credit card??.

45 days tomorrow so  more phone calls tomorrow.

The trust from even loyal P&O customers like us is rapidly diminishing.

That’s interesting that you were told that the refund would be a cheque Graham. I am waiting for a £5k refund which, if it goes back on my credit card, will put me in credit for a few months until I spend it (I don’t know if you can withdraw credit balances from a credit card?). If it’s a cheque, I can pay it straight into my bank account. There’s also an obvious advantage for P&O by issuing cheques, as the added time it takes for a cheque to be posted to the customer, for the customer to get it to their bank and then eventually drawn down against P&O all keeps the money in P&O’s coffers for a week or two longer than a credit card refund!