FCC Roll Call

KennyFla

9 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

An update - I received a reply today, saying that the UK was slower than the USA and Canada as their procedures are less strict over there, and that they had planned to send our FCC's last week but had to wait due to changes from ABTA, which meant that they have had to change some wording. 

They have been told that these should be getting sent out imminently and that I should watch my emails - yippee!!

Watch this space.......

If you guys are slower than here you are in trouble.

22 hours ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

I had sent a general inquiry through the website (USA) and received a personal response yesterday. It said that my account had been credited with my cruise fare plus an amount that I figured out was equal to 25% of the base cruise fare I paid. It said I should just call to rebook. 

I emailed back to ask for something I could send to my Travel Agent, some kind of certificate with a total amount, and I asked when I would receive the refund of the taxes, port fees, and prepaid items. 

This does feel like some sort of progress to get an individual acknowlegement that there is an FCC in my "account"!

FYI- this was for a cruise that MSC canceled for March 15. I believe it was the first cruise that was actually canceled by the cruise line, at least out of Miami.

I too contacted them on US website early last week and nothing.

Thanks for the update.

We submitted a FCC request on March 10th for a March 13th cruise on Divina that we decided to cancel due to pandemic related concerns.  Although we received the initial email with our FCC Request number and were told we'd receive  the FCC in about 14 days, we've heard nothing since.

37 minutes ago, Bluewake said:

We submitted a FCC request on March 10th for a March 13th cruise on Divina that we decided to cancel due to pandemic related concerns.  Although we received the initial email with our FCC Request number and were told we'd receive  the FCC in about 14 days, we've heard nothing since.

Have you received any reimbursement for your "Government taxes" of $121 per person?  I recently got a credit card credit from MSC for $72.56.  I cannot figure out the logistics.  I contacted my internet travel agent and the response I got was that MSC was too busy for her to check on it.  The amount makes no sense to me.  I did not book any extras from MSC.  I was on this same cruise and canceled several days before departure for the same reason as you.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, dexddd said:

I too contacted them on US website early last week and nothing.

Thanks for the update.

I've lost track of time, and I'm not sure what day it is today, but I think it took a couple of weeks to get a response to by web inquiry. I had stopped expecting to hear anything.

I did reply to their email and ask for clarification on getting an actual certificate as well as the refund for port fees, etc. and no response to that yet. 

My TA said that she'd follow up, and that overall, she's been dealing with this on all fronts for her clients. Nobody has seen a lot of movement on credits and refunds and that before the 60 day mark (I haven't hit it yet) she wouldn't expect anything, from any cruise line. It made me feel better. 

I've been browsing future cruises to see what i would want to book if I had the FCC in front of me, and came to the conclusion that there's nothing I would want to book right now anyway. I don't know if the ports would be open, or if the itineraries will change anyway. And the cruises we could do (Caribbean on US school breaks like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, or Summer) are sold out for Super Family Cabins. So I'm second-guessing the decision to accept the FCC.  I guess I'll wait and see if MSC shifts any of their other ships around, or if there's actually more availability than what's showing... maybe there are cancellations that haven't been processed.

1 hour ago, Big Timber said:

Have you received any reimbursement for your "Government taxes" of $121 per person?  I recently got a credit card credit from MSC for $72.56.  I cannot figure out the logistics.  I contacted my internet travel agent and the response I got was that MSC was too busy for her to check on it.  The amount makes no sense to me.  I did not book any extras from MSC.  I was on this same cruise and canceled several days before departure for the same reason as you.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you.

No.  I've checked my CC statement and there hasn't been any sort of refund from MSC. 

Not from MSC but this week we received our credit from Air Transat for our flights.

Originally it was one booking for 6 people.

The credits came in over 3 days - each one being sent individually.  You would have thought even if they were seprate they would all have arrived together......but no

No wonder this process is taking so long if they all follow that blueprint.

😱😱😱

Edited by Mattnvick

8 hours ago, Mattnvick said:

Not from MSC but this week we received our credit from Air Transat for our flights.

Originally it was one booking for 6 people.

The credits came in over 3 days - each one being sent individually.  You would have thought even if they were seprate they would all have arrived together......but no

No wonder this process is taking so long if they all follow that blueprint.

😱😱😱

We are booked with A.T for our now cancelled Alaska cruise, the best they will offer is losing £536 for a cancellation, hoping Princess will refund under their "self booked flights" refund scheme they are offering.

Edited by sidari

1 hour ago, dapreston said:

Is the FCC just an email with a code or can I see something when I log into my msc account?   Just trying to figure out what I am looking for so I don't miss it.

For the old percentage vouchers they used to give you a paper copy.  More recently I've only received an email with the certificate number, dollar amount, customer name and booking conditions like expiration date.  I assume MSC keeps a record of it, but it does not appear on my MSC website account.

Edited by Até

• 1 month later...

I had an MSC cruise leaving Venice May 23, it was cancelled and I requested an FCC. It's supposed to arrive 14 days of the booking and nothing yet. No response other than canned e-mail responses that they got it but no actual response. I'm in the USA and booked through the a travel agent. Neither of us have heard anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 1:14 PM, lovetoholiday said:

An update - I received a reply today, saying that the UK was slower than the USA and Canada as their procedures are less strict over there, and that they had planned to send our FCC's last week but had to wait due to changes from ABTA, which meant that they have had to change some wording. 

They have been told that these should be getting sent out imminently and that I should watch my emails - yippee!!

Watch this space.......

A further update!

I emailed on 21st May saying it was now 70 days since cruise cancellation.  Got a reply on the 1st June apologising and saying it had been passed on to customer services.  I emailed them on the 24th June saying it was now over 100 days.  I replied a reply back that same day telling me the amount I was due and if I would agree to the extra £47 I had paid for an excursion being added to the FCC amount.

I replied back saying yes that would be fine and received the email with the FCC attached a short time later.  Great I thought!

I had already seen a cruise for next year that I would use the FCC for which used up the whole amount and left me with a small balance of £43.71 to pay.

Last Thursday I phoned the number as required to use the FCC gave all the booking details and told that would all be fine - but, I now needed to email the FCC (that they had emailed me remember) to the booking department with the reference number I was given for the new booking and asking for the FCC to be applied to it!

I did this and heard nothing back until the next day when I got an email saying that this would be fine but as that reference number had now expired they would give me another one and did I want to go ahead with it????

I replied back within 3 minutes of receiving the email and heard nothing back from them, this was Friday, so had to wait out the weekend till they opened back up today.  I phoned the number on the email that came with the FCC only to get told by the answering machine to phone an other number which turned out to be the booking line.  Did that and spoke to a guy who said he could see my booking request and he would imagine I would hear from them shortly (not his department, nothing he could do)

So, a couple of hours later I got another email, this time asking for my phone number so they could phone me to get the payment for the £43.71 balance as this needed to be used as a deposit!  Again I replied within 3 minutes of receiving the email and awaited the phone call, and here I am still waiting!  Maybe tomorrow?  How hard can it be to make a booking using the FCC?

Has anyone else had the same issues?  Apologies for all the !!!!!  but the frustration has got to me!!!!  

On 7/6/2020 at 12:54 PM, lovetoholiday said:

Has anyone else had the same issues?  Apologies for all the !!!!!  but the frustration has got to me!!!!  

Not the same, but my travel agent called today to try and get my FCC applied to the new cruise i want to book. The MSC agent told her that my FCC was "in process" and we shouldn't mess with it right now or it would get messed up. So I've paid the deposit on the new cruise I want (before the July 4 sale expires) and when the FCC is complete, we can try to get the FCC applied to the new booking. 

I'm okay with doing that because the July 4 sale means that my deposit was only $98 and I will still owe another $300+ for the difference between my FCC and the new cruise cost anyway. But it was another leap of faith to give them more of our money right now....!

The MSC Agent also told her that there was going to be a mass release of FCC's on July 17 and that by then, 90% of the FCC's will be complete. Not sure why it works that way and they know that it will be that day, but it's something to watch for.

Edited by mamaneedsavacay
clarity

13 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

he MSC Agent also told her that there was going to be a mass release of FCC's on July 17 and that by then, 90% of the FCC's will be complete. Not sure why it works that way and they know that it will be that day, but it's something to watch for.

On another post it says that there will be an announcement on the 13th July. So who knows?  I  phoned them today and was told that Magnifica cruises next Autumn (which I was trying to book)  are on hold and not available to book but should be released in the next few days.  More patience needed......

13 hours ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

Not the same, but my travel agent called today to try and get my FCC applied to the new cruise i want to book. The MSC agent told her that my FCC was "in process" and we shouldn't mess with it right now or it would get messed up. So I've paid the deposit on the new cruise I want (before the July 4 sale expires) and when the FCC is complete, we can try to get the FCC applied to the new booking. 

I'm okay with doing that because the July 4 sale means that my deposit was only $98 and I will still owe another $300+ for the difference between my FCC and the new cruise cost anyway. But it was another leap of faith to give them more of our money right now....!

The MSC Agent also told her that there was going to be a mass release of FCC's on July 17 and that by then, 90% of the FCC's will be complete. Not sure why it works that way and they know that it will be that day, but it's something to watch for.

That would be roughly what our TA was told as far as refund after first two rounds of lies.

However, with my luck I'll be in the 10%.

Not sure why that would be such a magical date either.  As I've said before, they must be using some type of Unicorn calendar.

16 hours ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

Maybe they are finally closing in on when they will actually sail.  I have not pushed on getting the FCC, because I did not want to book and get cancelled and go all through this again.  Of course, getting cancelled gives you another 25% on top again, kind of like flipping houses. 🙂

Our sailing was going to be on the Seaside on April 25th. I submitted the request for the FCC on March 21st, but have not received anything yet. I called the Canadian office a few weeks ago I was told they were able to see the amount on my account, plus the amount of port fees etc. that I would get back. Nothing... I was booked through MSC USA which I cannot call directly. The only way to reach them is to call the Canadian office and then ask to be transferred to a US agent. Each time I tried the wait time was long, and I did not have the time to wait it out. 

There is a rumor going around that MSC will do a mass email of the FCC on July 13th. So on a whim I called yesterday afternoon, and sure enough, mine was done.  I then called my travel agent who had to call MSC back, but was able to book a cruise on the Meraviglia Jan 23.  It took her the better part of an hour, but she got the credit applied to the new reservation.  I was afraid that waiting for the email I would not get what I wanted, as its going to be crazy.  Might be worth a call.

I called the other day and talked to a very nice lady. She was really helpful. She confirmed that mine was done too, and was able to get a copy of it, and e-mailed it to me. Now I wish things could improve so that we could book a cruise with a little bit more confidence. 

On 7/7/2020 at 10:59 PM, lovetoholiday said:

On another post it says that there will be an announcement on the 13th July. So who knows?  I  phoned them today and was told that Magnifica cruises next Autumn (which I was trying to book)  are on hold and not available to book but should be released in the next few days.  More patience needed......

All booked now 😊