Viking Ship Locations

Dukefan

9 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Seysfjordur. Color

I show her bound for Seysfjordur, which at least has a small dock, and the Iceland cruises spend a long day there, until 11 pm.  But to unload a ship and all its passengers and all their belongings in mid cruise just doesn’t make sense.  It WOULD make sense to just board a new ship in Reykjavik.  

3 minutes ago, Tom.in.nc said:

Seysfjordur Port info shows arrival at 8 AM on the 21st and sitting in Port without leaving until 8 PM on the 24th. Intriguing.

I don’t really care where the Star goes as long as it’s in Fort Lauderdale on December 24 for our world cruise! 🙂

Sky is in Seydisfjordur on Star's first day there (21st) and Jupiter on the last day (24th).

1 minute ago, bluesea777 said:

Sky is in Seydisfjordur on Star's first day there (21st) and Jupiter on the last day (24th).

Well that is interesting, and likely not a coincidence.  I will say that Seysfjordur’s dock is TINY, only about 2/3 the length of the ship.  I remember watching the captain in the bridge wing that morning taking it VERY slow and easy.  

This could be a long shot guess but could it be that there is something wrong with Jupiter or Sky, not serious enough for them to stop sailing but Viking is using the opportunity of Star being free to sort it out before cruising programme back to normal.  It may be that J or Sky would then take over the Uk sailings.  As I say an wild guess perhaps

1 minute ago, Tom.in.nc said:

Anchor : akkeri

I think that means the Star will be in the anchorage and not docked. Agree?

Tom

Yes, just translated it.  Plus, there is no room for her at the dock if Sky or Jupiter is there.  Tiny dock.

• Like 1

Interesting speculations. She is scheduled to be in Portsmouth Aug 7 to start England's Scenic Shores. Her schedule is blank in Sept and Oct. This is based on checking her schedule using both the UK and main site. She had been scheduled to do Malta and the Western Med from July thru October but that was cancelled. Lots of churn this Summer for sure. 

Edited by CharTrav

1 hour ago, Tom.in.nc said:

I’ll say it again: I don’t care where she goes as long as she is in Fort Lauderdale on December 24th for our (Magical Mysterious) World Cruise (to London then Bergen via who knows where!?!)

Tom

Brilliant attitude, enjoy the Magical Mystery Tour II.😁 Looking forward to reports and comparisons to version 1.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Looks like Viking Star has complete the package  delivery and has departed Iceland, returning to Kristiansand for a few days, before heading for the UK cruises.

Thanks for the update!

• Like 2

Shortly after passing the Shetlands, Viking Star has performed a slow turn and is now on a reciprocal course at 20 kts. Destination still shows as Kristiansand, but she is now steaming in the opposite direction at full speed.

9 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Shortly after passing the Shetlands, Viking Star has performed a slow turn and is now on a reciprocal course at 20 kts. Destination still shows as Kristiansand, but she is now steaming in the opposite direction at full speed.

Wow!  That’s interesting.  No an expert, but I think 20 kits is about as fast as that ship goes.  I wonder what’s up. 

16 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Wow!  That’s interesting.  No an expert, but I think 20 kits is about as fast as that ship goes.  I wonder what’s up. 

Affirmative, she is about full speed on all 4 engines. Will be watching throughout the day.

3 minutes ago, Staffordshirecruiser said:

Intriguing?  The fact Star is returning to Iceland at speed is interesting. Do we know when the other two ships are next in Rejkavik?  Did we ever find out what the deliveries were as that might provide a clue?  Could it just be engine testing in certain sea conditions?

Sky will have left Reykjavik earlier this evening and will not be due back until early on Saturday July 31

Jupiter will be arriving into Reykjavik early on Tuesday July 27 before departing on the evening of Wednesday July 28. 

Not sure when Star is due to arrive off Reykjavik but is due back in the UK to commence some UK domestic cruisrs on Saturday August 7th, so probably plenty of time to drop off another couple of parcels. 

• Like 1