Viking Ship Locations

Dukefan

15 hours ago, Azulann said:

Just checked the  Bermuda web cam. It looks like The Viking Star is now docked at Kings Wharf where the  the tug boats are.

So what is Viking Star  doing  , just hanging  out  for days? 

I loved my  Bermuda  cruise. and the part of the island  I did see in July. 

I do hope Viking  continues  stopping in  Bermuda or even homeport in the future. I would also like to spend  some days at one of their lovely hotels or small inns in the future.  

Yep, the Star moved from Heritage to King’s sometime yesterday. We’re on the Orion now in Hamilton and will be docking at Heritage on Monday. 

We have been very warmly welcomed back on Orion by the crew who remembered us from last month and we’re having great time. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

We have been very warmly welcomed back on Orion by the crew who remembered us from last month and we’re having great time.

So glad you are back  enjoying the great service from a wonderful crew. 

How many passengers are there on this sailing? 

13 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

And some major provisioning ….. I should think so …. 

Thats a tough one to answer, as normally heading to a refit they run everything down, then restore when out of drydock. However, Star drydocked in December 2019, so this is probably a wet dock for some modifications.

Prior to starting cruises from US, I believe the US CDC requires the ship in US Waters for at least two weeks to complete their pre-requisites. During that period, I would then expect to see additional crew sign-on and major stores arriving.

On the Viking Sun, they explained most of their stores arrive by container, which is shipped from a central warehouse in Germany. They will probably arrive when she get to Ft Lauderdale.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Yes, they both are in Freeport.

Orion's been doing the Welcome Back cruises around Bermuda all Summer. Star has been being used as a shuttle ship the past few weeks: being used to shift around crew between ships. She was up in Iceland and now she's in Bermuda. She also needs to prepare for her cruises that will be starting from Ft Lauderdale. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Wavetripper said:

What possible new Ocean ship? Viking Saturn. No information that I can find  but under a new itinerary this morning "Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada" for May 2023 shows the Saturn ship name. Anyone know more about this ship?

This is the 10th ship and should be due about April 2023. Viking Ocean also have on order:

• #11 - 2024
  • #12/13 - 2025
  • #14/15 - 2026
  • #16 = 2027
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Wavetripper said:

What possible new Ocean ship? Viking Saturn. No information that I can find  but under a new itinerary this morning "Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada" for May 2023 shows the Saturn ship name. Anyone know more about this ship?

Where did you find this? Just looked at the Viking site and don't see it. 

1 hour ago, Wavetripper said:

Looks like a great itinerary!  We went on one of the Welcome Back cruises around Iceland and this will be an appealing variation for those who want to return, or go for the first time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Char,

I found it this morning when checking the UK/Scandinavia Cruise we booked. Select "Find a Cruise", May 2023 and N/Europe & Scandinavia.

Ionic Iceland, Greenland & Canada - Reykjavík to New York, departs 23/5/23

I checked for cruises earlier, up to Reykjavik, but see nothing, so I suspect it will be similar to Neptune. Once the build is further advance they will publish something from the Meddy to Iceland.

Also noted that Viking Star has a Barcelona to Reykjavik just posted. Departs Barcelona 29/5/23

38 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

As of today we see 84 ocean Itineraries, 5 NEW from yesterday.
Searched under Oceans, find a cruise, May 2023. Not if they are all on the Saturn.

39 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Char,

I found it this morning when checking the UK/Scandinavia Cruise we booked. Select "Find a Cruise", May 2023 and N/Europe & Scandinavia.

Ionic Iceland, Greenland & Canada - Reykjavík to New York, departs 23/5/23

I checked for cruises earlier, up to Reykjavik, but see nothing, so I suspect it will be similar to Neptune. Once the build is further advance they will publish something from the Meddy to Iceland.

Also noted that Viking Star has a Barcelona to Reykjavik just posted. Departs Barcelona 29/5/23

Andy - this looks like an interesting itinerary!  (Iceland to NYC and vice versa).

It appears they have several posted now - must be the Star and the Saturn both doing this.

image.png.3b3d634828f11ef9ed77436ca659f514.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Clearly I have some work to do on my spreadsheet don't i? I checked yesterday and didn't see anything new. 🙄

Same here, I usually check the website daily, only noted the additions this morning.

Yes - most definitely an interesting itinerary. Only suggestion would be a couple of additional stops in Greenland. We are already booked on the WC & UK/Scandinavia in '23, but will certainly consider it in later years.

Really like the Jun 7th departure from New York on Saturn - New York to Bergen 29 nights.

Edited by Heidi13

20 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Same here, I usually check the website daily, only noted the additions this morning.

Yes - most definitely an interesting itinerary. Only suggestion would be a couple of additional stops in Greenland. We are already booked on the WC & UK/Scandinavia in '23, but will certainly consider it in later years.

Really like the Jun 7th departure from New York on Saturn - New York to Bergen 29 nights.

Yes. Also the Star's schedule in 2023 is filling in. With the addition of Saturn decided it's time to move to my 2022-24 edition. I'm going to assume no further changes to the 2021 schedule. (Cross my fingers!).