Now for something completely different

On 9/4/2022 at 1:12 AM, Blackduck59 said:

Good on ya Mic. Have a great new adventure. We are enjoying our last few days in Nipawin we will be home very late Monday night 

I hope you and your family members are nowhere near the stabbings.  Keep safe on your travels. 

On 9/4/2022 at 1:12 AM, Blackduck59 said:

Good on ya Mic. Have a great new adventure. We are enjoying our last few days in Nipawin we will be home very late Monday night 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

We have had this before, although they usually tip that stuff down the champagne fountain. With that activity curtailed, I guess they need to use it up. On par with pol acker. 😂

I recollect a half bottle of pol acker in cabin on QM2, must be the Cunard £1 chuck, the poms will drink anything, lol.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I recollect a half bottle of pol acker in cabin on QM2, must be the Cunard £1 chuck, the poms will drink anything, lol.

Yes, another from the bottom shelf.

We have had Korbel on Royal as well, and I think we even paid for it in the MDR once. It is Californian, but a short rung above the others mentioned.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

Critic rating on wine-searcher of 83%France - The Duc de Valmer Blanc de Blanc Brut is a nice white-gold color with fine and persistent foam. Fruity, delicate, with some vinous nuances. A very good balance between vinosity and roundness. Good finish. A very pleasant wine. Pairs beautifully with devon & tomato sauce sandwiches. 😉

Classic! 🙂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It must be.  Experienced Cunard fellow CCers on the Barcelona-Fremantle thread (we're staying on to Sydney) are fervently hoping it won't be the offering.

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

Does Princess still have the $2 chuck Korbel bubbly, as used at the champagne fountain?

I haven't seen them do a champagne fountain since the restart.

We'll keep the Duc de Valmer until you're onboard, Les. You can help us taste it! I've got a nice shiraz to take the taste away if it's really bad. 🤣 Mic & Rosie could join us if they'd like to. We're in a suite for that cruise so plenty of space. D703.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We'll keep the Duc de Valmer until you're onboard, Les. You can help us taste it! I've got a nice shiraz to take the taste away if it's really bad. 🤣 Mic & Rosie could join us if they'd like to. We're in a suite for that cruise so plenty of space. D703.

Bon voyage and happy sailing to you all🍾

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sounds like a plan, 

Previously,  they normally did the champagne waterfall on the 2nd formal night, as our cruise has 2, we may get to see it.

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

#This will be us then, lol.

Cruise-ship-suite-1.jpg.22bfbf9287f629ad186693638e877f81.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds like a plan, 

Previously,  they normally did the champagne waterfall on the 2nd formal night, as our cruise has 2, we may get to see it.

I believe I read somewhere that the Champagne Waterfall events are not being conducted at the moment. The Maitre~D will be having withdrawal symptoms, lol.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Good to hear, sounds like it may be a real task to find them, but we know that the RCMP will get them.

Thanks Mic.

The alerts have been coming all day. The latest says one suspect has been located deceased and the other is still at large but may be injured. We are sitting in the airport in Saskatoon waiting for our flight. This leg takes us to Calgary where we have 2 1/2 hour layover until our flight direct to Victoria. We expect to arrive at the airport just before midnight. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks everyone, all is well and we are safe. The attacks were about 200 Kms away. The suspects are still at large sill but are suspected to be even farther away in Regina. 

Please keep safe

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Mic.

The alerts have been coming all day. The latest says one suspect has been located deceased and the other is still at large but may be injured. We are sitting in the airport in Saskatoon waiting for our flight. This leg takes us to Calgary where we have 2 1/2 hour layover until our flight direct to Victoria. We expect to arrive at the airport just before midnight. 

You'd be home by now, hopefully safe and well and resting after your trip.  Keep safe and well, both of you.

• Thanks 1