Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Uncle Les, are you being unkind to Mr. Docker during his recuperation? As I understand it the facility where he is being held (oh I mean Rehab) they don't even have any meat pies for the poor man. As our Dr. Henry says, be kind.

Somehow this didn't go out when I first wrote it now it's out of context.

🤡They let me out of the circus, Lyle.🤡

So we have rival forms of football in Oz. So in Canada we have Rugby the full 15 player version on the rectangular field. and Rugby sevens. Both the Canadian men's and women's national teams in both types are based here in Victoria BC. We also have a professional football (soccer) team here. Then of course there is the CFL (like American style football with slightly different rules) and of course the NFL is very popular in Canada even with no teams here. Of course these are all rather minor compared to hockey in Canada, of course I'm not really much of a hockey fan (I prefer our original national sport of lacrosse)

22 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Uncle Les, are you being unkind to Mr. Docker during his recuperation? As I understand it the facility where he is being held (oh I mean Rehab) they don't even have any meat pies for the poor man. As our Dr. Henry says, be kind.

Somehow this didn't go out when I first wrote it now it's out of context.

I am trying to pretend I am on a cruise with many sea days, as I can’t get out.

Unfortunately, I have a cabin overlooking the internal courtyard, and it’s one of those cruises where the late sitting for dinner is 5.15.

All socially distanced with only room service meals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

Unfortunately, I have a cabin overlooking the internal courtyard, and it’s one of those cruises where the late sitting for dinner is 5.15.

Well docker that's what happens when you book an interior cabin, you should have sprung for the veranda; they are much nicer cabins. I see you are enjoying room service for the time being 😁

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Glory, Glory to South Sydney......that's how their anthem starts.

SS20JSY01M_South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-2020-Mens-Replica-Home-Jersey_1__1594118169.jpg

Actually Uncle Les that’s how the chorus starts the actual song starts When speaking of the champions....

When speaking of the champions, one stands above the rest
Of glories old and records proud, when often put to test
Of fine traditions, history, that others cannot best
They wear the Red and Green

Glory, Glory to South Sydney
South Sydney marches on

They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragons from St. George
The Seagulls and the Mounties next
Were crushed by mighty force
They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course

South Sydney marches on

They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs Rooster crowed
And then was conquered too
The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew

South Sydney marches on

• Thanks 1

I guess it is repairing me more for new cruising.

Having to wear a mask outside the cabin, restricted numbers etc.  No buffet, all food plated.

The crew not only wear masks, but also face shields.

One aspect I hope is not adopted is the way crew members come in and jab sharp objects into me several times a day.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Will they bring you a bottle of Cabernet Shiraz to wash down your Fillet Steak?  ? All the best

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Lyle has now been educated in the Rugby League tradition.  Re the Rabbitohs, back in the early 90's I worked with Sean Garlick ex player and football manger of South Sydney Rabbitohs. So yes he is an ex walloper.  He is now CEO of his family company Garlos pies, a family company established a few decades ago at Matraville. Now everywhere, even exported to USA.

download.jpg

th (3).jpg

Well 

I don’t think Lyle will be a better person for it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Why am I now seeing ads for masks between postings on this and other threads?

I bet they're not as nice as my masks. Seven masks each, just finished today after quite a bit of swearing and two broken sewing machine needles - I had to go out this morning to buy stronger needles1120827947_2020-08-0216_52_58.thumb.jpg.8514ba418de8d9d224cbebfe38a3c30f.jpg.

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I bet they're not as nice as my masks. Seven masks each, just finished today after quite a bit of swearing and two broken sewing machine needles - I had to go out this morning to buy stronger needles1120827947_2020-08-0216_52_58.thumb.jpg.8514ba418de8d9d224cbebfe38a3c30f.jpg.

His and Hers I notice, very nice.🙂

Very nice work OzKiwiJJ, I see you found some appropriate elastic. Be well.

The news seems to be showing a bit of an up tick in cases down there. Could this be the start of the dreaded "2nd wave" or just the dregs of the "1st wave" carried around by some thoughtless rubes and their careless associates?

What does this have to do with the Delayed Cruise ship terminal you ask? Well isn't the delay because of this?

I thought I should at least mention the thread topic to CMA re: hijacking 😁

16 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I guess it is repairing me more for new cruising.

Having to wear a mask outside the cabin, restricted numbers etc.  No buffet, all food plated.

The crew not only wear masks, but also face shields.

One aspect I hope is not adopted is the way crew members come in and jab sharp objects into me several times a day.

Can they put you in an oceanview cabin? Your cabin looks like those they have on Royal Caribbean ships, overlooking the malls, Johnny Rockets, etc. All the best mate.

9 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Very nice work OzKiwiJJ, I see you found some appropriate elastic. Be well.

The news seems to be showing a bit of an up tick in cases down there. Could this be the start of the dreaded "2nd wave" or just the dregs of the "1st wave" carried around by some thoughtless rubes and their careless associates?

What does this have to do with the Delayed Cruise ship terminal you ask? Well isn't the delay because of this?

I thought I should at least mention the thread topic to CMA re: hijacking 😁

Melbourne has a nasty second wave. It started when untrained security guards at quarantine hotels ignored even the most basic of Covid-19 precautions then took the virus home to their families. Some were part of large extended family groups that enjoyed gathering together regularly. Unfortunately it's still spreading, partly due to the "thoughtless rubes and their careless associates". Melbourne is now in stage 4 lockdown and the rest of Victoria is stage 3 with masks mandatory outside homes.

The Sydney outbreak started when a freight worker unwittingly brought the virus up from Melbourne, then went to a pub with his colleagues. New cases are slowly trickling through Sydney and nearby parts of NSW but not to the extent that the Melbourne outbreak fired up, so far. Masks aren't mandatory in Sydney but we're wearing them in supermarkets and shopping malls now.

And, of course, you already know about the stupid women who lied about visiting Melbourne and tested positive after a few days of shopping and dining out in Brisbane.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Thanks 1