Can I apply 2 x FCC to one cruise

I'm planning on applying 2 then I read here someone posted they cant. I'm going to be very annoyed if I go to apply my fccs and they say nope, gotta pay cash, and i have a unused fcc in my pocket.

I booked 4, if you count a 4/5 b2b just to mostly use up fccs. Usually dont book ahead of time. I'm a last minute Booker usually. Book and leave in a few weeks is my style. These fccs are driving me crazy. 

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm planning on applying 2 then I read here someone posted they cant. I'm going to be very annoyed if I go to apply my fccs and they say nope, gotta pay cash, and i have a unused fcc in my pocket.

I booked 4, if you count a 4/5 b2b just to mostly use up fccs. Usually dont book ahead of time. I'm a last minute Booker usually. Book and leave in a few weeks is my style. These fccs are driving me crazy. 

this seems like it might be difficult because I thought you could only apply the remaining FCC to the next cruise after the prior cruise completed?     Makes me think they are going to need some new rules for all of this FCC floating around because what you WANT to do seems totally reasonable and should be achievable in these circumstances.

7 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

this seems like it might be difficult because I thought you could only apply the remaining FCC to the next cruise after the prior cruise completed?     Makes me think they are going to need some new rules for all of this FCC floating around because what you WANT to do seems totally reasonable and should be achievable in these circumstances.

That's my plan. The b2b is in april. Apply one fcc to each.

October is the 7 day that the remainder of the 2 fccs will more than cover. Donate the remainder to rcl.

57 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

I had two small FCC ($150 each) that I tried to apply to a single cruise booking just before the virus stuff started. I was told I could only use one per booking. YMMV.

The okay to apply more than one to a single booking if true just became effective (or not) yesterday or the day before.  It is very new (if true)

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

I can understand this rule in place before, but the problem is that now, people will have multiple FCCs that all expire Dec 31, 2021.  Many have cancelled and re-booked...and then may have the re-booking cancelled.  Or they already had a few cruises lined up from March - X (i.e. however long this keeps going) and then they get cancelled.  We have already had one cancelled for March, suspect another for Aug (which in itself has FCC booked from Dorian), and then lets see about our Dec (which is a re-booking of March).  I mean, how many cruises can you re-book before Dec 31, 2021 if they don't let you apply more than 1 to a booking?

Edited by LuCruise

5 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I can understand this rule in place before, but the problem is that now, people will have multiple FCCs that all expire Dec 31, 2021.  Many have cancelled and re-booked...and then may have the re-booking cancelled.  

Yep, it's hard not to worry when I read people post no cruises until a vaccine. My next one is jan 2nd. Let's hope it's not cancelled and I have to rebook using that money up in time.

If we wait for a vaccine I think rcl is bankrupt by then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Yep, it's hard not to worry when I read people post no cruises until a vaccine. My next one is jan 2nd. Let's hope it's not cancelled and I have to rebook using that money up in time.

If we wait for a vaccine I think rcl is bankrupt by then.

The vaccine is planned till the end of the year. Some of the companies will go bankrupt unfirtunatly but this is business and this is how it works. I also hope that it wont get canceled but you never know with the current both market situation and the way industry lives it.. very hard to predict 

We cancelled two cruises just before the suspension, so we only had the option of FCCs. I tried to use both of them on a single cruise later this year, and was told no. I'm now hanging fire on a May cruise that we hope will be cancelled by RCL. If they don't cancel, we'll be stuck with a huge FCC and unless we can stack more than one on a cruise, we're running out of options.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

The okay to apply more than one to a single booking if true just became effective (or not) yesterday or the day before.  It is very new (if true)

Thank you for this update. I will keep my fingers crossed that this will work in the future since I will now have two large FCC to go with my remaining small one.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 10:11 AM, firefly333 said:

Please keep in mind, If the rules are the same as in the past, unused FCC can be one more time , 30 days after returning from the trip that used the initial FCC .  

Good luck 

M

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Please keep in mind, If the rules are the same as in the past, unused FCC can be one more time , 30 days after returning from the trip that used the initial FCC .  

Good luck 

M

Right, I'm booked jan, april and October... if that's not enough time between, I might be sweating, but I'm hoping for a 30 day reissue, but thinking might be slower than you said in the past. I put as much space between as I could.