Captain Albert Back Online with Summary

BSinPNS

3 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Awesome to read a first hand experience without being political .

We have cruised with Captain Albert and dined with him a couple of times , a wonderful person with lots and lots of stories . Hope to meet him again soon . 

Tony :classic_biggrin:

Fully agree. Sailed with Captain Albert on the final cruise of Ms Prinsendam before it was handed over. Great personality and a excellent lecturer .

Peter

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Thank you so much! Captain Albert is amazing’ loved his blog! Glad he is home with his wife and enjoying his Surf and Turf aka Ham salad! LOL

Denise😊

Yes! Ham salad, plus the plumber!  Loved those parts especially and the whole post.  Full of good writing and a lot of humour as well as an amazing summary of how it all worked on the ships.

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Btimmer said:

For those interested, Captain Albert's blog has resumed.  It contains details we've not seen or read about before.

https://www.captainalbert.com/24-march-10-april-2020-panama-to-fort-lauderdale/

Thanks Tim.  I have been following along.

Hope you and Angela are well.

We are hanging in here in Vancouver and had to cancel our Europe and Baltic sailings and will see how things go before we know if Oct-Dec will work out for Hawail, South Pacific and Australia.

9 minutes ago, lizinvan said:

Thanks Tim.  I have been following along.

Hope you and Angela are well.

We are hanging in here in Vancouver and had to cancel our Europe and Baltic sailings and will see how things go before we know if Oct-Dec will work out for Hawail, South Pacific and Australia.

Hi, Liz.

We're well and waiting this CV-19 thing out hunkered down in Burien.  For us, it's been 4 weeks so far and two more until 5/4 (the latest date so far from our Governor).  I suspect it'll be extended for us in high risk categories.  We had our European Passion Play trip cancelled (originally scheduled for the first week in June) and we're waiting to hear if the fall Grand Africa gets cancelled.  We're doing lots of house chores and observing birds and squirrels which we've not been able to do for the past few years due to cruising.  Keep in touch.

2 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Hi, Liz.

We're well and waiting this CV-19 thing out hunkered down in Burien.  For us, it's been 4 weeks so far and two more until 5/4 (the latest date so far from our Governor).  I suspect it'll be extended for us in high risk categories.  We had our European Passion Play trip cancelled (originally scheduled for the first week in June) and we're waiting to hear if the fall Grand Africa gets cancelled.  We're doing lots of house chores and observing birds and squirrels which we've not been able to do for the past few years due to cruising.  Keep in touch.

Glad to hear you are both well.  Our lock down is similar to yours and we are doing our best.  Dan was going to visit us late March while taking the train across Canada and Amtrak home in April but, of course, everything was cancelled.  His European and British isles cruise tours also.  So we all wait....Cam says hi!

16 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Awesome to read a first hand experience without being political .

We have cruised with Captain Albert and dined with him a couple of times , a wonderful person with lots and lots of stories . Hope to meet him again soon . 

Tony :classic_biggrin:

Don't forget Rotterdam's security officer (he's in one of the tender pics) from Alberta

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lizinvan said:

Glad to hear you are both well.  Our lock down is similar to yours and we are doing our best.  Dan was going to visit us late March while taking the train across Canada and Amtrak home in April but, of course, everything was cancelled.  His European and British isles cruise tours also.  So we all wait....Cam says hi!

Have you heard from Dan recently?  I've tried to contact him this week with no response.  Could you email me at tkbowman at gmail dot com.

He was on our Veendam cruise Feb.5 - 19, 2020!!   LOVE reading all entries in his blog, especially the latest.  I had checked daily for past 3+ weeks, waiting eagerly to hear his view of the Rotterdam+Zaandam struggle to get the passengers, crew and ships back to a port.  Watched livecams the night the 2 ships passed through the new locks of the Panama Canal.  Watched livecams the day the Zaandam finally was able to enter Port Everglades.  

Captain Albert, enjoy your time at home!!!

3 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Hi Btimmer, just had to say "Hi" when I saw the mention of Burien. I was there Tuesday for granddaughter's dr. appt.  One of the very few positives of this situation is it's an easy ferry ride from Vashon. Maybe see you for coffee some day? --Susie

Sure, once the CV stay at home order is lifted, we could meet.  We're about 1/2 hour from the Fauntleroy ferry dock.

Edited by Btimmer