Anyone have a guess when next batch of cruises will be cancelled?

Petoonya

A close friend of ours is a HD and I can 100% assure you that over 80% of their crew is stuck in their homelands. I know you will disagree but you have no evidence to support your disagreement and more over there exists in the public domain the numbers still on board ships. Why would NCL or any other cruise line pay hundreds or thousands of crew to do nothing. They will not and most have gone home.

Crew numbers are not materially affected by numbers - maybe a few less waiters and cleaning staff but the behind the sconces teams are unaffected 

The extension of cancelled cruises announcement is expected to be later this week. Its the end of June 2020 earliest (the same as all other cruise lines). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jobeth66 said:

Well, my June Cruise Tour is not showing up on the site for booking. It was there Friday when I checked last. So it could be their site is screwed up or maybe they are actually getting ready to cancel.

Jobeth, my May 17 cruise is kind of screwball, and hope it's because they're about to cancel. (Fingers crossed refund and no FCC). Last week they actually listed May 17 from Seattle- today they just list "May 2020" cruises- can't choose a date.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GlamorousGirl said:

I’d like to know too. I’m booked to sail out of Amsterdam on May 16. I don’t feel safe flying right now. 

I don’t see that cruise happening. 

Also, in case you are not aware, the EU has prohibited non-essential travel from outside the EU by non-EU citizens though May 15.  This ban is being enforced by the Netherlands. 

https://nl.usembassy.gov/health-alert-update-regarding-covid-19-u-s-consulate-general-amsterdam-netherlands-3/

1 hour ago, ellasmomanddad said:

It’s not a cruise seaman but I get to sit at restaurant and go bowling on Friday. I’ll take that as a win and one step closer.

They are opening up restaurants and entertainment venues in Georgia?

Just now, ellasmomanddad said:

Starting Friday certain business can reopen. No bars but restaurants yes. Gyms, fitness centers, barbers, salons, and bowling alleys can open. Other businesses will start the following week.

Wow.  I'm so jealous.  We were one of the first states to lockdown and I'm thinking our Governor will extend it.  I'm going stir crazy.  The other day I was talking to myself and I was so boring I walked out of the room.  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellasmomanddad said:

Starting Friday certain business can reopen. No bars but restaurants yes. Gyms, fitness centers, barbers, salons, and bowling alleys can open. Other businesses will start the following week.

oh oh , these guys were thinking 2021  . lol 

9 hours ago, ellasmomanddad said:

Uh oh.....it's not the economy that's going to be booming, this will result in a Covid-19 disaster for the US of A.....!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Wow.  I'm so jealous.  We were one of the first states to lockdown and I'm thinking our Governor will extend it.  I'm going stir crazy.  The other day I was talking to myself and I was so boring I walked out of the room.  lol

And don't forget your posts here on CC! 

Couldn't resist.

15 hours ago, ellasmomanddad said:

Well good luck have patrons.

Here an interesting article with statistics I've been waiting to see. It compares the average number of deaths in various places to what it currently is with the covid19 pandemic. It clearly shows that there are DEFINITELY MORE deaths currently than the historical average. This refutes the notion that covid19 is fake news and the reported deaths attributed to covid19 would have died anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/21/world/coronavirus-missing-deaths.html?referringSource=articleShare

36 minutes ago, J9sling said:

Just heard back from our NCL customer service rep by email and she said the next announcement of cruise cancellations will be going out later this week or early next week.

Thanks for this but read my earlier post from yesterday. This is old news. A good bet cancelled to 28 June IMHO.