RCL announces cruises restarting mid Jun when the no sail order is in effect

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

It's an enthusiastic piece written at a time of great doubt and the odds being against it considering the EU's mindset of just halting all travel from outsiders into the EU and posts like this:

https://www.ptamsterdam.com/cruises-cancelled-departing-from-amsterdam/

The port authorities have a larger say so than the cruise industry itself.

Based on the dates, I'd say that list corresponds to what the cruise lines have published so far. Doesn't show past early June. 

I'd be more impressed if they showed it going out further. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Where did you get that idea?  The CDC no sail order, as it is currently constructed runs through July 24

The count begins in March.  100 days put you in June.  All the cruise lines have tentative start dates in June.  They work with the
CDC and they have actual knowledge, and not speculation found on these boards. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, datolim said:

Pipe dream, tell me which country will allow gathering of a few thousand people who fly from many different places then eat, party, etc. in close proximity sharing elevators, handrails, theater, dining with NO social distancing.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

The count begins in March.  100 days put you in June.  All the cruise lines have tentative start dates in June.  They work with the
CDC and they have actual knowledge, and not speculation found on these boards. 

No sir, the 100 day order starts count upon publishing of the order in the federal register. Federal register has recorded the order as published April 15. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No sir, the 100 day order starts count upon publishing of the order in the federal register. Federal register has recorded the order as published April 15. 

Well, no use arguing with you since you seem to know more than all the cruise lines executives and legal teams, and the published reports that the start date is March 14, 2020 and the amendment in April was to extend it for 100 days (from the start date).  Since the billion dollar industry does not have a clue, hopefully you can get on their boards and explain it to them.  In the mean time, I think I'm going with the groups that need to know this info, like the billion dollar industry. 

All this is doing is random speculation, and much false info and than throw in some conspiracy theory to top it off. 

At this time, no one knows if the 100 days (in June) will stick, but if it does, the cruise lines will have a full ship ready to go.  If the CDC extends it again (extension from March 14), than they will issue refunds.   But until than, like any business, they are anticipating making money in June.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, no use arguing with you since you seem to know more than all the cruise lines executives and legal teams, and the published reports that the start date is March 14, 2020 and the amendment in April was to extend it for 100 days (from the start date).  Since the billion dollar industry does not have a clue, hopefully you can get on their boards and explain it to them.  In the mean time, I think I'm going with the groups that need to know this info, like the billion dollar industry. 

All this is doing is random speculation, and much false info and than throw in some conspiracy theory to top it off. 

At this time, no one knows if the 100 days (in June) will stick, but if it does, the cruise lines will have a full ship ready to go.  If the CDC extends it again (extension from March 14), than they will issue refunds.   But until than, like any business, they are anticipating making money in June.

Whatever dude, read the order-it is VERY black and white; the March 14 order was rescinded. 

• Like 1

At this time, no one knows if the 100 days (in June) will stick, but if it does, the cruise lines will have a full ship ready to go.  

"Full Ship" is questionable at best.   Of course irrelevant since they won't be sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sailing in Oct. Just bought the drink package after it dropped 16 dollars a day. Followed up with another 500 towards the remaining balance. Either we go, or we don’t. Don’t care to get wrapped around the axel worrying about it. 

I have yet to see any talk of the logistics of getting the ships ready to restart cruising.  Imagine the logistics of starting up an entire cruise line???  I doubt very much if they'd be able to staff the entire fleet at a moments notice.  Travel for thousands of ship's crew, hotel staff, bar and restaurant staff, rehearsals for entertainers...the thought is mind boggling!  If and when cruising starts again, I'd expect to see it start with a few ships, with limited options on the ships and perhaps reduced staff.  No doubt in my mind that it's going to be very different, whenever it starts!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fdthird said:

I have yet to see any talk of the logistics of getting the ships ready to restart cruising.  Imagine the logistics of starting up an entire cruise line???  I doubt very much if they'd be able to staff the entire fleet at a moments notice.  Travel for thousands of ship's crew, hotel staff, bar and restaurant staff, rehearsals for entertainers...the thought is mind boggling!  If and when cruising starts again, I'd expect to see it start with a few ships, with limited options on the ships and perhaps reduced staff.  No doubt in my mind that it's going to be very different, whenever it starts!

Not to mention renovating the ship clinic to a mini hospital. Setting up the hospital ship and residence ship for quarantine.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:51 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I cannot imagine that the few people that are naive enough to think that the cruise lines are going to be sailing the end of June beginning of July are contributing a significant amount of money to Royal’s bank account.  It is about trying to deal with the  issuing of refunds and FCC’s in a controlled manner and not overwhelming their call centre. 

I agree with it having to do with issuing refunds etc.

However the CDC can lift the no-sail rule at anytime before expiration or as expiration approaches, they can extend it.

8 minutes ago, gatour said:

I agree with it having to do with issuing refunds etc.

However the CDC can lift the no-sail rule at anytime before expiration or as expiration approaches, they can extend it.

Read your statement as, whenever the cruise lines have complied with the CDC order.

Edited by datolim
Xxxxxxxxxxx

On 4/21/2020 at 11:59 AM, johnjen said:

It's an enthusiastic piece written at a time of great doubt and the odds being against it considering the EU's mindset of just halting all travel from outsiders into the EU and posts like this:

https://www.ptamsterdam.com/cruises-cancelled-departing-from-amsterdam/

The port authorities have a larger say so than the cruise industry itself.

Why is my JUNE 12 BRILLIANCE from Amsterdam not on this list?  

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Based on the dates, I'd say that list corresponds to what the cruise lines have published so far. Doesn't show past early June. 

I'd be more impressed if they showed it going out further. 

US State Dept. site says if you fly into Amsterdam you are NOT allowed to leave the airport.  How can you cruise?

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Because RCI hasn't canceled it?

I am well aware of that.  I just don't understand why they have not cancelled....I know, a game they are playing with us and our $$$

7 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

I just don't understand why they have not cancelled.

Because like all the other lines, they are cancelling about 4 weeks' sailings at a time. Very few cruise lines have anything cancelled past the end of June.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Had not seen that, what was the context of that order?

I signed on to State Department site and it had information for all or most European countries under their covid 19 posting.  I heard about it a few days ago but just checked it out this am.