RCL announces cruises restarting mid Jun when the no sail order is in effect

44 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

I signed on to State Department site and it had information for all or most European countries under their covid 19 posting.  I heard about it a few days ago but just checked it out this am.

Huh, I just looked and I can't seem to find anything about flying into Amsterdam in particular.  Just same old stuff about commiting to quarantine if coming home from Schengen countries

On 4/21/2020 at 9:11 AM, Joseph2017China said:

CDC says you can sail in June.   RCCL is a  business, and they are planning a start up process in June because that is the info they have.   Like all business, they follow the various orders and are hoping all will be well.  There is no conspiracy to take your money. 

The only sailing I can conceive of in 2020 is a toy sailboat in your bathtub.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/22/2020 at 12:13 PM, Snit13 said:

Why is my JUNE 12 BRILLIANCE from Amsterdam not on this list?  

What Biker19 said....also, RCL hasn't CONFIRMED it yet. When they confirm the port is closed, they'll add those cruises on there we do not see yet, of course, our June 22nd is not on there yet. But, considering that there's now around 37% of the total cabins unbooked (on MY cruise) I'm betting it will not sail.

I hope yours goes through ok or, if you DON'T want it, like me.....I just want the full refund if it does.

On 4/21/2020 at 2:11 PM, Joseph2017China said:

CDC says you can sail in June.   RCCL is a  business, and they are planning a start up process in June because that is the info they have.   Like all business, they follow the various orders and are hoping all will be well.  There is no conspiracy to take your money. 

You must be smoking some strong weed if you dont think RC are absolutely planning their business around being able to take and keep hold of your money!! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/22/2020 at 6:18 PM, Snit13 said:

US State Dept. site says if you fly into Amsterdam you are NOT allowed to leave the airport.  How can you cruise?

You know that theoretically a cruise ship could sail from Amsterdam even without guests from the US, right?

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

You know that theoretically a cruise ship could sail from Amsterdam even without guests from the US, right?

We are scheduled to fly from TPA to AMS on June 9 arriving June 10.  Have hotel reservations for 2 nights in Amsterdam.  We read on U S State Dept. site that if you fly into AMS you are not allowed to leave the airport.  That was last week when we read that.  Brilliance would sail from Gulf of Mexico where she was this morning most likely with crew only but if she arrives in AMS will US Citizens be permitted to leave airport to board for a cruise?  I seriously doubt that will happen.  I want refund not FCC.

NCL cancelled everything before July 1, they had a ship sailing out of Amsterdam in May and June.  Norwegian Air Shuttle is giving us a refund for a flight they cancelled out of Amsterdam on 5/29/20.  Summer in Europe not looking promising for anyone.

15 hours ago, Snit13 said:

We are scheduled to fly from TPA to AMS on June 9 arriving June 10.  Have hotel reservations for 2 nights in Amsterdam.  We read on U S State Dept. site that if you fly into AMS you are not allowed to leave the airport.  That was last week when we read that.  Brilliance would sail from Gulf of Mexico where she was this morning most likely with crew only but if she arrives in AMS will US Citizens be permitted to leave airport to board for a cruise?  I seriously doubt that will happen.  I want refund not FCC.

You may want to check that your hotel is even open.  Mine in Barcelona (not going until October) is currently closed with no idea when they will reopen.  Same thing with Hawaii, I was to fly there next month, but fortunately found out the resort I was to stay at is closed (though they never emailed to tell me that).   I had to cancel all plans for two island, three week tour to Hawaii.  

The current plan RCL posted will 100% not happen. If we are lucky the borders / quarantine requirements wil be lifted within Europe at the end of June earliest which will allow traveling within Europe. Looking at what is going on in the US currently , I doubt that before August you could travel to Europe without having to go to quarantine.

Hence, if at all there will be a mini Europe cruise season with part of the originally planed fleet not before end of July/ August.

Alaska might be cancelled completely, should the travel ban be extened by one month at least from the Canadians as having a on month Season is not worth for having all the seasonal operations by local operators to be launched. I guess this will be known by Mid May where there will be a better understanding if the pandemic is becoming under control in the USA or not.

16 hours ago, LXA350 said:

The current plan RCL posted will 100% not happen. If we are lucky the borders / quarantine requirements wil be lifted within Europe at the end of June earliest which will allow traveling within Europe. Looking at what is going on in the US currently , I doubt that before August you could travel to Europe without having to go to quarantine.

Hence, if at all there will be a mini Europe cruise season with part of the originally planed fleet not before end of July/ August.

Several countries have already started to relax border controls.  Germany is allowing border crossing for family visits and business trips. The Czech republic is allowing crossing for business. The Netherlands border is open.  Austria is allowing crossing for business and family. 

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

Several countries have already started to relax border controls.  Germany is allowing border crossing for family visits and business trips. The Czech republic is allowing crossing for business. The Netherlands border is open.  Austria is allowing crossing for business and family. 

But the countries crucial for the cruising market such as Spain, France and Italy are doing much worse and I doubt the will be ready for tourism if at all before August. Also, except on MSC, AIDA, P&O and Costa on cruise lines such as RCL a large number of cruisers are from the US and also when looking at how things are going there I also doubt that people from there can enter Europe freely without needing to quarantine themselves before August earliest.

We are booked on a July 6 Empress cruise from Cape Liberty to New England/Canada.  First of all, Canada ports are closed to cruise ships till 7/1.  This could easily be extended.  Second, what port would want a ship full of passengers from the NYC metro area to stop at their port.  Based on the NY/NJ situation, way too dangerous.

1 hour ago, starrcards said:

We are booked on a July 6 Empress cruise from Cape Liberty to New England/Canada.  First of all, Canada ports are closed to cruise ships till 7/1.  This could easily be extended.  Second, what port would want a ship full of passengers from the NYC metro area to stop at their port.  Based on the NY/NJ situation, way too dangerous.

Zero percent chance the Canadian ports are open July 1st.  Government is telling people that until there is a vaccine things will not return to normal.  I live in Nova Scotia and anyone travelling here from another province has to self quarantine for 14 days and there is no timeline in place for when that will be lifted.  So if we're not allowing people within our own country to visit, I don't see the cruise ports opening in 2 months time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crazyank said:

You are talking family and business trips. That's a far cry from leisure and foreigners traveling.

Foreign and US borders need to open completely with NO 14 day quarantine. 

• Thanks 1

I saw RC's most recent announcement about no sailing until after June 11, but I didn't see if they extended the CWC past Sept. 1. Does anyone know anything about this? Our cruise is in Sept. with final payment end of May.

2 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

I saw RC's most recent announcement about no sailing until after June 11, but I didn't see if they extended the CWC past Sept. 1. Does anyone know anything about this? Our cruise is in Sept. with final payment end of May.

CWC program has not been extended past Sept 1 at this time. 

Italy remains closed for tourists until the end of the year... That's quite something for the tourism industry in Italy.

https://nation.com.pk/26-Apr-2020/italy-to-remain-closed-for-tourism-until-end-of-year

I've booked the Explorer of the Seas which was supposed to leave on October 6 from Rome, but that is not going to happen... I'm curious if they will offer a similar cruise from a different port (from Athens maybe?) or they just cancel the whole 2020 season.