Journey Has Started For Nieuw Amsterdam, Volendam & Veendam

rjbean4

Had checked in on the ships out in the anchorages where the ships have been hanging out south of Grand Bahama earlier today and noticed there was a lot of tender activity between the ships. Today was apparently the day that crew was moved accordingly  for their rides home. They have all 3 left the area where they have been with a destination showing up on their AIS. Nieuw Amsterdam says Durban, South Africa. Volendam lists Bridgetown (probably Barbados) and Veendam is now en route to St. Thomas. They are all 3 doing 15- 17 knots located south of Abaco. Here's hoping a safe journey home for everyone and a safe return of the 3 ships in the fall. Will give me something to do to follow their journey.  Eurodam is into her journey across the Pacific and in tandem with the Royal Princess and Carnival Panorama northeast of the Hawaiian Islands. This is also to bring crew home. 

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

www.marinetraffic.com

https://www.cruisemapper.com/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thanks for keeping track of the ships for us.  Hope everyone that is going home arrive safely.

Great picture.

Its actually a video. Click on the arrow in the middle and it should play. Make sure your speakers are operational. Keeping track of the ships has become something to do while stuck at home. I have felt obligated to not go out except for essentials like grocery shopping because I am here at home with my 89 year old mom. We also don't have any family in the area as they are in Minnesota which is where we are originally from. Things are improving here in FL and some counties are starting to open back up with the beaches under strict rules. Its unfortunate with what has been going on with the senior living facilities.

Edited by rjbean4

Here is ANOTHER video from Nieuw Amsterdam. Now that they have been joined by crew from other ships will be interesting to see what other videos they come up with.

#HALSTRONG

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

Here is ANOTHER video from Nieuw Amsterdam. Now that they have been joined by crew from other ships will be interesting to see what other videos they come up with.

I had seen the previous video via FaceBook but not this one.  Thanks for posting!

• Like 2

Thanks for the update on the Nieuw Amsterdam, Volendam, and Veendam.  I check Marine Traffic, but once they are away from land, there usually isn't satellite coverage.

Also for sharing the #HAL STRONG videos.  I have seen several, and it does make us feel better to see some of those familiar faces.

I agree with your memory.  That is the same gentleman whom I saw on the Eurodam during my January Panama Canal cruise.  He was the Food and Beverage Manager on the Eurodam.  The only thing that I recall that is different:  he has trimmed the edges of what was a much larger mustache.  

9 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Thanks for the update on the Nieuw Amsterdam, Volendam, and Veendam.  I check Marine Traffic, but once they are away from land, there usually isn't satellite coverage.

Also for sharing the #HAL STRONG videos.  I have seen several, and it does make us feel better to see some of those familiar faces.

Late night greeting from the opposite end of the county. I have found that I also like to use https://www.cruisemapper.com/ as its specific to cruise ships, ferries, etc. Also shows the name of the ship when zoomed in enough. HAL ships are Yellow. I have also just joined a Facebook group called Holland America Fans and that is also where I have found the videos.

#HALSTRONG

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Notice a bunch of HAL ships on west coast of Mexico, Koningdam, Noordam, Massdam, Westerdam heading north.  Another convoy to Asia?

I doubt if it's a convoy.  I suspect that they will consolidate into one or 2 ships (perhaps 1 Indonesia and another Philippines) with the rest staying on the West Coast.  I wouldn't be surprised if a third ship went to Eurpoe.

Time will tell.

Roy