Peeking at carnival

geckoaz

Ok. Stuck at home. How many times a day are you looking at carnival cruise critic? Any specific reason? Or is it your life line? Is there an addiction center for it? Maybe a floating one called Horizon?

I’m actually still working full time and having to bring my son to work with me (who’s 4) and I find myself coming on here a lot! I have two cruises coming up , Dec 2020 and May 2021 and both ships aren’t completed yet. I am always trolling for new info and to keep my hopes up!

My frequency of visits has decreased quite a bit in the last month or so. I won't go into detail, but some of the talk this past month has gotten out of hand. Hope & optimism hasn't been very welcome within discussions; although, I am seeing it getting a little better. I'll usually log on and look to see if there's any new non-corona conversations. I'm just tired of the broken record. Since regular ole cruise talk is harder to come by, I don't stick around as long or come in as often. I really enjoy participating in the Carnival forum and can't wait until we can get back to a sense of normalcy.

• Like 10

Normally I'd log in here daily, especially when I have  cruise planned. Right now I'm only popping in two or three times a week out of boredom and see the same stuff over and over. Posts about refunds and when sailing will resume. 

• Like 6

I'm not spending as much time here simply because there are fewer posts for me to read. I am tentatively planning to cruise on the Panorama to Mexico in November 2021. It will be my first cruise in over 10 years that is neither a B2B or a Journey cruise. We will be driving, [southwestern Colorado] and will stay a week in Las Vegas after the cruise.

• Like 1

I'm with you guys. Not much new or informative on here recently. I usually take a look every day, but it doesn't take long to move on. I have an Aug. booking, so that keeps me hoping for new information.

I'm not coming as much as I did, but I'll still come a couple times a day.  In a way it's a force of habit for me. I still find information and news I don't find in other places, or get it here first.  It'll be a happy day when when I can give my opinion about tipping when there is someone to possibly tip.    

14 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

My frequency of visits has decreased quite a bit in the last month or so. I won't go into detail, but some of the talk this past month has gotten out of hand. Hope & optimism hasn't been very welcome within discussions; although, I am seeing it getting a little better. I'll usually log on and look to see if there's any new non-corona conversations. I'm just tired of the broken record. Since regular ole cruise talk is harder to come by, I don't stick around as long or come in as often. I really enjoy participating in the Carnival forum and can't wait until we can get back to a sense of normalcy.

This.

• Like 2

ha yes you just want confirmation that your cruise is happening. I might be in the minority but our cruise in Thanksgiving week and I (we) plan on going.

I wonder if some of the negative talk is from stock investor trying to effect the stock price

Edited by cardinalscott
  • Like 1

You can always buy a book thru Amazon about what it’s like to work on a Carnival ship.  I read several and they kept me entertained for a while.  Lots of wild stuff goes on behind those employee only deck doors 😉

• Like 2

18 hours ago, James4me said:

You can always buy a book thru Amazon about what it’s like to work on a Carnival ship.  I read several and they kept me entertained for a while.  Lots of wild stuff goes on behind those employee only deck doors 😉

That sounds like fun as well!  Thanks for the suggestion👍😄

On 4/25/2020 at 5:36 PM, James4me said:

Give us some titles.

We spend time on youtube. Watched a few seasons of "the cruise"...because we were supposed to leave for miami today for horizon...we watch a cruise blog with a young guy taking a group on the horizon. It was well edited. I have read cruise ship confidential by bruns? First one good. Wife googled cruise ship.horror movies ..did not realize one of jason was on cruise ship..and then we googled comedies..lots out there but we finally pulled out movies of our cruises. My wife has weekly zoom cocktail party with her cruise friends from the breeze.

Edited by geckoaz

With today's announcement that they've cancelled through August, I think non-COVID threads are more important than ever here in our little corner of Cruise Critic. In about a month and a half, the forum has lost a lot of traffic and a vast majority of the traffic that still exists is nothing but COVID talk. Now we have about 4 more months of no Carnival cruises happening, so I'd hate to think what this forum's going to look like if it continues down the path of doom & gloom. So many people still have cruises scheduled well beyond the shut-down, with many more people scheduling something in the near future I'm sure, so there's still plenty of cruising to discuss. I'm a glass-half-empty kind of guy and even I think all the pessimism has gotten old.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, geckoaz said:

We spend time on youtube. Watched a few seasons of "the cruise"...because we were supposed to leave for miami today for horizon...we watch a cruise blog with a young guy taking a group on the horizon. It was well edited. I have read cruise ship confidential by bruns? First one good. Wife googled cruise ship.horror movies ..did not realize one of jason was on cruise ship..and then we googled comedies..lots out there but we finally pulled out movies of our cruises. My wife has weekly zoom cocktail party with her cruise friends from the breeze.

If you’re looking for some cruise comedy movies:

On 4/30/2020 at 6:20 PM, crusinpsychRN said:

Great selection. NSS.  If OP could tell us what they liked I'd be prone to go that direction first.

All 4 of the Cruise Confidential Series by Brian Bruns

I never knew these boards had so many Dr's and experts on the virus. 😀

I come here once a day, but it is getting old with the same old threads. They are practically all the same,maybe slightly different wording,but still the same. imo

• Like 1

Our June cruise was cancelled and we are now booked for October 2021.  I am here a few times a day and have saved a bit of money because of information on this board.  I have gotten 2 price reductions and saved a lot when we were able to snag the sale on drink packages.  We have also bought CCL stock after doing some research here...see it isn't time wasted lol.

• Like 1