Anyone else think this year's Black Friday sales will be excellent?

jeremyosborne81

Seems like, with people being gun shy to get on a ship again, the cruise industry will have to offer something great.

I ask because my 40th birthday is October 2021 and Celebrity has a good deal on a nice cruise for that time right now, but I think I should hang on and buy later.

16 minutes ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

Seems like, with people being gun shy to get on a ship again, the cruise industry will have to offer something great.

I ask because my 40th birthday is October 2021 and Celebrity has a good deal on a nice cruise for that time right now, but I think I should hang on and buy later.

They will be great, I Am sure to entice many back and new passengers aboard!

bon voyage

• Like 1

I don't think there will be bargain basement prices.  There will be many, many FCC's out there with a set value.  Keeping prices near current levels will burn through those FCC's.  Since FCCs can't be used to pay a deposit booking with a FCC generates a small amount of cash.

Currently the FCC I have would cover about  100% of the cost for a identical cruise next spring after I paid the deposit.  So if I book at the current pricing X generates some cash and gets the FCC off the books.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I don't think there will be bargain basement prices.  There will be many, many FCC's out there with a set value.  Keeping prices near current levels will burn through those FCC's. 

Cruising has been suspended for only about 3 months (till June and counting) with lots of FCCs out there right now.  Yes, X is trying to get cancelled passengers to "spend" them, but X is selling cruises thru 2022 now....how far will those FCCs go to fill the ships for several years.  Not far I'm afraid.

Who else is booking now?   How long will the "suspension" go on?

Great deals are coming....But, will enough people (without FCCs to spend) want them?  

What an interesting thought.   

I hadn’t really thought about Black Friday Sales...

We are looking - but holding off at the moment to see how the next couple of months go...

Still waiting on final refund for our 03/15 Eclipse Cruise...

Alaska is slowly entering Phase 1...

One step at a time.   

10 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

Great deals are coming....But, will enough people (without FCCs to spend) want them? 

🙋‍♀️ Me, please.  We only have one cruise on the books right now for March, 2021.  When all this started I had 100% confidence that it would sail as planned.  Now, I'm quite skeptical.  But when the deals do come, we will take advantage of them.  Getting back on a ship will be slow for many and we will certainly make the decision with an abundance of caution, but we will be near the front of the line.  This, I know.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Von & John said:

What an interesting thought.   

I hadn’t really thought about Black Friday Sales...

We are looking - but holding off at the moment to see how the next couple of months go...

Still waiting on final refund for our 03/15 Eclipse Cruise...

Alaska is slowly entering Phase 1...

One step at a time.   

We are looking too.  I can't help myself.  I guess it's become part of my morning coffee routine.  But like you, we aren't pulling the trigger on anything until ships start sailing again, the protocols get in place with the kinks worked out, and I've read a review or two on how sailing under the new normal shakes out.  After that, I'm game!

• Like 3

I've had 2 cruises cancelled and the same cruises next year are at a significantly higher price. I suspect that prices will go down once the FCC have expired, but not at this time. The rule of supply and demand will be a significant factor in pricing. Add that to the need for revenue and increased debt and I believe that bargains will be rare.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting about possible Black Friday sales.  It made me think that the world will move forward one way or another.  I might even get to dine with my family on Thanksgiving!  It gave me a little chuckle today and restored some hope.😄  Thank you!

• Like 3

Too many FCC out there to have an amazing sales on the cabin/suite rate.  The sales will be on how to get money after you are on the cruise... so the sales will be on things like dining package, photo package, internet package, excursion, drink package, etc...

Edited by lostchild

On 4/30/2020 at 8:51 AM, Orator said:

I've had 2 cruises cancelled and the same cruises next year are at a significantly higher price. I suspect that prices will go down once the FCC have expired, but not at this time. The rule of supply and demand will be a significant factor in pricing. Add that to the need for revenue and increased debt and I believe that bargains will be rare.

FCC demand will support prices in 2021 and to some extent early 2022 but not summer of 2022 unless they extend the FCC departure dates. So there may be some decent summer 2022 sales on Black Friday.