Website issue (I think)

nattie

So we have Aug cruise on Enchanted Princess scheduled. So far I am not planning to cancel and with new deals rolling out I was actually considering adding another one to make it B2B. Every time I try to price out the new cruise I get as far as choosing a cabin and than get "something went wrong, please use brochure and call us" message. Is it because they are in lockdown mode now?

Even if you can book it the cruise will not be on the  Enchanted Princess. The ship is very far behind becasue of Covid-19 and the shutdown of the ship yard. With Princess looking at put half the current fleet into cold layup they are in no hurry to take delivery of another ship. 

Besides because of Covid-19 I believe they will be making some changes to the ship. So when it is sailing they can claim safest cruise ship in the World. Changes to Air systems on the ship, changes to the dinning on the ship with a major redesign of the buffet areas. Some cabins set aside as isolation cabins.... I do not see the Enchanted Princess sailing in 2020.

Just had an issue with EZ Air.  It wouldn't let me select a return flight even after showing choices.  I tried iPad, Chrome and Edge before trying Windows Explorer.  Believe it or not, only Explorer worked.  So, keep trying different browsers until one works.  It was worth the effort because I was able to rebook November/December flights to/from Rome with better schedules at lower prices. 

Yes, I realize the likelihood of the cruise happening probably decreases at the same, or faster, rate as the airfares.😨  However, there is nothing to lose with flexible pricing.

Edited by AJs Grandpa
typo
  • Like 1

I have also been having problems with the Princess website.

I am trying to rebook my EZair at the new lower price. I get to the return flight and try to click on the select button, but everything is frozen. This has been happening for the past six hours. I’ve tried on two different computers and I get the same result.

I cannot get pricing for future cruises. That may be intentional as P figures things out.

The IT dept is working remotely as everyone else at P which has required P to restructure their system. Good thing no one is sailing for another couple months while they fix everything!

10 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Even if you can book it the cruise will not be on the  Enchanted Princess. The ship is very far behind becasue of Covid-19 and the shutdown of the ship yard. With Princess looking at put half the current fleet into cold layup they are in no hurry to take delivery of another ship. 

Enchanted Princess was due to set out on her sea trials the week of March 11 but didn't due to the virus. The ship is less than two months away from being delivered under normal circumstances. Fincantieri is reopening and I suspect while it will take longer than normal to deliver her, she will be delivered in the coming months. Princess can't defer delivery of a ship that is practically complete. To me it makes more sense to bring on a new ship and layup an older one.

The site has been doing this whole error upon cabin selection for weeks now for me. You can get past it if you're not logged in but you won't get the 'past guest' pricing that way. I just called and they took care of me very efficiently.

Edited by tntornadox