Captain Morton Jablin

Had the pleasure of meeting the Captain over the past years (maybe as many as 10) always while aboard Navigator.  Most-recently was during a June, '18 Panama Canal transit.  Early-on, he "navigated" by himself; more-recently, as eyesight lessened, always accompanied by a ship's Officer.  Same table, and table time for lunch, tea, and dinner when at Compass Rose.

Spouse and I would initially introduce ourselves at the beginning of a particular cruise.  His recent reply:  "I can't see you any more; but, I recognize your voices.  Nice to meet you again."

GOARMY!

• Like 1

I have known Mr. Jablin for Over 30 years. I knew his wife Charlotte, who passed away about 15 years ago and I even knew his parents- longevity runs in his family. He has a lovely condo in Boca Raton, Florida.

His son, grandson, and great grandchildren live in Boca as well and I am sure they are taking good care of him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now that really is a nice story, it makes you think what really makes one happy.  Wishing he and everyone can cruise soon.  We have a cruise booked on the Navigator - hope the Mr. Jablin is on the cruise.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Mort passed away last night at 99. I true gentleman who always said " I am a happy old man. "  RIP Mort. We will always miss you and remember you. When he left the ship many tears.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

So sad to hear this.  He was such a sweet man.  The staff and many passengers just loved him.  We were fortunate to have dinner with him once many years ago. He was the consummate gentleman 

Capt. Jablin crossed my mind yesterday out of the blue.  We crossed paths on the Navigator in 2017.  I was a Navy brat so I had to introduce myself as we were both walking on the upper deck.  I guess his spirit was giving a final salute.  

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 2:51 PM, BBWC said:

His picture looks like the Capt who was living on the Mariner last Sep-Oct.  Are there two different Captains living on Regent?  

5 hours ago, marycruz said:

His picture looks like the Capt who was living on the Mariner last Sep-Oct.  Are there two different Captains living on Regent?  

No, that is THE Captain.  For many many years he was on Navigator.  After COVID he went to Mariner.  We saw him in November.  He will be missed. 

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

No, that is THE Captain.  For many many years he was on Navigator.  After COVID he went to Mariner.  We saw him in November.  He will be missed. 

I'm so sorry to hear this.  We spoke with him many times and assisted him walking with him to his table in the Horizon lounge at times when the girls were busy and to his dinner table.  He was interesting to talk to and a real gentleman.   Yes, he definitely will be missed and amongst the staff as well.

• Like 1