HAL Cancels All 2020 Alaska, Europe and Canada Sailings

Seacruise

I had projected back in March that we wouldn't see a start to cruising again until at least the November Caribbean season begins (perhaps along with South America and Australia) so this appears to be heading in that direction. I know Carnival wants to start back up in August in the Caribbean but I have a feeling that won't stick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pushka said:

I have just over a week before final payment for my July Med Cruise. Time is ticking for me. 

I personally would not make final payment.  You are in a tough spot with losing your deposit if you cancel before they do.   But I would not give them even more of my money at this point for cruises that will just not happen.  I know if they cancel you will be entitled to a refund or FCC.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Princess is starting Carribean in September.  So you have Carnival in August (partial), Princess in September, HAL in mid October.  It sounds like a gradual start up.

I wonder what RCL will do?

If you look at what CCL is doing they are staging their ships by cruiser age.  Carnival has the youngest cruisers, Princess next, and then HAL.

I don't see an option for a refund;

Those with impacted cruises will automatically be cancelled, and all guests will receive a Future Cruise Credit per person as follows:
• Paid in Full: Those who had paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Holland America Line.
• Not Paid in Full: Those with bookings not paid in full will receive a Future Cruise Credit of double the amount of the deposit paid for the cruise. The minimum Future Cruise Credit is $100 and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cruise fare paid.

45 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I got one in January... 4 cancelled. January was great though. 🙂

I remember January....  back when Kobe was alive, & we went to Disneyland on Wednesdays & Fridays, & brunch on Sundays & all was right with the world...:classic_sad:

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I personally would not make final payment.  You are in a tough spot with losing your deposit if you cancel before they do.   But I would not give them even more of my money at this point for cruises that will just not happen.  I know if they cancel you will be entitled to a refund or FCC.  

I took the plunge and called Celebrity and took advantage of their transfer offer to next year. Same ship - Edge, and same sweet deal as I got this year. Not sure if we will proceed then if there is no vaccine but this does give us a lot of time to figure that out. 

• Like 3

On 5/7/2020 at 2:58 PM, WonderMan3 said:

I had projected back in March that we wouldn't see a start to cruising again until at least the November Caribbean season begins (perhaps along with South America and Australia) so this appears to be heading in that direction. I know Carnival wants to start back up in August in the Caribbean but I have a feeling that won't stick.

Australia won’t be opening our borders to the northern hemisphere this year I suspect.

Edited by Ronin23

We just cancelled our 11/23/2020 America's cruise on the Reflection.  IF cruises are even happening by then, not sure what the experience would be.  Still have August 2021 Baltic cruise on the books, and hopeful that a vaccine and/or treatment will be found, and the experience will be better (already knowing that some things will change, like the self-service buffet, etc.).