NSW police questionnaire

47 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

Very good point, thanks...   Attached is part of the certificate of the NSW questionnaire portal (much more if one scrolls down), looks all legit to me.  What do you think?  (for those that do not know, to see it on Chrome click on the lock icon, then certificate, and then details).  And BTW the site is encrypted.

Certificate.png

Certificates can be faked very easily.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Question: If it is genuine and he refuses to co-operate could he be banned from entering Australia in the future? And would that in turn create trouble entering the USA/Other countries? If the answer to that question is yes. Then send it back because loyalty to a cruise line is not worth that.

No.

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

First step ring the NSW Police and see if it is genuine. And what it not be the Australian Federal Police pursuing this sort of thing?

Sorry to say, but you must mot have been following what has been happening regarding inquiries into the Ruby Princess fiasco. The investigation is run by the NSW Police, not the Australian Federal Police.

1 hour ago, bluesea321 said:

Geeshh...  Like "t&atravel" said above, the information is not shared by email but by going into the secure portal of the Australia NSW police.  One can ignore the complete request if desired or assist with the investigation and leave off the passport number or any other info.  They got the Passport number from Princess anyway whether folks here like it or not (the minute anyone steps into a foreign flag ship one is subject to the laws of that flag, not the US).  Keep in mind that anything anyone provided to Princess is on that black box the police seized. 

Information about passengers is not stored on the black box that police seized in their dramatic night-time raid - conveniently photographed by the media who were somehow able to access a secure wharf. The 'black box' (called a voyage data recorder) is from the bridge of the ship and is the equivalent of a flight recorder on an aircraft. It records all conversations on the navigation bridge and other information including the date and time, ship's position, speed and heading etc. Absolutely, nothing to do with passengers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesea321 said:

As The Australian article states:  "Police will then conduct interviews with those who give noteworthy responses, with a team of 30 detectives being led by the state's homicide squad."

I don't want to sound cynical, but I like the line "conduct interviews with those who give noteworthy responses". Does this mean that police will interview passengers who give information critical of Princess, but ignore those who say that there were announcements and printed information about health and/or coronavirus and that there was extra cleaning. BTW, that is was a few different people on CC have said happened on both voyages.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Idratherbeatsea said:

. Everything from cabin number, dinner table number, who was at our table. Also wanted passport and drivers license number. Questions were about Covid-19 and Princess’s actions.

Right my just two cents worth.... it seams legit... but the questions

Cabin Number see Princess ( answer see princess )

Dinner table number    A bit silly  do anytime dinning would have no idea of table number

omg what if ate at the buffet of had room service.... names of people  I do not remember names well   ( answer I have no idea )

Passport  see Princess ( answer see princess )

Driver licence what if one does not drive  not needed have passport....( answer NA )

Questions about Covid-19 and Princess passengers would not know what is happening in the medial center and most actions would relies on memory ...

you are on holiday.....

you could tell them about the Vibe.... ( answer is was the vibe ... but i did see this....)

Right off the soap box

Have a great day Don

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Eeek - lots of, um, advice on here? I'm a Police Officer in Canada. 

There's contact info, if you feel comfortable , call them? This mass type of fan out is becoming a bit more common these days, we used it in Vancouver for the riots.

If you aren't comfortable, call your local Police non-emergency number. They can send a "CPIC Message" to the Mounties (well, probably Mounty, singular lol) in Australia to verify with your Police agency of home jurisdiction that it is a real request 🙂

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

Certificates can be faked very easily.

Certificates are not difficult to create however try getting my browser to trust it.  But nonetheless, I am not going to debate that on a cruise forum.  🙄

3 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Well... if you look at the form you can see that the DL # is not starred, i.e., "not required".  And regarding your other questions, just think a bit.... the NSW needs to confirm that you are who you say you are and thus the answers you provide are valid.  Otherwise anyone could fill out the form, even those that were not on the sailing.

As The Australian article states:  "Police will then conduct interviews with those who give noteworthy responses, with a team of 30 detectives being led by the state's homicide squad."

Homicide squad? Seriously? Are they looking to charge princess or persons on board the ship or at the corporate level with Murder? IF charged and convicted surely Princess and by extension carnival grouping as a whole including the Cunard Queen Elizabeth will be finished in Australia?

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Homicide squad? Seriously? Are they looking to charge princess or persons on board the ship or at the corporate level with Murder? IF charged and convicted surely Princess and by extension carnival grouping as a whole including the Cunard Queen Elizabeth will be finished in Australia?

Homicide and counter terrorism squad are investigating it.

It is a massive cover up to shield our governments incompetence by letting the ship disembark passengers infected with that dreaded virus. The decisions have been made to charge Princess and crew members already. If you check this website: https://www.rubyprincessinquiry.nsw.gov.au/hearings/ you will see that the government already has a list of all the passengers that reported as sick. It will only be a matter of time before the NSW police turn their attention to the international guests who presented as sick on the cruise and then start investigating them for bringing a virus into our country.

They have already raided the ship and taken personal mobile phones off senior officers and Doctors, taken the navigation and data recorders from the bridge and taken all files relating to the passengers.

If you want proof that this is a stitch up them look at this news interview with the NSW police commissioner https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-13/mick-fuller-ruby-princess-coronavirus-kitchen-galley/12144994?nw=0 with his defamatory and heavily biased comments about a crew member spreading it. This demonstrates a complete lack of judgement, extreme bias and a one tracked investigation. Records indicate the majority of the crew posted on the ship in October and November. If a new crew member posted on Ruby Princess on the 8th March then he would have already had that information and be able to identify a suspect. He makes it clear it is just a suspicion but it is 100% clear that he intends to railroad Princess, defame their crew and hang the entire cruise line based on this. This is the epitome of incompetence.

Also this is behind a paywall but it appears the NSW Premier intervened directly to give this police commissioner a heft pay rise at the same time the Ruby Princess investigation is ongoing: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fnews%2Fnsw%2Fnsw-police-commissioner-mick-fullers-major-payday%2Fnews-story%2F92cbca81f9f0c10981a434c93a323e70&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium

One would not want to think there could be some sort of corruption going on here. To be on a salary worth more than the Prime Minister of Australia and 3 times more than what the Los Angeles Police Commissioner earns.

The question is if you get these surveys, is this the type of police force you would trust with your personal information?

Edited by DiamondFour

12 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

My advice--DO NOT send any personal info. They will already have it. I would not give any names of fellow dining mates either. Just say you do not have that information. Answer truthfully but reservedly. I would not suggest you ignore the e.mail though. A phone call to the police department would be a good idea but do not use the number they give you. If it is a scam that will be bogus.  

Try the Australian Embassy in your own capital. They should help you figure this all out.

Good Luck!!!

You are correct. All the information except driving license would already be available.

The passport information would be in the ships manifest. Ship would have list of occupants of each state room and list of table occupants at traditional dining.

This survey from the NSW police has been checked out by many Ruby passengers (mar 8 to 19).  It does come from them. Some passengers claimed to receive one per cabin and some for each passenger in the cabin and some never got it.

Passport information is already provided by Immigration..this it a check to make sure it is the person they want.  

It is a survey that is looking for information that is aimed at finding Princess libel for the covid on board and killing Australians.  Absolutely , no concern about what happened to the 900 international passengers.  No questions regarding embarkation or disembarkation, that would involve Australian agencies. 

Not sure if the survey for Mar 8th cruise is different from the survey for the cruise two weeks prior. My  email did say they were questioning passengers from both cruises.

We received our survey about a 3 weeks ago.

Questions are related to ..over cleaning of the ship..a lot of passengers in isolation..sick passengers walking around coughing..videos or photos of people being taken off ship/or sent to cabin ..where did you eat (remember there are two anytime dining rooms and buffet and specialty)..where did you spend most of day...did you get off ship..what tours you took.  and of course the covid question..do/did you get it.

I found a way to indicate my disappointment that the health department never checked us getting on or off.  Also stated, passengers were expecting to be delayed (like on Mar 8th) when disembarking, but NSW health never bothered.  Of course, I will never be contacted because I did not blame Princess. Looks like only those with complaints got a phone call and additional "testimony" to be signed.

One passenger did send her video of the Baked Alaska parade on the last night and once in police hands..it was dubbed..the sick crew coughing all over the passengers and having a dance party. The police are looking to blame Princess and take any all responsibility away from any other australian agencies.

What is strange is the investigation that is currently going on now... so far the Australian Police are not part of it.  I have been watching..and so far the blame is on the NSW health..the did not do their job and come on board. Plan and simple.  Also, this investigation showed that there was no covid patients on the cruise before, something that is being claimed by some Mar 8th passengers who are suing Princess for neglect.

Of course, there is more testimony to hear..but NSW health..did not follow their own policies.  Not sure why the police sent out a survey if..so far..they are not cooperating with the current hearing.

BTW..NSW Health did not notify international passengers until the next day that 3 covid positive patients got off the ship.  In fact, many passengers did not get either a phone call from them or an email. But it is only the international passengers being blamed for bring on the covid.  900 international passengers and 1800 Australian passengers..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Not sure why the police sent out a survey if..so far..they are not cooperating with the current hearing.

The NSW police started their investigation before the Special Commission of Inquiry. That is thanks to NSW Opposition leader Jodi McKay (who also helped get the crew repatriated) immensely who was vocal in an independent inquiry was needed. I did not vote for her party at the last election and stuck to my regular political party and now it has shaken my political beliefs to the core. I also have been watching the SPI and it is impartial and I am sure whatever it finds will be honest and truthful (I hope).

The NSW police commissioner has constantly acted in a way that displays bias and hatred towards the cruise industry and in particular Princess. I am sure he will lay criminal charges and I am sure the defence lawyers will have a field day. He made a rookie mistake when he blamed the crew member in the above video and he has made constant comments about never wanting to see the ship come back and glad it is gone. In my opinion the man is a disgrace and I have lost all respect for the NSW police force all because of his biased, immature and childish accusations that Princess is 100% responsible all to protect his political bosses who have generously given him a pay rise. The man runs the police force in a state with a population of 7.5 million and makes more money than our own Prime Minister as well as the Police Commissioner of Los Angeles!?!?!?! I will never again respect and look up to the NSW police force over this. I have been cruising for longer than I have been alive and know the industry well. I am happy to call out mistakes when they do make them but I will not sit back and watch a stitch up job to destroy the cruise industry and Princess cruises in Australia all because our government was asleep at the wheel and did not have a plan in the event that a cruise ship docked with that dreaded virus on it. I am just so disgusted be the whole situation and totally ashamed to be Australian over the way our country has treated cruise ships and their crews who needed help to get home.

8 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

I will never again respect and look up to the NSW police force over this.

The NSW police force is the direct descendant of the Rum Corps. It has always been an organisation willing to do the bidding of its political masters for favours received. Look up Sir Robert Askin. Things have not changed one bit.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

8 hours ago, the_thunderbird said:

Eeek - lots of, um, advice on here? I'm a Police Officer in Canada. 

There's contact info, if you feel comfortable , call them? This mass type of fan out is becoming a bit more common these days, we used it in Vancouver for the riots.

If you aren't comfortable, call your local Police non-emergency number. They can send a "CPIC Message" to the Mounties (well, probably Mounty, singular lol) in Australia to verify with your Police agency of home jurisdiction that it is a real request 🙂

Thank you, a very reasonable response. 

54 minutes ago, caribill said:

Can you post a link to the NZ/Australia boards?

On the opening page for Cruise Critic, go about two-thirds of the way down the page, past the Roll Calls and past the Special Interest cruises. It is listed as Australia and New Zealand Cruisers.

Edited by Aus Traveller

2 hours ago, DiamondFour said:

The NSW police started their investigation before the Special Commission of Inquiry. That is thanks to NSW Opposition leader Jodi McKay (who also helped get the crew repatriated) immensely who was vocal in an independent inquiry was needed. I did not vote for her party at the last election and stuck to my regular political party and now it has shaken my political beliefs to the core. I also have been watching the SPI and it is impartial and I am sure whatever it finds will be honest and truthful (I hope).

The NSW police commissioner has constantly acted in a way that displays bias and hatred towards the cruise industry and in particular Princess. I am sure he will lay criminal charges and I am sure the defence lawyers will have a field day. He made a rookie mistake when he blamed the crew member in the above video and he has made constant comments about never wanting to see the ship come back and glad it is gone. In my opinion the man is a disgrace and I have lost all respect for the NSW police force all because of his biased, immature and childish accusations that Princess is 100% responsible all to protect his political bosses who have generously given him a pay rise. The man runs the police force in a state with a population of 7.5 million and makes more money than our own Prime Minister as well as the Police Commissioner of Los Angeles!?!?!?! I will never again respect and look up to the NSW police force over this. I have been cruising for longer than I have been alive and know the industry well. I am happy to call out mistakes when they do make them but I will not sit back and watch a stitch up job to destroy the cruise industry and Princess cruises in Australia all because our government was asleep at the wheel and did not have a plan in the event that a cruise ship docked with that dreaded virus on it. I am just so disgusted be the whole situation and totally ashamed to be Australian over the way our country has treated cruise ships and their crews who needed help to get home.

Just for balance, I am no way ashamed of the way this enquiry is being conducted and I find your posts ridiculous. There has been plenty come out that indicates Princess has plenty to answer for. As I've said before this is an incredible one off incident that no one had any experience dealing with - Health officials, police, border control, Princess staff. There will be some lessons learnt, fines issued, and we move on. That is no disrespect meant to the people that lost their lives.

To say it is a stitch up is idiotic.

21 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Definitely not when you take this into consideration: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-13/mick-fuller-ruby-princess-coronavirus-kitchen-galley/12144994?nw=0

The police invesstigation is nothing more than "stitch up" and "get Princess" operation. When you combine that with the one sided survey they are sending out it becomes 100% clear that the police operation is a stitch up and politically motivated and corrupt. 

After viewing the Special Commission of Inquiry run by Bret Walker SC an Australian Barrister then it is more professional and unbiased.

The only difference between a police officer and barristers and lawyers are that the barristers and lawyers actually had the intelligence to attain a higher and more professional level of employment. People who really want to serve the community would have joined the Army instead.

COVID-QUESTIONAIRE_rnSSc1FYG.jpg

15 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

Definitely not when you take this into consideration: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-13/mick-fuller-ruby-princess-coronavirus-kitchen-galley/12144994?nw=0

The police invesstigation is nothing more than "stitch up" and "get Princess" operation. When you combine that with the one sided survey they are sending out it becomes 100% clear that the police operation is a stitch up and politically motivated and corrupt. 

After viewing the Special Commission of Inquiry run by Bret Walker SC an Australian Barrister then it is more professional and unbiased.

The only difference between a police officer and barristers and lawyers are that the barristers and lawyers actually had the intelligence to attain a higher and more professional level of employment. People who really want to serve the community would have joined the Army instead.

COVID-QUESTIONAIRE_rnSSc1FYG.jpg

I think, old mate, you have a chip on your shoulder.

I'm loyal to Princess and essentially I don't care whether they are found as guilty as hell. I'll still be back cruising with them as soon as I can. It seems to me though that they have stuffed up a bit on this - cop the punishment and get on with the show. Most people accept that this is a terrible one off that no one knows how to handle until it lands in your lap. If there was a history of negligence we would have a major problem bu this situation is something none of us is likely to see again. 

52 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Just for balance, I am no way ashamed of the way this enquiry is being conducted and I find your posts ridiculous. There has been plenty come out that indicates Princess has plenty to answer for. As I've said before this is an incredible one off incident that no one had any experience dealing with - Health officials, police, border control, Princess staff. There will be some lessons learnt, fines issued, and we move on. That is no disrespect meant to the people that lost their lives.

I agree with your comment that the Ruby Princess incident was an incredible one off incident and I believe it is reasonable to have an investigation to see what went wrong. That is what it should be - an investigation not a witch hunt against Princess, NSW Health, Border Force or trying to find the person who took the virus on board. It would be helpful to find out how and why the government systems broke down, but I don't know why we have to have at least two separate and expensive parallel enquiries.

From what I have seen, the current Enquiry is fair but I believe DiamondFour was referring to the Police investigation. Sometimes I haven't agreed with DiamondFour's comments, but on this one I think he has a good point. From what the Police Commissioner said on many occasions, and the fact that the media were on hand to take photos of the 'raid' on the Ruby Princess, the Commissioner had his mind made up before any investigation started. The whole thing could be political.

To announce that it is a 'criminal investigation' into the cruise line (that was the comment - not an investigation, but a criminal investigation into the cruise line), and then state at the start that they hid facts, does not instill confidence in the impartiality of the investigation.  I hope I am proven wrong and that the police involved act differently from their boss.

The best thing about the current Enquiry (totally separate from the police one) is that once the information is made public, the police investigation has to consider it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DiamondFour said:

Homicide and counter terrorism squad are investigating it.

It is a massive cover up to shield our governments incompetence by letting the ship disembark passengers infected with that dreaded virus. The decisions have been made to charge Princess and crew members already. If you check this website: https://www.rubyprincessinquiry.nsw.gov.au/hearings/ you will see that the government already has a list of all the passengers that reported as sick. It will only be a matter of time before the NSW police turn their attention to the international guests who presented as sick on the cruise and then start investigating them for bringing a virus into our country.

They have already raided the ship and taken personal mobile phones off senior officers and Doctors, taken the navigation and data recorders from the bridge and taken all files relating to the passengers.

If you want proof that this is a stitch up them look at this news interview with the NSW police commissioner https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-13/mick-fuller-ruby-princess-coronavirus-kitchen-galley/12144994?nw=0 with his defamatory and heavily biased comments about a crew member spreading it. This demonstrates a complete lack of judgement, extreme bias and a one tracked investigation. Records indicate the majority of the crew posted on the ship in October and November. If a new crew member posted on Ruby Princess on the 8th March then he would have already had that information and be able to identify a suspect. He makes it clear it is just a suspicion but it is 100% clear that he intends to railroad Princess, defame their crew and hang the entire cruise line based on this. This is the epitome of incompetence.

So Princess/Carnival is a terrorist organisation now is it? Maybe that should contact Jack Bauer!

Have you ever heard the likes of it?. What is next Princess started the Australian bush fires!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

I think, old mate, you have a chip on your shoulder.

I'm loyal to Princess and essentially I don't care whether they are found as guilty as hell. I'll still be back cruising with them as soon as I can. It seems to me though that they have stuffed up a bit on this - cop the punishment and get on with the show. Most people accept that this is a terrible one off that no one knows how to handle until it lands in your lap. If there was a history of negligence we would have a major problem bu this situation is something none of us is likely to see again. 

I would not have a problem with the police investigation at all if NSW Health and the public officials were held to the same level of scrutiny as Princess. The way it was paraded on the news with the police raiding the ship seeking evidence. Why did they not raid the offices of NSW Health and obtain the paperwork from their office?

Princess has presented evidence that they declared all the sick passengers. They took swabs for that new virus and even arranged for NSW Health to collect the swabs and test them. Even then given the fact that they had to release two passengers by ambulance in the early hours of the morning with strange illnesses that were negative to influenza the NSW Health department did not hold up the disembarkation as Ruby Princess expected them to do.

I would not mind if Princess did do wrong and copped some sort of punishment, but I will not stand for corruption, bias and a phoney police investigation that neglects to investigate the other parties involved in this incident.

Though it seems I am not alone in thinking it is a cover up. Not to mention the whispers circulating about a senior Federal Government MP's in-laws being passengers on the Ruby Princess during that last cruise and the mysterious phone calls between the harbour pilot and Border Force in which offices the MP's in-laws daughter allegedly works..... That rumour has not been touched by mainstream media or debunked by them and it is fact that they were on the cruise...

rp2.JPG

rp1.JPG

rp3.JPG

rp4.JPG

rp5.JPG

Edited by DiamondFour