Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

29 minutes ago, OSUTRIKERS said:

UPDATE:  Refund hit my CC this morning 6/26, 1 week after the ‘process date’ HAL quoted 6/19.  In its entirety.  My kids got their airfare back at same time.  I had paid cruise portion, they had bought air, all thru HAL.     Will we cruise again, probably, but not until we know it’s under control.  Best of luck to those still waiting.   Everyone have a Blessed day!

Ditto.   Full refund this morning for my May 31st AK cruise.  Relieved and hopeful for a Covid vaccine so I can cruise next summer. 

We requested a refund, for our June 13th Alaska cruise, around the last of March.  I received a full refund, for both cabins, that were posted to my credit card today.  The transactions were dated 06/23/20.

We have booked the same cruise for 2021, and I authorized our PCC to take advantage of the HAL promo with a one-time payment to obtain the OBC for that cruise.

Received port fees and taxes last night for my May 18 Maasdam sailing canceled by HAL to Alaska. Previously received my FCC for the same cruise. Earlier in the week received full refund from Princess for Sept 11 Alaska sailing.

A-

My refund hit my credit card this morning.  HAL cancelled our cruise to Alaska on April 15 (cruise was departing on June 13).  We told our travel agent that we wanted a refund rather than a future cruise credit.  So it took 70 days from the date our TA requested a refund. 

Good luck everyone!

On 6/19/2020 at 2:08 PM, TiogaCruiser said:

I previously posted I have received my refund, which was the expected 90% because I used my platinum.

I’m wondering if my CC might cover the remaining “loss”of 10%.  Has anyone tried that?

Update:  I  just got off the phone  with my CC and the card does not cover any Covid related claims. It MAY have covered if we were prevented from taking the cruise if one of us was sick or had an accident. So i am quite glad i had the platinum. This is the BoA Platinum Rewards card. 

Edited by TiogaCruiser

We received an email today telling us our Future Cruise Credit is Now Available. 

It looked pretty small, compared to what we thought we would be getting. Turns out that it was FCC for a September 20, 2020 sailing. We still haven't received FCC for a May 3, 2020 sailing. I was told (again) that it would be expedited. The May 3rd sailing was cancelled by HAL in mid-March (Pause-2). Also, not expecting FCC for HAL cancelled February 2, 2021 sailing until later. 

Edited by HAL4NOW
spelling

We had a 14 day Alaska cruise scheduled for May 18, 2020 that was canceled by HAL.  We contacted our TA and took the 125% FCC. Don't remember the date we had our TA call HAL but were fine knowing it could be 90 days until we got the port fees and taxes refunded.   Well we got credit onto our creditcard yesterday for the port fees.  We got notice via e-mail from HAL back on June 9th for the FCC.  It now shows up on-line when we log into our HAL account (nice added on-line info by HAL).

We had friends on this same cruise that also got their full refund yesterday along with other friends that were on this same Alaska cruise that started the day we ended our cruise who got their full refund yesterday also.  It appears the processing is finally coming thru at a brisk pace.

12 hours ago, loves_2_travel said:

Refund hit my credit card last night, June 25th.  Cancelled April 14th by HAL, sail date was June 7th. 

Same here. Sail date June 7, full refund credited June 26. Didn't get any mailing from HAL directly.

May 22 - Nieuw Amsterdam cruise - canceled 4/15, shore excursion refunds received 5/15, and 6/27 refunds on cruise, American airlines and travel insurance on CC.  73 days start to finish. Now we will request a refund check from the CC company, which last time took less than 2 weeks. Good Luck, everyone! 

We're coming up on day 85 since our Australian cruise was cancelled. No refund to date. I've had numerous email conversations with HAL. The real topper was the last email when they told me my refund is in the queue for processing but they couldn't tell me when it would be paid and that they wouldn't contact me to let me know it had been paid. I check my bank accounts every day but nothing yet. I realize these are unusual times but HAL should do better and I'm afraid they've lost a previously loyal customer. 

We not only got all our shore excursiob refunds within 60 days for our cancelled Alaskan cruise this summer, but yesterday we got our Future Cruise Credit and our travel agent posted it to our replacement Alaskan cruise for 2021.  We are so pleased that this is working out.  Now, let's all hope that there will be both our beautiful cruise ship and our planned cruise in July 2021.  That is really hoping!!!

Communication could be much, much better. I didn't even receive a cancellation notification, the cruise was open for check-in until the sailing date (June 7th)! However, I am relieved when I finally received a full refund 72 days after the cancellation date (April 15th). Be patient, they are definitely working on it.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:52 AM, Vict0riann said:

I imagine things could be different in Australia, where @Sallyandtex are.  

I think this must be the case.

The provided info box (thanks) says 100% refund all monies paid. 

I think what has happened is, I paid TA $8400, they take $704 commission and pay HAL balance.

When cancelled, I get 100% of the money PAID to Hal, commission has been spent back in Feb when my final payment due. TA says this money doesnt exist anymore,  plus they took $50 cancel fee ( reduced from $300, as they got so much backlash from consumers)

I wanted to do the FCC, but agent said I would have more flexibility to cancel.

Hence my statement about agents, everything else that I  booked myself including airfare has got 100% refunds. I so glad about that!

Good luck everyone!

9 hours ago, rschlo said:

We're coming up on day 85 since our Australian cruise was cancelled. No refund to date. I've had numerous email conversations with HAL. The real topper was the last email when they told me my refund is in the queue for processing but they couldn't tell me when it would be paid and that they wouldn't contact me to let me know it had been paid. I check my bank accounts every day but nothing yet. I realize these are unusual times but HAL should do better and I'm afraid they've lost a previously loyal customer. 

Well, if you booked direct without an agent, hopefully you will get 100% of your money back. They wouldnt even discuss "financial matters" with me as I used an agent.

Good luck.

19 hours ago, madera1 said:

Still nothing from our canceled March 15th sailing

I sympathize. Still waiting for my refund for March 14th cruise.

I am beginning to believe that while I was on the first cruises cancelled, I will be one of the last to receive my refund.

1 hour ago, fabuloso said:

I am beginning to believe that while I was on the first cruises cancelled, I will be one of the last to receive my refund.

FILO accounting - first in, last out!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fabuloso said:

Sounds about right, so far, in our experience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fabuloso said:

The company line is that they are clearing the backlog of refunds and FCC based on sailing date. Then they talk about a series of 'pauses' and mention five different cruise pauses. An agent told me on Friday that HAL has closed out all of the accounts from the first two pauses (both done in March) but I know that we are still waiting on FCC from the second pause, but have received FCC for a cruise that HAL cancelled (paused?} in the fourth round of cancellations.

I think they are attempting to act like each of us is an exception to the norm, but from what I see on Cruise Critic, there are a lot of exceptions.

Hearing that my concern is being "expedited" doesn't give me any hope of comfort. If everyone's booking settlement is being expedited than nobody's booking settlement is being expedited.

• Like 1