Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

This might be answered somewhere, but don't want to dig thru everything. Our Montreal to FLL for Oct was cancelled on May 9, I answered the notice email that we wanted our deposit of $600 back since we have several other cruises with another line waiting (Dec 2020 & Apr 2021). Will our deposit go to the travel agent or direct to our credit card. Hate to hassle our TA is no need. I printed the "cancellation form--your preference has been successfully submitted".   Thanks.

1 hour ago, silkismom said:

Our Montreal to FLL for Oct was cancelled on May 9, ... . Will our deposit go to the travel agent or direct to our credit card. Hate to hassle our TA is no need. 

If your deposit was charged to your credit card by HAL, then it will be refunded to your card. If your deposit was charged to the TA, and the TA then paid HAL, then it will be refunded to the travel agent. 
HAL will refund the party that paid them. 

On 7/4/2020 at 5:01 PM, dmcfad2 said:

My cruise was March 21 and HAL canceled it on March 13. I opted for FCC and OBC. Still have not seen it. I've written two emails, but no one answers me. 16 weeks/113 days. I'm a loyal HAL customer, but I was told 10-12 weeks and here I sit waiting. I have three cruises booked that I would like to apply FCC to. Sigh.

Give them a call.

We received emails yesterday advising us that our August Viking Passage deposits were now available as FCCs (at double the amount of the original deposit) to apply to a future cruise, as the deposit if we wished.

Still no refund for our April cruise - we did get the FCCs and put them on a cruise next year.

Hopefully our TA is applying for our flight refunds from April this month.  I have no idea how long that is going to take!

We have received the FCC’s and refunds on all 4 cancelled cruises ( 2 in april , june and july) to the last penny . All paid back to the credit card. Flights, port fees , taxes , CPP , transfers , the whole works .Except where bookings in euros did not give the option in refunds but FCC. No problem since they can be converted to money when not used and guaranteed by SGR , a fund where most reliable TA’s as well as HAL in the Netherlands participates in. If a company goes bankrupt they will reimburse the travelers.

No complaints.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that there are some people seeing refunds. Seems peculiar that the April cruises, like ours, are not being dealt with before cruises in June, etc.  We're on day 97 since the cruise should have departed and still no refund. Heard from Customer Service yesterday and they said they were going to contact Accounting and ask why it had not been processed. I saw that someone else said they were told the same thing, but never heard if they got an answer. I keep checking my credit card account but still no credit. 

I have been trying to get a refund for cruise that was cancelled 25th March and have still not received it yet is anyone else still waiting I received a very upsetting e-mail from them today regarding this I am trying to find out if people that were due to cruise after 4th May if they have been refunded for their cruise

8 hours ago, rschlo said:

Glad to hear that there are some people seeing refunds. Seems peculiar that the April cruises, like ours, are not being dealt with before cruises in June, etc.  We're on day 97 since the cruise should have departed and still no refund. Heard from Customer Service yesterday and they said they were going to contact Accounting and ask why it had not been processed. I saw that someone else said they were told the same thing, but never heard if they got an answer. I keep checking my credit card account but still no credit. 

I think that was me and I haven't heard back since the email telling me they were contacting accounting.  But it has only been 2 days.....🤣🤣🤣

See!  I still have a sense of humor because I'm 2 days away from 4 months on waiting for my refund and I found a way to laugh about the circumstances.

I'm going to continue to send emails.  I get responses to some and not to others.  I agree you have to try to maintain a sense of humor about this situation.  It would be really funny if it wasn't so sad.  This company should be doing better!!

I just checked my Amex account and to my surprise there was a large credit from our cancelled May Baltic cruise. I am almost whole and I didn't have to go the credit card dispute. I used the chat function earlier this week and was told I was in the queue and could possibly take another 3-4 weeks. I'm a happy camper this morning.

Tried to start as new thread since I believe it deserves one, but got a message that it had to be approved.

HAL announcement on refunds

FCC AND REFUND UPDATE: To date, Holland America Line has refunded tens of millions of dollars in cruise fares and is nearly complete with all refunds tied to cruises originally scheduled to depart through June 2020. In the coming weeks, we expect to be complete with remaining refunds for cruises cancelled through the end of summer. We continue to work through all remaining requests, and we ask our guests to please note that bank processing can take from seven to 10 days.

We thank our guests for their patience in these extraordinary circumstances. To facilitate faster refunds, important work recently was completed on our reservation and payment systems, which were not designed to handle the volume of refunds in a short period of time. In addition, we increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have had great success in improving the pace refunds can be processed.

At this time, e-mails also are being sent with Future Cruise Credit (FCC) instructions and confirmation details to those guests who have provided us with an e-mail address tied to their Mariner number. Guests may also log into "My Account" on https://*****/3iQ8lE8 to view Future Cruise Credit details.

Was surprised to receive this week the FCC for what was to be my transatlantic this October. Wasn’t expecting to see that until late August or into September.  Quickly called HAL and had it applied to the deposit for the transatlantic I booked for October 2021 on the Ryndam.

I know everyone isn’t on FB so I am sharing this post by HAL.  Some encouraging news from HAL 

“ FCC AND REFUND UPDATE: To date, Holland America Line has refunded tens of millions of dollars in cruise fares and is nearly complete with all refunds tied to cruises originally scheduled to depart through June 2020. In the coming weeks, we expect to be complete with remaining refunds for cruises cancelled through the end of summer. We continue to work through all remaining requests, and we ask our guests to please note that bank processing can take from seven to 10 days.

We thank our guests for their patience in these extraordinary circumstances. To facilitate faster refunds, important work recently was completed on our reservation and payment systems, which were not designed to handle the volume of refunds in a short period of time. In addition, we increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have had great success in improving the pace refunds can be processed.

At this time, e-mails also are being sent with Future Cruise Credit (FCC) instructions and confirmation details to those guests who have provided us with an e-mail address tied to their Mariner number. Guests may also log into "My Account" .....”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My cruise was in April and I am still waiting to see if get an FCC.  Nothing yet.

If it expires in December 2020 then it is probably lost money at the way things are going pandemic wise.

• Like 1

I've heard nothing about my FCC for a cruise in April. Unfortunately I was to be In Germany a few weeks before the cruise, and didn't hold out for HAL to cancel; I cancelled about 2 weeks before they did it. I wish I could get the FCC back as a refund, as due to medical issues, I probably can't cruise for a couple of years. Sigh, I'd hate to just lose the money.

• Like 1

I was surprised to just receive a refund of the $300 deposit I paid for one of 2 suites booked on the Eurodam/Alaska which would have sailed tomorrow😢.  I requested a full refund mid April when HAL cancelled.  I wasn't expecting anything until August, so this is encouraging.  Thanks for the info, Kazu, as I don't do facebook.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:23 PM, madera1 said:

Still waiting for my refund/FCC for 3/15 canceled cruise!   Our friends got theirs on May 19!

We just today (july 12) got the FCC applied to our accounts from a March 10 cancellation of two April cruises!  4 months and 2 days later!  We did get the cash refunded to our credit card back in March though.

Will apply to our January, 2021 cruise - I just hope that this sails as I do not know how the FCC would then work if its cancelled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Will apply to our January, 2021 cruise - I just hope that this sails as I do not know how the FCC would then work if its cancelled

Probably what happened with ours.  We took FCC for a cancelled April cruise, applied it to a January cruise which has since been cancelled.  This time we're asking for a refund (we could have chosen either that or another FCC).  So we're in line waiting for more money now.  🙂