Regent Refund Roll Call

Pam - that is how they refunded us - deposit, upgrade deposit and final payment.  And to the same CCs as we made the original payments to them.  (Two of which were no longer valid and that was complicated!  But we have the $$).  All we are waiting for now is the reimbursement of our out-of-pocket expenses to get back to Switzerland from San Diego.  I am told it has been approved (as of 15 June) but still no sign of the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2020 at 11:16 AM, Pcardad said:

You need to call...you should have gotten it. They were caught up on deposits weeks ago.

Thanks Pcardad, I did contact them, and they said it was processed on June 29th.  I can seen the pending credit on my credit card.....  not that its hit yet   Comes as 3 payments, but adds up to the right amount.

So the spreadsheet can be updated

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AuntyJan said:

So the spreadsheet can be updated

Great!  Good for you, and good for Regent.  Everyone who has reported here about a pending refund for a deposit has received them.  That tab looks wonderful, and leads me to conclude that Regent is indeed "back to normal" for refunding deposits when the cruise is cancelled before final payment.

They are also doing fairly well for most of the cancellations of fully paid cruises.  The third tab with miscellaneous refunds for taxes, excursions, air credits, etc., is not doing quite so well.  Somehow it looks like those are not at the top of Regent's priority list right now.  @GOARMY and @daetchief, we have not heard from you in quite a while.  Have you received your refunds?

Susie:

Yes.  See my June 15th entry on this Thread.  That details last reimbursement payment for expenses getting back to SEATAC from San Diego was a check directly from Regent received that same day.  This was for airfare and baggage.  There was another expense for our transportation from SEATAC back to our Redmond home which was not reimbursed.   But, I don't believe it is worth the hassle to contest that relatively-minor point--at this point. 

Thank you for your continued efforts in this regard. 

GOARMY!

• Thanks 1

No worries, we’re whole [hole?].  Regent refunded the misc.  expenses [port fees, taxes, culinary classes, etc] from the March Cruise about a month/6 weeks ago.  I tried to make my report In CC however life got in the way and I couldn’t find my original post, and the dishes needed to be done and my LW wanted a massage; etcetera etcatera. 
Thanks for doubling back and ensuring we’re good.   Now we’re looking forward to a double-holiday Cruise [Christmas and New Years] through the Panama Canal from MIA to SFO in 2021/2022 on Mariner. [Wish it was Splendor]  

• Thanks 1

We cancelled a September 2021 cruise on 21st May and after  enquiring about the deposit return they said it was processed on 30th June, but to expect it to take 15+ days for it to be in our account.  
Anyone know why it takes so long once processed?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jillyf said:

Anyone know why it takes so long once processed?

Regent's bank can put a temporary hold on it to check it out, then it goes to your bank/CC, which can also pause it to confirm it is for real.  I think this happens more often with very large refunds than with small ones, and are more likely when the bank is operating on reduced capacity with people working from home.  From what I hear, these bank delays can sometimes take up to 30 days, although that is not common.  Also, IMO, "processed" is a very vague word, and may not always mean that Regent sent the money out on that date.

8 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Great!  Good for you, and good for Regent.  Everyone who has reported here about a pending refund for a deposit has received them.  That tab looks wonderful, and leads me to conclude that Regent is indeed "back to normal" for refunding deposits when the cruise is cancelled before final payment.

They are also doing fairly well for most of the cancellations of fully paid cruises.  The third tab with miscellaneous refunds for taxes, excursions, air credits, etc., is not doing quite so well.  Somehow it looks like those are not at the top of Regent's priority list right now.  @GOARMY and @daetchief, we have not heard from you in quite a while.  Have you received your refunds?

An update on our request for reimbursement of the emergency travel expenses incurred to get us back to Switzerland when the Splendor 14 March cruise was cancelled.  I have received a total refund of the MIA/ZRH flight from Swiss.  Regent is well on the way to refunding what we spent to get back from San Diego to ZRH via Toronto.  My request has been approved at Regent and yesterday I heard from NCLCorp. finance asking for bank account information to be filed regarding this refund.  Apparently they (Corporate Finance) refund via transfer from Western Union.  So that has been done and I hope to be able to say how much they refunded of the outstanding $11.5k soon.  I also know that GOARMY was refunded his out-of-pocket costs for his return to his home.

I am impressed and more than pleased to hear that Regent has stuck to its end of the bargain and just about everyone now has their refunds.

Gerry

• Like 3

Can any help....

two weeks ago I got a refund for our 5/28 cruise, except for $4000.
still waiting for that last part, any suggestions, my TA called 10 days ago and they said ‘soon’

gary 

• Thanks 1

Call Regent.

Also - with all of July, August and September cancelled it will be interesting to see the turn times on these.  The second half of June was taking about 60 days which was, according the data, faster than earlier cancellations.

I have a party with a 8/28 cancellation by Regent on June 16. I'd like to see the trend continue and see this credited on or about August 1.

4 hours ago, gary705 said:

Can any help....

two weeks ago I got a refund for our 5/28 cruise, except for $4000.
still waiting for that last part, any suggestions, my TA called 10 days ago and they said ‘soon’

gary 

I contacted Regent directly and they gave me the exact date my refund was processed.  A couple of days later it showed up on my Credit Card account.  You might want to contact them directly.

Final update to our status.  The refund amount that had been erroneously credited to my account has returned from whence it came.  Once I advised both sides of the transaction that the money was in the account and awaiting return, it took less than a week.  As I told the RSSC representative, I am returning money not wanting a refund.  I bet you haven't been getting many of those calls recently.  He laughed.  Amazing how quickly they can process it when it's to their benefit.

Anyhow, all is well that ends well.  Bon voyage.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, Pcardad said:

What was the date of the cruise...Regent is refunding by cruise date, not date of file. TY and happy your refund was more timely than most!

Sorry to be so late answering.  Our cruises were June 5 and June 15 (back to back).  

Went through a local TA. Last year we booked two staterooms on a Regent Alaska cruise for July (over $30K).   Final payment to Regent was made in February. In April, Regent cancelled the cruise. At that time, Regent was hoping to resume Alaska cruises in August. Used credit from July cruise and rebooked for the August cruise. In June Regent cancelled all Alaska cruises for the season.  Since our 2021 summer is already filled we promptly requested a refund. 
Regent has denied our refund request, and denied our appeal, arguing that FCCs were used for the second booking and FFCs aren’t refundable.  They are only offering another FCC at this point. 

I am beyond frustrated. 

I am sorry to hear what you are going through but Regent states upfront that FCC's are not refundable.  We have booked a few times and our sailings keep getting canceled so I understand your frustration.

I'm a bit unclear as to. your statement that "our 2021 summer is already filled".  I assume you are discussing your personal summer is full because there is plenty of availability on Alaska cruises in 2021.

The only choice that you (and I) have is to find an itinerary and book it.  It is either that or we will lose our FCC's.

Travelcat2,  you are correct regarding our summer of 2021 and I really appreciate your note back.

I guess my issue is I wasn't warned of the risk when I rebooked the cruise using the FCCs.  I went back through my emails and paperwork and that risk wasn't pointed out until I tried to get the refund.  I still may have rebooked but at least I would have made the decision with my eyes wide open.  Water under the bridge at this point.  My biggest fear is that Regent will be one of the cruise lines who doesn't make it through the current crisis so I think we are going to look for a non-Alaskan cruise itinerary asap as you suggested.

24 minutes ago, Robathmg said:

My biggest fear is that Regent will be one of the cruise lines who doesn't make it through the current crisis so I think we are going to look for a non-Alaskan cruise itinerary asap as you suggested.

Just a suggestion for you and others looking to book new cruises on Regent and other cruise lines for that matter.  With all of the unknowns like ports available, when an effective vaccine is readily available, countries banning Americans and others, when cruising resumes, etc., it is IMHO likely the itinteries now showing may be changing possibly significantly therefore what you book in the near future may be completely different once it actually sails.

Luckily we don't have any FCC and will not be even looking at cruises to book until an effective vaccine is readily available, cruise ships have begun to successfully sail and itineraries are more accurately settled.  Good luck finding a cruise that will actually sail and enjoy.

• Like 3

I think that we are all aware of this.  No one can even begin to predict what ports will be open at the end of the year or anytime next year.  The difficulty with Regent (due to its popularity and how customers book up to two years advance), either you book something or you could end up with mostly filled itineraries and the likelihood that you could not get the suite category that you are interested in.  Just today some friends were looking at a cruise that we are mildly interested in for next year but there are no suites available in any of the categories that they would have booked.  We have also found this for some itineraries in 2022.

As has also been discussed, even when a vaccine is available, there are many, many people that state that they will not take it (not only in the U.S.). The simple solution is require passengers to have proof that they have had the vaccine.  

Bottom line is that I would not recommend waiting unless you do not care where you go or what suite category you are in.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Bottom line is that I would not recommend waiting unless you do not care where you go or what suite category you are in.

To rephrase:   Bottom line would recommend waiting if you do care about where you go and where you go is a priority over suite category.