Regent Refund Roll Call

On 9/3/2020 at 5:05 AM, Phillygirl3 said:

We should be sailing on Regent next week but still have not received our initial deposit for this cruise which was cancelled in June.  My TA has been giving us feedback from Regent saying it was processing it in two weeks--that was almost a month ago.  Meanwhile, we continue to get brochures from Regent with upcoming cruise itineraries--wishful thinking on my part as many of the itineraries includes countries who may not be welcoming of foreign visitors.  However, I'm hopeful, but if Regent is having difficulty processing a deposit, I'm glad that I didn't pay in full.  Does anyone have an insight into what the situation is with Regent's delay in returning funds to their clients?  Thank you!

Not impressed with Regent! Sticking with Crystal Cruises!

On 5/10/2020 at 6:15 AM, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Sail date: 4/16/20 - Splendor, NYC - Barcelona **sniff**

Cancelled by RSSC: 3/30/20

Talked with RSSC agent, prior to and immediately after they cancelled, asked for refund, not FCC. (I didn't fill out form.)

Checked back by email 5/8/20 - agent sez still in the works, "could be any day, but probably another 30". 

Remain on tenterhooks. 

Don't hold your breath - maybe by year's end?

On 5/9/2020 at 6:06 PM, sanne said:

30 March ......cancelled cruise for Jan 2021 via my TA

31 March........received cancellation notification from TA

1 May..............deposit refunded from Regent to CC  minus $200 cancellation fees 

32 days from cancellation to refund. 

You are one of the lucky few!

18 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Very impressed with Regent's latest speed of refund:

Cruise date: 13 Nov 2020

Cancelled by Regent: 05 Oct 2020

Refund requested: 06 Oct 2020

Full refund back on credit card: 13 Oct 2020

We certainly were not expecting the money back so quickly since the refund acknowledgement included the standard sentence "Refund requests will be validated and refunds will be processed within 60 days of the request", so 7 days was most welcome 🙂

It must be our lucky week as British Airways also excelled when we cancelled the flights that we had booked independently - refund was received within 24hrs of us cancelling.

However, we would still like to get back to those halcyon days of travelling worldwide rather than going through these endless rounds of cancellations ................... let's hope things improve one day soon 🤔

• Like 1

Hi Flossie

Did you book direct with Regent or through a TA.  We were booked on this cruise (through a TA) and requested full refund on the same day as you and have been quoted 90 days for our refund! 

Thanks

Sandra

6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

You are responding to posts that are over 5 months old....

True, many months old but, from a time when some refunds were taking many months but, those queoted got their money in about a month and a half but, the poster has been waiting almost 2 months from an August cancellation.

An improvement possibly over those waiting over 100 days earlier but, shows a significant inconsistency in how refunds were and are currently being processed.

A very valid comparison notwithstanding the passage of time.

7 hours ago, Sannick said:

Did you book direct with Regent or through a TA.

We make all our Regent bookings through a UK TA who has always been very efficient and also provides a good discount.

Credit card payments (and refunds) are processed directly by Regent

7 hours ago, Sannick said:

We were booked on this cruise (through a TA) and requested full refund on the same day as you and have been quoted 90 days for our refund! 

Regent used to quote 90 days but recently have shortened this to 60 days. I quote from their latest voyage suspension FAQ:

For all active reservations as at 5 October 2020, where Regent has received full payment, all guests will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit or 100% refund. The default compensation will be the Future Cruise Credit as follows:

1) Cruise Fare paid (less government fees and taxes)

2) Travel Programme (if applicable)

3) and a bonus 25% Future Cruise Credit

For those who prefer a 100% refund of amounts paid, please complete the refund request online at www.rssc.com/request-refund.

For bookings that are not paid in full at the time of cancellation, guests will automatically receive a 100% refund for amounts paid and no refund request needs to be submitted online.

All refunds will be processed within 60 days.

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2020-10/RSSC_VoyageSuspensionFAQ_100520_EMEA.pdf

11 hours ago, chaunceyb said:

Have you reviewed Crystal's record with processing refunds?

Suggest you chase Regent if they have not refunded your cruise payments within the promised 60 day window

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, chaunceyb said:

chaunceyb,

I understand your feelings.  Read the Crystal Society Family Facebook page.  Some people have waited over 5 months - no refund.  One passenger posted that they have waited 182 days and no refund.  Many Crystal cruisers are getting their credit card companies to collect for them.  Read about Crystal's situation before you book with them.

10 minutes ago, NCCruzQueen said:

chaunceyb,

I understand your feelings.  Read the Crystal Society Family Facebook page.  Some people have waited over 5 months - no refund.  One passenger posted that they have waited 182 days and no refund.  Many Crystal cruisers are getting their credit card companies to collect for them.  Read about Crystal's situation before you book with them.

Thank you for your reply. My biggest issue is that Regent cancelled our cruise weeks after collecting our final payment - just a little fishy! I firmly believe their ploy was to have us use our payment to book a future cruise, but none of their future cruises fit what we were looking for. Now we wait!

56 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

Is it possible to transfer our paid deposit from a cruise that is booked for Mar 25, 21 to one in 2022? Or will we need to cancel the first one altogether, and then rebook?

I can't say definitively but earlier this year we moved a deposit from one cruise to another. It was not Covid related. We weren't going to be able to take our 2020 cruise (this was before we knew there would be no 2020 cruises) so we contacted our TA and asked to transfer our 2020 deposit to a 2022 and there was no issue.  In fact Regent was very easy to get along with because the 2020 cruise was booked in USD and we wanted the 2022 in CAD and they refunded the USD, then charged our CAD cc with the exact same deposit amount even though we should have paid more because of the foreign exchange difference. 

Our 2020 cruise was booked onboard so we had the guarantee of being able to move our deposit once. Not sure if that makes a difference but Regent seems to be quite happy to accomodate the movement of deposits as it keeps your money and mind with them. Contact your TA and tell them what you want them to do. In essence you are canceling the 2021 to book the 2022. The issue may be whether the current deposit is sufficient to cover the new cruise or you need to add more money to meet the 2022 deposit requirements. 

Thanks Cruzstart! Waiting on a reply from TA, but just wanted to ask the question here for others experiences.

I am thinking they would rather apply the funds paid already rather than refund them, but we will see. Not a big deal either way. We've only done one cruise with Regent so far, and loved it, so hope it will be sooner than later that we can get back to sailing with them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 3:12 AM, rallydave said:

True, many months old but, from a time when some refunds were taking many months but, those queoted got their money in about a month and a half but, the poster has been waiting almost 2 months from an August cancellation.

An improvement possibly over those waiting over 100 days earlier but, shows a significant inconsistency in how refunds were and are currently being processed.

A very valid comparison notwithstanding the passage of time.

Received our refund October 19.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:38 PM, NCCruzQueen said:

chaunceyb,

Received our refund on October 19th, thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...