Regent Refund Roll Call

Our refund finally appeared at Am. Ex on June 11 for our cancelled April 29, 2020 cruise.  We are waiting for the arrival of the check from Am Ex.  We had cancelled the card in the beginning of May to avoid the hefty

credit card  fee as we are not currently traveling.  Am Ex was very helpful in helping me monitor the refund.

i do believe Regent did not need to drag out the refund process as long as they did since they cancelled our cruise on March 14 and we immediately requested the refund.

Thank you Susie Q for this wonderful spread sheet.  It was an immense help.

Now we start waiting for the deposit refund from an October cruise we cancelled a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Filed for Refund for back to back cruises on Apr. 24.  Received refunds over a few days with final refund deposited June 26.  Total time from filing to full reimbursement was 63 days.

What was the date of the cruise...Regent is refunding by cruise date, not date of file. TY and happy your refund was more timely than most!

SusieQft,

Update on our status.  Sail date, June 14 Venice-Venice.  Recieved full refund yesterday, June 26,  to my credit card.  Our friends received their full refund plus an additional refund for an excursion.  You can update us on the spread sheet.

Now, here is where it gets a little weird.  As I have related, I disputed the two charges and the final payment was refunded to me two months ago.  I was unable to get the deposit back through the dispute process.

Yesterday, I was refunded two charges, one refund for the deposit by RSSC.  The other refund by RSSC was for the final payment. Given that I have already gotten the final payment refund for the final payment through the dispute process, it's obviously not mine to keep.  It's most likely a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

Anyhow, I called RSSC yesterday and advised the agent of the situation.  I told him that unlike every other client, I wanted to give them money.  He laughed.  Anyhow, this has been brought to the attention of the accounting department for them to resolve with the credit card company.  I also called the credit card company and advised them of the situation.  Hopefully, the two groups will be able to resolve this.  

I was able to get a full refund from  the airline.  That took 30 days.  I was not able to get a refund from the hotel in Venice.  They have credited me 600 euros to use at their hotel in one year.  I think it's transferrable.  I doubt we will be able to use it.  We'll see.  In the big scheme of things, it was my smallest expense.

Still walking around a little pissed off that I'm not sailing around Greece right now.  I'll get over it.  I hope everyone is doing well and the refunds keep coming.  Fair winds.

Edited by orvil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Susie Q

I put in earlier data, but I will now update.

Scheduled to depart April 1 on Splendor from Miami. Trip cancelled by Regent around April 13 and we filed for full refund 2 days later.

It has been a frustrating journey as they kept trying to refund on our CC and it wouldn't got thru. 3 weeks ago we got an unexpected  check in the mail from them with no explanation for almost $1000.

Our TA was talking to them continually. They said they would mail us the balance. Wednesday morning I checked my CC Balance and the total refund was there!!! Not sure why it wouldn't work in May, but it is done! Regent and we were persistent. It finally paid off and I can join those other happy cruisers who have gotten their full refund!!

• Thanks 1

Susie Q,

Scheduled cruise date: June 15 (NYC to Reykjavik)

Cruise cancelled by Regent: April 24

Refund request: April 24

Full refund received: June 27 ( 3 payments to 3 credit cards, June 23 through June 24)

We are happy although disappointed to miss a long-awaited super itinerary. We would rebook for 2022 but it’s not offered; there is similar in May 2021 but we are tied to home then. 
Many thanks 😊

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, orvil said:

Yesterday, I was refunded two charges, one refund for the deposit by RSSC.  The other refund by RSSC was for the final payment. Given that I have already gotten the final payment refund for the final payment through the dispute process, it's obviously not mine to keep.  It's most likely a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

The one that is not yours to keep is the one you originally got when you filed the credit card dispute.  It was a temporary credit pending the results of their investigation of your claim.  So you certainly don't want to give the money back to Regent, that is the one that is yours to keep.

• Like 1

Orvil/Susie - I'm actually a pretty honest guy.  I never "fudge" on my taxes (I actually probably pay more than I have to) and I pay all of my debts/bills promptly.  But...I don't see this as a "debt" until someone in authority (Regent or your CC) actually tells you "it's a debt" that you'll need to return.  And when/if that time comes, then return the extra payment promptly.  Up until that time (if in fact the time ever comes), I would let the extra refund sit in your savings account and draw a few "dimes worth" of interest.  Regards

On 6/25/2020 at 8:46 AM, Gpilon said:

Happy to report Regent made 4 initial refunds to our AmEx card yesterday, with the remaining 3 refunds now on the card this morning, which makes us whole. Our TA sent us the final papers from Regent yesterday, and although how they do their accounting with respect to refunds is a little "wonky", the total matches what we paid. AmEx will now wire the monies to our bank. Thanks Susie with all your efforts....extremely helpful to everyone to understand what was happening. Kindly display our June 4 Splendor cruise as "refunded". 

As an update and to ensure I am being correct here, AmEx will not wire the monies to us as the amount is too large. Given that, they are sending us a check. Either way.......happy that Regent issued the full refund amount.

Unbelievable! Regent refund for our Deposit on 01/20/2021 Explore cruise from Auckland to Hong Kong. We canceled on 6/17 and were advised deposit would be returned within 90 days. Chase said refund was made on 6/23; I didn't see it until this morning.

Mixed feeling - happy to get money promptly but it reminds me of our "lost" cruise.

• Like 1

It sounds like they are caught up and operating normally again for refunding deposits.  There is only one still outstanding on the spreadsheet, and for the last 2 months all have been received fairly quickly.

@AuntyJan, have you received your refund?

34 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

It sounds like they are caught up and operating normally again for refunding deposits.  There is only one still outstanding on the spreadsheet, and for the last 2 months all have been received fairly quickly.

@AuntyJan, have you received your refund?

Not yet....  I was told 90 days and it hasn't been that yet.  We're sad....  would have boarded the ship tomorrow

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AuntyJan said:

Not yet....  I was told 90 days and it hasn't been that yet.  We're sad....  would have boarded the ship tomorrow

You need to call...you should have gotten it. They were caught up on deposits weeks ago.

I have now been waiting over 100 days....today I was informed that they have paid my TA.

next problem is getting the TA to pay. They are saying they are still waiting for suppliers of flights, hotels and transfers.

As a package holiday here in the UK we should have been paid in 14 days. 
I applied for a credit card chargeback 2 months ago....they are only just addressing it.

3 hours ago, liptastic said:

Karen also still waiting for balance of payment , but did receive the deposit last week, so eagerly await the balance for April 16th cruise.   Jean.

Were they on different credit cards?  Sometimes refunds can be delayed at that level.

One half of our party was fully refunded on 6/23.  I received a partial refund on 6/25, but am still waiting for $513.89 as of today.  At least the biggest chunk has been refunded!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Were they on different credit cards?  Sometimes refunds can be delayed at that level.

Karen thank you. The balance I paid by cheque . Our TA did contact Regent UK to chase up refund and they said “ refunds were beginning to come through “.

Just seems to be taking longer for UK refunds possibly?
Thanks for your hard work and diligence with this spread sheet and I see you also have the same on Crystal,   Jean.

I hope you get it all back soon! 
susieQ , it’s been interesting watching your Crystal spreadsheet as well. I’m sorry you’re going through that. You’ve really helped a lot of people and I cannot imagine if we didn’t have the information laid out in such an easy to read manner. You have been a good steward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My refund is sitting in my American Express account; it still reads "pending" so I will call for a check tomorrow.  It looks like they refunded in exactly the same way that I paid, deposit amounts and then final amounts.  We had picked some shore excursions that cost extra but hadn't been actually charged for them, they probably already knew the cruise would be canceled.

We would have departed Seward on June 24th.

8 hours ago, Pam said:

My refund is sitting in my American Express account; it still reads "pending" so I will call for a check tomorrow.  It looks like they refunded in exactly the same way that I paid, deposit amounts and then final amounts.  We had picked some shore excursions that cost extra but hadn't been actually charged for them, they probably already knew the cruise would be canceled.

We would have departed Seward on June 24th.

Glad to hear your money is at least sort of back.  But sad for no cruises.