Regent Refund Roll Call

21 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Do you have any idea, Pcardad, when Regent starts processing approved refunds for extraordinary expenses incurred in getting home when a cruise was cancelled within 24 hours of boarding?    I  heard about a week ago from Customer Service that our request for reimbursment has been approved.  But so far - no sign of the actual money nor the amount they are refunding.  I suppose the request went from Customer Service to Finance/Accounting.

I had something approved a couple of weeks back and it was pretty quick after approval - maybe 2 weeks? Not enough data though for me to make an intelligent guess.

Happy to report Regent made 4 initial refunds to our AmEx card yesterday, with the remaining 3 refunds now on the card this morning, which makes us whole. Our TA sent us the final papers from Regent yesterday, and although how they do their accounting with respect to refunds is a little "wonky", the total matches what we paid. AmEx will now wire the monies to our bank. Thanks Susie with all your efforts....extremely helpful to everyone to understand what was happening. Kindly display our June 4 Splendor cruise as "refunded". 

• Thanks 1

If you have been waiting since March 17, you need to be on the phone with Regent directly and get an update.

Also, there can be a huge in weeks between Regent refunding your money and you seeing it on a credit card statement. The date Regent processes the refund is the important date.

As far as Regent cancelled cruises are concerned, if they are processing June sailings (as evidenced by the report above) then they have processed all sailings prior to May 31. If you don't have it yet, call Regent and ask for a confirmation that is has been done and get the date. They can also email you a screenshot of the refund and/or give you a confirmation number.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gpilon said:

Happy to report Regent made 4 initial refunds to our AmEx card yesterday, with the remaining 3 refunds now on the card this morning, which makes us whole. Our TA sent us the final papers from Regent yesterday, and although how they do their accounting with respect to refunds is a little "wonky", the total matches what we paid. AmEx will now wire the monies to our bank. Thanks Susie with all your efforts....extremely helpful to everyone to understand what was happening. Kindly display our June 4 Splendor cruise as "refunded". 

Should have noted that Delta refunded our Delta One fares within 5 days after our cruise was cancelled by Regent. 

SusieQ, I don’t know if it matters any but the date entered for our sailing date is wrong. It should be June 6. The refunds noted today were from the Splendor I believe. We were on the Mariner so I’m really hoping we will hear this week too.

We have not had any contact with the TA since there is no problem so far. I do have the email to the TA acknowledging or refund request. How does this work? Do I hear from the TA that we are refunded or do I just watch our cc account? Thanks to those who may have experience. Pcardad thank you.

• Thanks 1

I think it is easiest just to watch cc account, Regent is having a hard time keeping up with the paperwork. We just received a Regent invoice with the credits for our April cancelled cruise a couple of days ago, but were already refunded two weeks ago.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:02 PM, Imasima752 said:

Scheduled sail date: May 22, 2020 (Navigator)

Canceled by Regent: April 24, 2020

Refund request (submitted by TA): April 29, 2020

Refund confirmation received from Regent: April 29, 2020

This afternoon, I checked the bank I have multiple credit cards with and saw a refund payment was made by Regent earlier this week to the card used for the deposit.  It was for less than my deposit amount, so I called my TA who then contacted Regent and received a Guest Cancellation Statement. The statement shows multiple refunds were made this week by Regent to both of my credit cards, which total the full amount we paid.  I expect all refunds will be posted next week, which is great since we just booked a river cruise for 2022!  Thank you Regent and thank you SusieQft for creating this thread!

Update: As of Monday, all refunds have posted to my credit cards.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rcandkc said:

I’ve been waiting since 3/17, and still no refund of taxes, port fees, and excursions.  I’m also second guessing our decision to use fcc for bulk of our money they have. 

According to TA that has followed up (again...she’s been good) our credit was issued 6/23 and we will see it  on our account in next week. 

We checked our AMEX card and a refund was posted but a LOT of money not refunded which is strange. We used one card, have no air, one cheap excursion, and deposit and full payment were made within about a one week time.

I’ll call Regent first  tomorrow and hope it’s all straight forward. 
thank you SusieQ.

Just this morning the missing 5000 appeared on the AMEX card for our June 4th Mariner cruise to Alaska. It would have been such a lovely cruise, alas. So we are whole.

Thank you ever so much, SusieQ! You’re the best!

• Thanks 1