Regent Refund Roll Call

scheduled sail date 9/2/20
cancelled excursions 4/8/20
cancelled cruise 4/8/20
no refunds as of 5/21/20

Deposit less custom air fee and $100 per person

Great idea. Thank you for starting and maintaining it.

Edited by captain5
Forgot information
  • Thanks 1

SusoeQft - please adjust your spreadsheet to show a FULL refund done on 20 May for our March 14 Splendor cruise.   We have been refunded every cent we paid to Regent and in fact this is the full payment - we were waiting to board the ship when the cruise was cancelled.

Gerry

• Like 5

Sail date:  6/4/2020 - Mariner - SFO to YVR

Harlan wine experience cancelled 3/20/2020 by Regent

Refund received for wine experience 3/24/2020

Cruise cancelled by Regent 4/24/2020

Refund requested via TA on 4/24/2020

No refund as of today, 5/22/2020

• Thanks 1

We received our refund for the March 14 cruise yesterday.  It was dated May 20, but showed on our account yesterday.  I am so relieved.  Thank you Regent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tnr said:

We received our refund for the March 14 cruise yesterday.  It was dated May 20, but showed on our account yesterday.  I am so relieved.  Thank you Regent.

Same date on the refund as ours.   Great news for both of us!!  Take care - hope we might cruise together another time...   Gerry

• Like 1

Update: 

Checked my VISA CC account this AM. 

As of 05/22/2020, have received credit for the basic fare regarding our Splendor March 14th cruise, which Regent canceled on the afternoon of March 13th while we were at the San Diego hotel. 

Still-await reimbursement for "reasonable charges" related to our March 14th return to SEATAC, and transport back to our Redmond home.  All documentation concerning these expenses (a bit-less than $1,000.00) was furnished Regent via our TA on March 17th. 

GOARMY!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please honor the purpose of this thread!

"This thread is simply and ONLY to track how long it is taking to get refunds from Regent.  I will transfer the data from your posts into a spreadsheet that you can see at:"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regent Explorer

scheduled sail date 4/27/20
Regent cancelled cruise 3/30/20
Regent cancelled excursions 3/30/20

I requested full cash refund 3/30/20

Received confirmation from Regent 3/30/20

no refunds as of 5/25/20

Thanks SuzieQft,

TamRod and Ruidoso Ann

• Thanks 1

Please, everyone, let's keep this thread to sharing data about your refunds.  The editorial comments AND replies belong elsewhere.  I have kept silent as this thread started down this path, not wanting to nag and make it contentious.  But the flood gates seem to be opening up, and I would prefer that not happen.

Thank you for your cooperation!

• Like 5

On 5/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, SkystheLimit said:

It was one month after final payment and cancelled one day before the %50 penalty date applied.  We lost our deposit and received a refund for the remainder of the fare,

Update.  We finally received our wire transfer from AMEX today.  Refund from Regent for cruise paid in full was on 5/07. So, an additional 19 days on top of the 50 for Regent.  Happy to have this resolved and wish everyone else the best.

• Thanks 1

Cruise set for April 16th (Voyager)

Regent Cancelled March 30th

Submitted refund request and got acknowledgement March 31st

submitted credit card dispute May 27th

as of May 27th, no sign of a refund

We were credited today with around $4600 which Regent had sent to a credit card we no longer have...  money came from the original credit card company.   Now all we have outstanding is a charge on another "defunct" card.  Hopefully we can sort that soon.

Still nothing from Regent towards our expenses for getting back to Switzerland from San Diego on 14 March.

• Thanks 1

Update,

Cruise date: 6/14/2020

Cancellation by Regent:  4/24/2020

Submitted request for refund:  4/24/2020

Refund request acknowledged

Booked cruise: 9/14/2019

Final payment: 2/14/2020

Filed dispute with VISA.  It took about two weeks.  Partial refund received.  Credit Card Company refunded my final payment.  Credit card company declined to refund my deposit stating that is was too far back to process a refund.  

I will either have to wait for RSSC to get around to refunding my deposit or I will have to escalate my request to higher management at credit card company.  I will probably escalate this issue.

My airline reservations were booked separately and cancelled by the airline.  They have been refunded to my credit card.

My hotel was a non-refundable booking.  They are offering a credit.  This one is a grey area.  I'll probably have to accept the credit.  I'd rather have a refund.  

My friends who were traveling with us have received nothing from anyone.

If RSSC blacklists me from ever doing business with them again, so be it.  As much as I have enjoyed their product, there are competitors who will be happy to take my money.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, orvil said:

Filed dispute with VISA.  It took about two weeks.  Partial refund received.  Credit Card Company refunded my final payment.

Orvil, did your credit card temporarily credit your account while they investigate, or was this the final resolution?  I have never heard of getting a final resolution that quickly, unless the vendor returned the money already.  Somehow I have a hard time visualizing Regent doing that.

Good news!

We received a credit on our credit card late last night for all of our port fees, taxes, and Culinary Kitchen fees for our April 1 cruise on Splendor from  Miami to NY. We cancelled this cruise on March 11, ahead of Regent cancelling the cruise. We had previously been given a FCC for this cruise, which we already applied to a future cruise.

We are still waiting for the “fees” credit on our also booked April 16 Splendor cruise from NY to Venice.

Sue

• Thanks 1

Summary of Regent Refund Process.

1. Regent cancels a cruise. You have 2 weeks to fill out a Refund Request form or it automatically converts to a FCC.

2. You complete the refund form and successfully submit it. The clock starts ticking towards 90 calendar days.

3. NCL process these refunds together (all 3 cruise lines are done together). Due to software limitations (I think it was not designed to handle cruises cancelled by the cruise line itself), these are all done by hand and then checked over again by hand by another person. There were errors early on, hence the redundancy now.

4. They are currently working on a batch of sailing from roughly April 1 - April 10. Refunds are processed out of this group, not necessarily by exact day.

5. When they process your refund, it shows up in your customer profile and can be confirmed a couple of days before you see the money back on the credit card used for booking.

6. If that credit card is closed and the credit doesn't go through, a Regent Rep will call your TA (or you) and arrange for another means of processing the refund.

7. I still don't have enough information to detail how a credit is processed if YOU cancel the cruise or how long this takes.

8. This information was obtained directly from different people at Regent and confirmed by 2 or more sources. I hope it helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Upon a dispute, a bank will often immediately credit the disputed amount back to your credit card with the understanding that they will take it back if the finding goes against you. Both US Trust and JP Morgan do this.

Pcardad - very interesting information especially point 6 in your previous post above -

"6. If that credit card is closed and the credit doesn't go through, a Regent Rep will call your TA (or you) and arrange for another means of processing the refund."

Because we booked our 14 march cruise a very long time ago (maybe 3 years) we had two credit cards that had been closed and which we had used for (a) down payment and (b) upgrade of suite payment.    Both were credited appropriately by Regent.   One of them, linked to my husband's prior brokerage account, we were able to recuperate thanks to our broker.  The second, charged to a Visa card that had been cancelled by Citibank and replaced by them with a Mastercard, is in limbo.  Regent credited the card on 20 May.  Our personal banker cannot find (!) the previous card and Visa says we didn't have one with them - hard to believe since we had had this card since the 1970's!

Do you have any idea what to do??  Will the funds return to Regent and then they will contact our TA?   I have spoken with her and she doesn't seem to be sure about the procedure either...