Regent Refund Roll Call

7 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

And how about passenger-cancelled?  How are they being processed?

I would guess in order of the cancellation being received by Regent (as opposed to in order of sailing date).

4 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I can only guess but I think that, in your case, you paid for the shore excursions in a separate transaction. They are probably being refunded separately from the cruise fare itself. I would expect you to see the remainder before long.

I am not worried about the excess shore excursions ($112). I am wondering about the remaining 7.7% of our final payment which is substantial. It seems funny that Regent chose to refund part, but not all, of our final payment charge. Others seem to receive everything at the same time.

12 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

And how about passenger-cancelled?  How are they being processed?

The new ones, very quickly.  Yours, not so much.  It looks like those cancelled in the last half of April are lagging behind, but since then they are going very fast.  Hopefully Regent will clear the books on past deposit cancellations soon.

5 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

I am not worried about the excess shore excursions ($112). I am wondering about the remaining 7.7% of our final payment which is substantial. It seems funny that Regent chose to refund part, but not all, of our final payment charge. Others seem to receive everything at the same time.

I would call and ask why...could it be port fees?

11 hours ago, SusieQft said:

The new ones, very quickly.  Yours, not so much.  It looks like those cancelled in the last half of April are lagging behind, but since then they are going very fast.  Hopefully Regent will clear the books on past deposit cancellations soon.

I hope so - and then I hope they will start making the promised contribution to "reasonable" return air costs for those of us on the 14 March cruise who were waiting at the port!!

22 hours ago, SusieQft said:

What do you mean the "new ones"?  You mean someone can cancel a future cruise now, and get a refund faster than I can, who cancelled in late April?  This makes no sense at all.

2 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Wendy, as I posted on this thread, we cancelled a future cruise on May 27, and had the refund back to the credit card on June 4.

Really?  That is terribly disheartening.  Why would they do such a thing?  (Sorry, I'm glad you got your money back, but really.)  Perhaps it's because mine is a big one--deposit on the world cruise.

Regent canceled our 4/16 cruise on 3/29. We applied for refund 3/30.

We received 5 credits to our credit card, 3 on 6/2 and 2 on 6/4 (although we couldn't see the last credit until today).

They total the full amount owed, so 66 days, better than we expected.

Thank you SusieQft for this roll call, it allowed us to have a sense of when we might see our refund.

Now we can turn some of this money around and make a final payment in July for our 10/12 LA to LA cruise. What are the chances that will actually sail????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

What do you mean the "new ones"?  You mean someone can cancel a future cruise now, and get a refund faster than I can, who cancelled in late April?  This makes no sense at all.

Take a look at the second tab, "Deposit Only," of the spreadsheet.  The tabs are at the bottom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10N3mC_RBiyaAFQnYNdDg4h1DAmwel3-C0rzTSH_XL9c/edit#gid=1159878666

There are currently only 4 in that tab that have not reported receiving their refunds:

@cruisealert has not reported in since 5/7/20.  Any updates?

@thumbun and @AuntyJan both canceled around the same time you did.  Any updates?

And yours is the fourth one.  I'm sure there are others, that either are not on CC or if they are they don't feel like reporting their experience here.

The people who cancelled in May seem to be getting a much faster turn around than those who cancelled in March and April, but there are some recent refunds from those who cancelled just before you.  I hope this means that they are working their way through the April cancellations and will get to yours soon.  You are still well under the "promised" 90 days, but I agree with you that it is unfair.  They are not going in the order of cancellation.

• Like 1

On the road so here is short version....deposits that only require a fast reversal ($200 FCC and the rest in refund) and getting processed first because they are simple. Full payments that have to be broken down into sub categories are taking longer.  They have assigned more people as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

On the road so here is short version....deposits that only require a fast reversal ($200 FCC and the rest in refund) and getting processed first because they are simple. Full payments that have to be broken down into sub categories are taking longer.  They have assigned more people as well.

Well that doesn't apply to ours.  It's a deposit refund--simplex, no categories required, I have the invoice already!  But it's big.  That's why I believe it's taking longer!

But my TA just told me they issued the refund today!  I'll update you when I actually get it!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Take a look at the second tab, "Deposit Only," of the spreadsheet.  The tabs are at the bottom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10N3mC_RBiyaAFQnYNdDg4h1DAmwel3-C0rzTSH_XL9c/edit#gid=1159878666

There are currently only 4 in that tab that have not reported receiving their refunds:

@thumbun and @AuntyJan both canceled around the same time you did.  Any updates?

And yours is the fourth one.  I'm sure there are others, that either are not on CC or if they are they don't feel like reporting their experience here.

The people who cancelled in May seem to be getting a much faster turn around than those who cancelled in March and April, but there are some recent refunds from those who cancelled just before you.  I hope this means that they are working their way through the April cancellations and will get to yours soon.  You are still well under the "promised" 90 days, but I agree with you that it is unfair.  They are not going in the order of cancellation.

Nothing yet......  I will keep you posted. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2020 at 8:29 AM, ddsun1 said:

Scheduled sail date - 04/01/2020 - Splendor, Miami - NYC

Regent cancelled cruise and excursions - 03/13/2020

Request for refund submitted via TA - 03/16/2020

No refund of 05/10/2020

Thank you for this, Susie!

Request for refund submitted via TA - 03/14/2020

No refund as of June 8,2020

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruisealert said:

Request for refund submitted via TA - 03/14/2020

No refund as of June 8,2020

As I understand it (and I certainly could be wrong), the 90 days is from the "scheduled sail date" rather than the date that your TA submitted a request for a refund.  That would bring the date to 7/1 (if Regent is counting weekends, it would be later).  Since many people with a sail date early in April have received refunds, I would ask my TA to check the status off your refund.

• Haha 1

As I understand it, it is 90 days from the date that you officially notify Regent (on their form) that you want a refund instead of FCC.  They are processing Regent-cancelled cruise refunds in the order of sail date, but the 90 day commitment, assuming there is one, is from cancellation date.  At least that was my perception.

However, I just searched the website and cannot find anything about 90 days, either way.  Maybe it was in a past email, or maybe just a commonly held belief here on CC.  Maybe @Pcardad, or anyone else with a definite answer to this, could weigh in and clarify.

14 hours ago, SusieQft said:

We have not received anything and have called Regent

Sail date April 1 Splendor

Regent Cancelled on March 13

We requested refund April 14

No $ as of June 9 😞

55 minutes ago, cruisealert said:

We have not received anything and have called Regent

Sail date April 1 Splendor

Regent Cancelled on March 13

We requested refund April 14

No $ as of June 9 😞

Refund request deadline for cruises Regent cancelled on 13 March was 13 April; looks like you might have been one day too late to request a refund.

Here is link on Regent website:

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2020-05/RSSC_VoyageSuspensionFAQ_052020.pdf

Look at top of second page.

Marc

• Thanks 1