making a member of the crew smile

ontheweb

With all the doom and gloom, I thought it might be time for some of us to share some more good memories.

On a HAL Boston to Montreal cruise in 2018, whenever I was sitting at a table at the buffet, it seemed the same server with a great smile would always be making sure my glass of lemonade was full. I motioned her over and told her I wanted to write her up as one of the crew members who made my cruise extra special. But to do so I needed to know her name, and I thought it would be rather impolite to stare at her chest to read her nametag.  Her smile got even bigger, and she spelled out her name for me. From then on my lemonade glass was never down even a sip, and she would check to see if I remembered the spelling.

I did of course do the write up. And almost 2 years later, I still remember her name and how to spell it. Honeyeo.

I hope you all have fond memories of crew members and also rewarded them by citing them as special to you. If I'm not mistaken, those good writeups help get them promotions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

With all the doom and gloom, I thought it might be time for some of us to share some more good memories.

On a HAL Boston to Montreal cruise in 2018, whenever I was sitting at a table at the buffet, it seemed the same server with a great smile would always be making sure my glass of lemonade was full. I motioned her over and told her I wanted to write her up as one of the crew members who made my cruise extra special. But to do so I needed to know her name, and I thought it would be rather impolite to stare at her chest to read her nametag.  Her smile got even bigger, and she spelled out her name for me. From then on my lemonade glass was never down even a sip, and she would check to see if I remembered the spelling.

I did of course do the write up. And almost 2 years later, I still remember her name and how to spell it. Honeyeo.

I hope you all have fond memories of crew members and also rewarded them by citing them as special to you. If I'm not mistaken, those good writeups help get them promotions.

Since 2004 I have only been able to eat Gluten free foods.In 2014 my wife and I were on a cruise and our Waiter was wonderful ,not only to me but to everyone at our table.I cited him as special to me when completing the post cruise survey.

My last cruise was in December 2019 and that Waiter was now the number 2 man in charge of the MDR’s on the ship.He recognized me and not only made sure that I had something that I could eat and enjoy at every meal.I made sure to inform the person that he reported to was wonderful and I also sent a letter to the CEO of the cruise line and got a response by phone and in writing.

• Like 3

Our cabin steward came to introduce himself, and was bubbling with excitement... it was his first cruise, and first time abroad, so he would say: "I've been in an AEROPLANE!" or "I've been to LONDON!" and best of all: "I've stayed in a PREMIER INN!"

He was lonely at first, because he was from the Philippines, and the majority of the crew were from India. We knew a waiter in the buffet from other cruises, also from the Philippines, so were able to introduce them... plus, we'd done this month long cruise before on the same ship, so he kept asking where this was, or what did he do...etc.

On the return crossing it was Valentine's Day, and my OH opened the door to our lovely man, who was handing out the roses to all the women. My OH said he'd take it, but, no- he wanted to give it to Madam Jo himself.

What a lovely, happy person,  I hope his future cruising has continued to excite him. 

• Like 2

On our cruise this past January, we had a long list of special staff members that we kept on our phone. We made sure to tell them how special they were, tipped accordingly and then filled in the proper paperwork with names and explanations.

There were two bartenders that really stood out. They were so warm and engaging it elevated your spirits. As far as quality of staff for the whole ship, it was probably one of our best ever.

• Like 1

I remember one cruise about a year ago.... we were having dinner at the Crown Grill we had a waiter called Franklin....

He was very good and we had a wonderful evening....  Then about nine months later   on the same ship in the Crown Grill...

Low and behold  Franklin was there..... He recognized us came over to say hello he remember our names....but the amazing thing.... he remember what we ordered for our last dinner..... to how our steak was done and the better half like her steak butterflyed    along with which wine we liked..... again another wonderful evening......

It is the crew whom make the cruise special

Cheers Don

• Like 1

One of the greatest things about being loyal to HAL and Princess are the crew members who remember.

One young lady, who has retired from the business to stay with her family, was on three separate cruises with us. On the third one, we approached her and said something like...I don't know if you remember us...OH YEAH! Before I was done, she told us which ship and what the itinerary was. We have photos of the three of us, Karen, Jim and Rowena. Wow!

Jim

• Like 1

My girlfriend is Filipino and she just loves meeting other Filipino people. She becomes super-friendly with them, especially her favorite ones. Even getting a picture with some. It may not sound like much, but it brings a smile to their face a lot more than some of the jerks around us do.

All in all, I do my best to stay nice and reasonable with all of the workers. I don't need them to know it's MY VACATION, I'm not rude when I don't get my way, making crazy demands. I appreciate all of the hard work they put in, and lo and behold, my vacations end up just fine.

• Like 1