More cancellations

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You can move the 2020 booking right now to the 2021 booking, not price protected but you can move your money to it right now, and the $100 per person change fee is waived. There was no need to lay out another $1000 for that deposit.

Why wouldn’t they be able to lift and shift and price protected it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your right, I was thinking August 1st date thing and his was August 2nd..........but it was booked by August 1st, so I stand corrected..........................oh yes then by all means L & S it.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I certainly could.

I try not to say certain things on this forum anymore because literally someone who looked me up on the internet based on my user name and started sending hate mail to my personal email addresses.

But to put it bluntly....I don't want to lift/shift until after a cancel happens.  We have a Royal Suite and a Grand Suite reserved.  Getting a GS is easy so wasn't worried about getting into one if this gets cancelled, but the RS is a single room per sailing....so I want to make sure I protecting my room choice hence the reservation and not just wait to do a lift and shift after formal notice of cancel.

1 minute ago, ltblu4golf said:

Darn!!! I suspected that would happen.  I had moved a sailing from April 2020 to the Indy for 30 July 2020.  Now wondering what will happen for two (B2B) in November 2020.

Not the brightest bulb in the pack huh?  lol

Just now, Jimbo said:

Wonder how that will go for you since you already got the 125% FCC on this sailing..........Highly doubt you will be able to go double dipping on that reservation if you think that is going to happen, I would just L & S it it the price in 2021 is much higher, whats teh price difference of the 2 sailings?

That is a possiblility.  The 125% covers about 50% of my 1st reservation so thinking I would end up with 125% again from April, plus 125% of what wasn't covered by that FCC and paid in cash.  Then I have a second reservation on the same sailing.

I don't see a big delta yet in pricing between the two (2020 and 2021) in the room category we sail in.

It had very interesting info. This was the investor web cast and it came up in the q & a time.

the official announcement will be during their noon web cast today.

Edited by later
  • Like 1

The real question is what cancellation options will be offered this time around.  It will be interesting to see if they offer 125% FCC, Lift and Shift, or both.

Edited by firefox247

8 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

1.  As OP has stated a few times, they want to go on the cruise if it sails.

2.  FCC was used to pay part of fare, 125 percent FCC would be given on other part.

i get the impression they fully understand what they are doing.

1. Everyone wants to go on a cruise. I get that...............but the time isn't anywhere near that soon, be a realist?

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

1. Everyone wants to go on a cruise. I get that...............but the time isn't anywhere near that soon, be a realist?

lol.

The time to go on a cruise is whenever the boats sail ;).  So until it is cancelled...

Trying times for sure.  But at some point....someone.....somewhere.....is going to be the 'first' sailing when cruising restarts.  No one knows when, or who, or where yet.....

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

lol.

The time to go on a cruise is whenever the boats sail ;).  So until it is cancelled...

Trying times for sure.

Damn for what you are paying, find a private yacht and go sail on that.........I bet they are easy to find and MUCH SAFER.

Would be fun and a change of pace for you.

Edited by Jimbo

26 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

But to put it bluntly....I don't want to lift/shift until after a cancel happens.  ....so I want to make sure I protecting my room choice hence the reservation and not just wait to do a lift and shift after formal notice of cancel.

My understanding is once Royal announces a cancellation, lift and shift is no longer available for those sailings. 

4 minutes ago, kastke said:

My understanding is once Royal announces a cancellation, lift and shift is no longer available for those sailings. 

Folks are hoping/surmising that they might add that as an option for this round of cancellations

Edited by molly361

5 minutes ago, kastke said:

That has not been announced one way or the other.

there was one poster who was able to do a L&S on her cruise that was cancelled by Roysl as the fcc had not been processed. 

3 minutes ago, kastke said:

Well if that's the case....they they are just protecting themselves right......

If I do a lift and shift now.....I get same pricing.

If I do a 'move my money to a new booking cruise' (which is essentially the same as a lift and shift without the same price guarantee) using a 125% future cruise credit it then turns into a small gambling dice  throw....will the room/itinerary have greater than a 25% rate increase for next year........but.........I already pre-booked the room to insulated myself from that and the rate was about the same.   I only did that for the one room...so my only exposure would be on the GS category.....I think that's a good gamble 😉

50 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Well if that's the case....they they are just protecting themselves right......

If I do a lift and shift now.....I get same pricing.

If I do a 'move my money to a new booking cruise' (which is essentially the same as a lift and shift without the same price guarantee) using a 125% future cruise credit it then turns into a small gambling dice  throw....will the room/itinerary have greater than a 25% rate increase for next year........but.........I already pre-booked the room to insulated myself from that and the rate was about the same.   I only did that for the one room...so my only exposure would be on the GS category.....I think that's a good gamble 😉

You are not alone...I am hurting losing my B2B Radiance August Alaska as well.  I am also waiting on official cancellation from RCI.  Our options are much better when they actually do.  Good luck in your travels.  🙂 

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Why do you have to be so hard and nasty to that poster that is understandably upset at losing her August Alaska cruise?  I am not happy about losing my B2B mid August Alaska cruise either.  I am also on that "wait for the official cancellation" mode.  

"Not going to open for one month"......  Ovation out of Seattle still showing as doing round trips August through September 17th (that is 7 weeks not "4 weeks" as you stated).  Serenade doing the RT out of Vancouver until mid September, and Radiance doing N/S until mid September.  Alaska cruising is very lucrative for cruise lines, costing 2-3 times what a Carib cruise would cost.  

Now...in your "official" announcement.....if you think you are 100% positive there will be no Alaska season, (and I don't give it much hope either) but.......what do you suggest RCI does with these ships?  There are pax booked on those 3 ships coming from Alaska mid September.  Serenade and Ovation heading to Hawaii, then to Australia.  Radiance heading to Asia.  So are you now going to tell us in your official statement that those cruises are cancelled also?  What about Asia, what about Australia?  

For those pax to board for those cruises...they are scheduled to come out of Vancouver/Seattle.  Ships would already have to be in place....if Canadian ports are open, and Alaska allows...why not Alaska in August through to September?  Alaska is already well into phase 2 of reopening.  It is all about logistics.  The ships will already have to be there if they are actually going to do the TPs and Asia/Australia season.  

Not at all being harsh, just accepting as to what I'm seeing and hearing, many on here are not. Believe me I would love to have ever cruiseline in full operation and every ship sailing at this time.

But face the reality it's not going to happen. As far as the ships being in logistically  the right place............Doesn't really matter, once crusing does start up some will still be sitting empty........The start up will not be like flipping on a an on /off switch.