Changes By Celebrity ---- Unrelated to COVID

Pinboy

For something new , how about a thought or two relating to changes you'd like to see Celebrity make Not related to Covid ?

Here's just a few ideas :

The amenities in the stateroom --- the soap bar with the little specs ( ?? ) , the hard plastic containers with shampoo , body lotion, and shower gel ---  the previous ones were easier to use, pen and pad in staterooms  ( they are already in suites ).

Remove the term " Additional Tip " reference on the bill in the Specialty restaurants. It's already included in the price.

Eliminate the Captain's 10 AM announcement of the vessel's current position , wind speed, distance traveled since last port. 

Hire a Caribbean band for sailings in the Caribbean .

We miss Bistro on Five and Silk Harvest on the Reflection and Silhouette.

The theme shows in the Theater have been the same for the past few years-- enough with the acrobats. 

Your thoughts ?

For something new , how about a thought or two relating to changes you'd like to see Celebrity make Not related to Covid ?

Here's just a few ideas :

The amenities in the stateroom --- the soap bar with the little specs ( ?? ) , the hard plastic containers with shampoo , body lotion, and shower gel ---  the previous ones were easier to use, pen and pad in staterooms  ( they are already in suites ).

Remove the term " Additional Tip " reference on the bill in the Specialty restaurants. It's already included in the price.

Eliminate the Captain's 10 AM announcement of the vessel's current position , wind speed, distance traveled since last port. 

Hire a Caribbean band for sailings in the Caribbean .

We miss Bistro on Five and Silk Harvest on the Reflection and Silhouette.

The theme shows in the Theater have been the same for the past few years-- enough with the acrobats. 

Your thoughts ?

The soap - shampoos - body lotions and shower gels are no big deal - good to have but I bring my own stuff so have never used Celebrity amenities like these 

People like to give an additional tip - I have had some spectacular service and love to tip extra 

Captain's announcements are good but needs to be later - 11am or 11:30am local time 

Yes on the Caribbean Band - local bands for where the cruise is located

Bistro on Five/Silk Harvest - yes - sad when they got rid of them. Le Petit Chef - very disappointing and not worth $55 

Theme Shows need updating 

Scouser 

• Like 1

Celebrity has much bigger things to focus on than  shampoo, time of Captains announcement, tip line on a bill.  

I think the band in ports is fun but in many ports, not just in the Caribbean, the bands or dancers are arranged by the port.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Why remove that line on the specialty restaurant bill?  Some might want to give an additional tip.

and why eliminate the 10 am update?  Many are quite amusing.

The " Additional Tip " that is added on to the bill goes into the pool for that restaurant. I was told that by a Maitre'D in Murano. We always give an additional tip directly to the Server , which they keep for themselves. 

36 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Celebrity has much bigger things to focus on than  shampoo, time of Captains announcement, tip line on a bill.  

Kindly re-read the topic heading -- Of course they have bigger things to focus on.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Kindly re-read the topic heading -- Of course they have bigger things to focus on.

I did read and re-read the title and there are bigger things to focus on.

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Isn't that what the OP is asking for, issues worth discussing not related to COVID-19? If you have bigger things to focus on unrelated to COVID-19, this thread provides the opportunity to do so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I forgot...yes, let’s see something in place of “Bait on Five”.  Bring back the Bistro.  Or have a rotating series of different cuisines....sushi if you must, but then the next day Indian, then northern Italian, then German, Jamaican, and so on.  Give us a reason to go back there more than once.  

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I agreed with you . I said they have bigger things to focus on.

We are on the same page .

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I forgot...yes, let’s see something in place of “Bait on Five”.  Bring back the Bistro.  Or have a rotating series of different cuisines....sushi if you must, but then the next day Indian, then northern Italian, then German, Jamaican, and so on.  Give us a reason to go back there more than once.  

Unfortunately, Bistro on Five had many fans, DW and I included, but not enough of us to sustain the concept. Bummer. A rotating menu is a great idea.

Just now, Fouremco said:

Unfortunately, Bistro on Five had many fans, DW and I included, but not enough of us to sustain the concept. Bummer. A rotating menu is a great idea.

We used to go there as soon as we boarded ( $ 5.00 per person -- delicious crepes, panini sandwiches , nicely served )  instead of the OVC . Now we go to the Spa cafe ( good food, relaxing atmosphere ).  

Both venues remind me of " Old Montreal " area  -----Classy , French atmosphere. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Bait on Five...That’s what I call it too!  I miss Bistro On 5 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I think the band in ports is fun but in many ports, not just in the Caribbean, the bands or dancers are arranged by the port.

A Caribbean cruise should have Caribbean bands....steel drum.....used to have them all the time.

• Like 4

We also enjoyed B on 5 on embarkation day but honestly never went again during a cruise.  Can remember the steel drum bands on our earlier cruises and would love to see them back for the Caribbean cruises. Sorry, but we love the acrobats and aerialists and make a point of attending their shows. To each their own I guess. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

A Caribbean cruise should have Caribbean bands....steel drum.....used to have them all the time.

I'm glad there's no steel drum Caribbean bands. Hate them with a passion and definitely old school Carnival Cruise type entertainment. You want to bring back the dancing waiters in the MDR so you can wave your dinner napkins around?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They are definitely never bringing back individual toiletries again. Almost all of the major hotel companies are also doing away with individual toiletries to reduce single use plastic waste. 

Now can we use more convenient dispensers? Absolutely. I've seen some hotels use squeeze bottles attached to a wall bracket that's much easier to dispense the product. In fact they've been using those types of dispensers for decades in Europe. 

Edited by kwokpot

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

You want to bring back the dancing waiters in the MDR so you can wave your dinner napkins around?

LOL---NO way ---- It could lead to Fun ! 

Holy Cow, one time once I saw a whole bunch of Waiters dancing around the dining room to Hot Hot Hot with a baked Alaska on top of their head !!!  Yup, no joke, and the entire dining room was cheering , clapping , and waiving their napkin around -- over their head too  .  Talk about a " wild crowd "  !!!

Another time, and this is true, your cruises might not of had this--- on the last night of the cruise, all the Chefs ,  Maitre'Ds , and Waiters lined up on the staircase and sang '' We are the world " .  Luckily for us , the Cruise Director explained the significance of the song as there were Staff from 194 Country's onboard to serve us. The entire dining room cheered as if they won a lottery.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL---NO way ---- It could lead to Fun ! 

Holy Cow, one time once I saw a whole bunch of Waiters dancing around the dining room to Hot Hot Hot with a baked Alaska on top of their head !!!  Yup, no joke, and the entire dining room was cheering , clapping , and waiving their napkin around -- over their head too  .  Talk about a " wild crowd "  !!!

Another time, and this is true, your cruises might not of had this--- on the last night of the cruise, all the Chefs ,  Maitre'Ds , and Waiters lined up on the staircase and sang '' We are the world " .  Luckily for us , the Cruise Director explained the significance of the song as there were Staff from 194 Country's onboard to serve us. The entire dining room cheered as if they won a lottery.  

First let me say I meant no disrespect to Carnival; I have 19 cruises with them vs 18 with Celebrity. I know for many people some of the cruising traditions such as steel bands, singing waiters, cabin door decorations, towel animals,etc are sacrosanct. But that's why there's different cruiselines that offer a different product to satisfy different audiences. I like the direction that Celebrity is taking to offer a more modern, evolved cruising experience at a mainstream line pricing. For people looking for the more traditional cruising experience you have Holland America, Princess, and Cunard.

And TBH I do find Carnival ships FUN and enjoy their experience for what it is.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3

Just now, kwokpot said:

And TBH I do find Carnival ships FUN and enjoy their experience for what it is.

FYI--- We were never on Carnival --- what I described was on Celebrity . 

Just now, Pinboy said:

FYI--- We were never on Carnival --- what I described was on Celebrity . 

My first Celebrity cruise was in 2002 on the Millennium. In the MDR we were at a Large table and back then it's when you had two assistant waiters. I remember one of the assistant waiters, he was Eastern European, was obviously not particularly happy with his job. He made lame attempts to entertain table and he even tried to do a magic trick that went went awry. I actually felt sorry for him because it was obvious that he was instructed to entertain his table guests and it was just not in his nature to do things like that.