Option 1 Higher Value???

loving goldens

Yes and yes.  Two FCC are listed in our accounts, the first for the cruise fare amount and the second at 50% of the cruise fare.  Taxes and fees do not show as they are included in the mystery holding account.  We responded directly to Princess with the option request but sine we also used a TA we had to resubmit through them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loving goldens said:

Just wondering if anyone has received their FCC yet?  Are you getting the correct amounts? We cancelled our March 21 and have got nothing???  We are booked through TA... 

We received our 100% + 75% FCCs weeks ago into our CC accounts. We didn't cancel our April 4 trip, Princess did around mid-March. It had been booked through a  TA. Still no sign of the taxes etc being returned to my credit card, but our TA says Princess is more or less prioritizing the refunds by sail date, and they are still plowing through the March cancellations/refunds.

• Like 2

We got ours a few weeks back for a 3/29 sailing that was canceled. Correct amounts, one for cruise price 100% and one for bonus 75% of cruise price. Now if we can actually get to use these credits … well, we're hopful on that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, loving goldens said:

Just wondering if anyone has received their FCC yet?  Are you getting the correct amounts? We cancelled our March 21 and have got nothing???  We are booked through TA... 

Did you cancel before Princess did? Did you file for Option 1 or 2?  Did you receive a confirmation of your submission? 

If you did not cancel before Princess did and you have not received any FCC yet, then it is likely that Princess did not receive/register your Option choice and you or your TA need to call to get your ‘survey’ in line.  

If you cancelled, then you are in a different batch that has not yet started processing.

• Like 1

We have also received the FCC (full cruise amount less taxes) and the 50% bonus.  This was part of massive mid-March cancellation.  Still waiting for the port taxes.  I'm not sure if they are coming back to the credit card, or if they are in the mystery holding account.  Either way, no one is cruising anywhere yet, so we can afford to be patient. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

We have also received the FCC (full cruise amount less taxes) and the 50% bonus.  This was part of massive mid-March cancellation.  Still waiting for the port taxes.  I'm not sure if they are coming back to the credit card, or if they are in the mystery holding account.  Either way, no one is cruising anywhere yet, so we can afford to be patient. 

AFAIK, the "holding accounts" are simply internal Princess financial vehicles for keeping track of the money owed, and the money will go back on the credit card you used to make the payment in the first place. Folks elsewhere here on CC are now saying the credit card refunds have started, so we'll see how it goes....

• Like 3

It is my understanding that the monies paid for taxes, airfare, P's travel insurance, if you bought it, is being held by P.  They will refund it back to the credit card but only if you call and request that option.  Otherwise it is used against like expenses on a future cruise. Monies paid for drink packages, excursions, etc will automatically go back to the credit card used.

2 minutes ago, patrickmoran said:

It is my understanding that the monies paid for taxes, airfare, P's travel insurance, if you bought it, is being held by P.  They will refund it back to the credit card but only if you call and request that option.  Otherwise it is used against like expenses on a future cruise. Monies paid for drink packages, excursions, etc will automatically go back to the credit card used.

Not sure if that applies to the "older" original cancellation cases. Our TA, who is in regular contact with P, says that the refund, in our case anyway, is automatic and should be applied directly to our AMEX card within a few weeks. I guess I'll have to follow up with her...

6 hours ago, loving goldens said:

Yes and yes.

• Like 1

Holding Accounts for air, taxes, etc apply ONLY to Option 1 people.  Apparently the thinking is that choosing FCCs means you will be using the FCCs soon and will want to use the Holding Account money to pay for the same items on your next booking.  (It also gives Princess a better cash flow and use of your money in the interim).  If you chose Option 1 but want your Holding Account funds refunded, you need to ask for them. 

If you chose Option 2, the ancillary funds are supposed to be refunded along with your fare.

4 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Holding Accounts for air, taxes, etc apply ONLY to Option 1 people.  Apparently the thinking is that choosing FCCs means you will be using the FCCs soon and will want to use the Holding Account money to pay for the same items on your next booking.  (It also gives Princess a better cash flow and use of your money in the interim).  If you chose Option 1 but want your Holding Account funds refunded, you need to ask for them. 

If you chose Option 2, the ancillary funds are supposed to be refunded along with your fare.

Interesting. Our TA spoke to Princess re a potential booking and they confirmed to her that our refund was processed on 21 May and the money was going to be refunded to my credit card within 3 to 5 business days from today. We chose Option 1 and neither we or our TA specifically asked for the refund.

• Like 1

I cancelled March 6 for a March 7 th cruise that sailed without me 

Received 100 percent FCC for cruise fare in April.

Taxes, port fees, excursions, drinks refunded to credit card day I cancelled.

FCD was included in FCC received.  Mine expires D ec 31/21. Would not reinstate it to use again. Had expiry date of March 2021.

TA told I was part of Pause 1 to get Option 1, but that was an error on Princess rep’s part. 

Last time I am posting this to show difference in how refunds are being handled 

Hope rest of cc friends see their Pause 1 refunds by end of May. 

Edited by dog

19 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Did you cancel before Princess did? Did you file for Option 1 or 2?  Did you receive a confirmation of your submission? 

If you did not cancel before Princess did and you have not received any FCC yet, then it is likely that Princess did not receive/register your Option choice and you or your TA need to call to get your ‘survey’ in line.  

If you cancelled, then you are in a different batch that has not yet started processing.

We were to sail on 4/4 Sky, we did not cancel, Princess did. We chose Option 1 a few days after we got the form to do so and subsequently received an email confirmation of our choice. We received our 175% FCC a few weeks ago. We received an email from Jan Swartz a couple of days ago informing us that we would soon be receiving our FCC - which we have had for several weeks. We still have not received the cc refund. 

We have been told on 2 occasions that we could use the FCC on cruise fare, port fees and taxes, which is different from in the past when using FCC was only allowed on the cruise fare. So, we are very pleased that we will be able to use the FCC on essentially the full cost of the cruise including Princess Plus. They did make it clear that we would not be able to use FCC as obc, but if we ever get to cruise we will have an upgraded room that includes Princess Plus. Here's to hoping that we will all be able to sail safely and enjoy our vacations once again!!!

16 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Thanks, I didn't realize this, I will have to call and see if we can have the money refunded.

This why I am so confused....lol.. we got an email couple weeks ago saying if we wanted the refund to do nothing...but yet my TA says no we would get FCC... we did cancel before Princess was still allowed to apply for Option 1.... it was when this mess started... we are in Nova Scotia and there was a government travel ban in place.... Thks for your comments...

Anyone seeing FCDs being returned to their Captains Circle account? My Alaskan cruise was cancelled on April 14 which was right on final payment date, so I automatically got option 2 as I hadn’t paid in full yet. 

• Like 1

Princess cancelled of mine, I cancelled September TA

1. Itinerary cancelled - payment transferred to Sky Transatlantic 09/04/20,  Goodwill OBC received 

2. Princess cancelled right before Pause 1 - Full refund, 50% FCC, waiting on 50% FCC (Option 2)

3. Pause 1 - 175% FCC received, applied misc fees / expenses / ins to 2021 cruises (Option 1)

4. Cancelled Sky TA the week before Pause 3 - pndg refund only (I will have enough FCC)

At this point I'm only owed 1074 FCC + $4215 (Paid for 3 with 28 days / full refund on 1 with 7 days / FCC will completely cover 2 with 25 days and I'll have 4k to pocket or spend onboard. I'm good)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, loving goldens said:

This why I am so confused....lol.. we got an email couple weeks ago saying if we wanted the refund to do nothing...but yet my TA says no we would get FCC... we did cancel before Princess was still allowed to apply for Option 1.... it was when this mess started... we are in Nova Scotia and there was a government travel ban in place.... Thks for your comments...

I think it depends on what Pause your cancelled cruise was in.

In one pause the default was to receive a cash refund and you had to ask for the higher value FCC.

In one of the other pauses the default was to get the higher value FCC and you had to ask for a cash refund.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I think it depends on what Pause your cancelled cruise was in.

In one pause the default was to receive a cash refund and you had to ask for the higher value FCC.

In one of the other pauses the default was to get the higher value FCC and you had to ask for a cash refund.

You wonder why passengers and agents are confused.