When do you think you'll cruise again?

grest

Our considerate children have also taught our grandchildren very well.  No hugs & kisses for months.  I should feel thankful and blessed, but it is getting harder and harder to keep my distance.

Barbara 

• Like 5

Next booked cruise for me is mid-Jan 2021, Veendam S.Carib RT out of Tampa. Pretty hopeful it will sail and if so I will  not only be more than ready, but also confident to cruise.   Winter in Florida and they were in Phase 4, fully open when I came back North 3 wks ago. Masks and distance in stores remain, of course. 

I enjoy HAL's smaller ships.  As Veendam's  plans show a classic promenade deck, I booked a lanai cabin with reserved deck chair this trip.  So I can enjoy fresh air and be more inclined to take a couple of good walks each day than I would on a reg balcony I'm  not inclined to leave.  Deck plans show ample wide open spaces on upper decks to get a bit of sun too.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FinelyRetired said:

I live in Florida and we are starting Phase 2 tomorrow. It excludes Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties which remain in phase 1. Not all businesses are fully 100% open and some are opening for the first time tomorrow. There is no Phase 4, only 3. 

This was my response, not Finely Retired’s response.

Edited by SteelMagnolia9

8 hours ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

Thanks, Steel Magnolia,  for clarification re: phases# correction and your  reminder that a few parts  Miami/Dade of East Coast are lagging rest of state.  Many more areas of  F la, are open for business: In Lee, I frequented: restaurants in & out dining, non-essential small and large: eye lash, nail, hair salons open, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, libraries, had routine medical tests 3 weeks ago before I came back.  Many months of hot weather between now and Jan. when I plan to getting back to cruising for me to

feel confident to book and feel I can be safe to do a S. Carib cruise  out of Tampa that I am able to drive to on my own.

Hi all, I’m booked on the ‘round Africa in the Fall of 2021-one port, the Seychelles has closed , so we’ll see about the others. There are many stops there that I would love to experience, even though I lived in Botswana for 3 years and saw much of there,  South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi. Hope there is lot’s of interest but one never knows in the current situation of incredible uncertainty.🤔

10 hours ago, FinelyRetired said:

Thanks, Steel Magnolia,  for clarification re: phases# correction and your  reminder that a few parts  Miami/Dade of East Coast are lagging rest of state.  Many more areas of  F la, are open for business: In Lee, I frequented: restaurants in & out dining, non-essential small and large: eye lash, nail, hair salons open, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, libraries, had routine medical tests 3 weeks ago before I came back.  Many months of hot weather between now and Jan. when I plan to getting back to cruising for me to

feel confident to book and feel I can be safe to do a S. Carib cruise  out of Tampa that I am able to drive to on my own.

I feel certain by January your S. Caribbean cruise will be a “go”. I have a S. Caribbean cruise with HAL booked for November From Ft. Lauderdale. It’s a “ wait and see” for me if it goes in November and what it might look like if it does.

Phase 2 - Movie theaters, bars, concert/theatre venues allowed to open now with reduced capacity, tattoo parlors also can open. Retail & gyms now can operate at 100% capacity. With season ended, they rarely operate at 100% capacity in the summer anyway. Restaurants are still at 50%, but if they have outdoor dining, that can be filled 100% (rain and heat are issues eating outside now). 

5 hours ago, canoncruiser said:

Hi all, I’m booked on the ‘round Africa in the Fall of 2021-one port, the Seychelles has closed , so we’ll see about the others. There are many stops there that I would love to experience, even though I lived in Botswana for 3 years and saw much of there,  South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi. Hope there is lot’s of interest but one never knows in the current situation of incredible uncertainty.🤔

Hope you are aware that this cruise has been canceled.

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

I am afraid Holland America is not going to have any more cruises this year.

Not official yet so all we can do is wait and see.

We are booked for the Holidays in December as always but we have our doubts. When we get to final payment if it hasn't already been canceled I think we will be. This would really hurt as we have been cruising for the Holidays every year since 1988. That's 32 years in a row. I have told my mom that I have always known that there would come a time that we wouldn't go and if this is the year its more because of something happening that we didn't have any control over. I have mentioned in other posts that when the cruise lines can get their  ships  going again its going to be gradual and limited capacity. Some cruise lines have already announced at least starting with a limited number of ships. So there will be people that will lose their cruises because the ship they are supposed to be on isn't back in service yet.

9 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Perhaps the poster meant that the 2020 Around Africa cruise was canceled which it has been.

That's what I was referring to. If this cruise is also happening in 2021 then I  was not aware of it.

I have low expectations of cruising again without a vaccine, since the pandemic is going strong in parts of every continent except Australia and Antarctica.

As long as pandemic is on, travel insurance companies will not cover covid.

Cruising will resume in some countries. Ponant is preparing a contingency where their ships are departing from French ports on a France-only itinerary. Presumably, EU universal heath coverage will cover the European pax.

Do check with your insurance company about coverage. All the best.

6 hours ago, canoncruiser said:

7 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

That's what I was referring to. If this cruise is also happening in 2021 then I  was not aware of it.

Sorry, the poster wrote fall of 2021, I was just going by that.  Very well could have meant to type 2020....which is indeed cancelled.

6 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Sorry, the poster wrote fall of 2021, I was just going by that.  Very well could have meant to type 2020....which is indeed cancelled.

Oops. My Bad as I didn't go back far enough in the thread to see it mentioned as 2021. Have had a lot of things on my mind lately cause of what has been going on with my mom and we have no family close by to us. I have literally said that I wish we were across the street from my niece where they are in MN. Oh they are away from where everything has been going on and in a pretty rural area. And I am a native Minnesotan myself.

• Like 1

2021 more likely.  Hopefully, when the mask and social distancing restrictions are eased and things would get somewhat back to normal.

I should have been on my way to an Alaskan Cruise on the Eurodam by now, but it got cancelled.  I also have a November cruise in the Caribbean that is iffy.  With all the restrictions (social distancing/masks), I am leaning toward against going.  

On 6/2/2020 at 9:19 AM, SilvertoGold said:

Alberta is going a good job of this.  I'd like to see BC do the same.

Um Alberta has less population and more cases, just saying.

Masks are available everywhere, very little cost.

I think all provinces are trying hard and some are doing better than others and BC is one that is doing better than others.

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Um Alberta has less population and more cases, just saying.

Masks are available everywhere, very little cost.

I think all provinces are trying hard and some are doing better than others and BC is one that is doing better than others.

The New York Times has a laudatory article about BC's health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/world/canada/bonnie-henry-british-columbia-coronavirus.html

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaveSJ711 said:

The New York Times has a laudatory article about BC's health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/world/canada/bonnie-henry-british-columbia-coronavirus.html

Dr. Henry is well respected and her approach has been calm and kind and for the most part people are doing just that.